What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rep Challenge: Who leads the Buffs in rushing this season?

CU's leading rusher for 2015?

• Total voters
I like the way Lindsay runs. But this "running back by committee" thing makes it really difficult for any one running back to excel, IMO. I don't see any RB getting that many carries on a "per game" basis.

I think we need to consider adding Kyle Evans, this committee isn't big enough yet.

I say Lindsay for 650, but it really could be anybody of Carr, Baltazar, Adkins, Powell, and Lindsay.

Last edited:
All I know is I haven't seen depth like this since '01.

And I realize my post was too bitchy. But any comparison of the current group to that 2001 group annoys me. That group was ridiculously talented.

I actually agree with Flounder. "Since" is not a comparison to the 2001 group, and CU does appear to have better depth at the RB position than I can recall in the last ten years or so. Granted, its partially untested depth, but pretty excited about the options we have.

Adkins and Pow deal with injuries...again (hopefully not, but my prediction). Carr shows up to fall camp with something to prove and the Freshman runs for 801 yds on the season. Kid seems like the real deal.

Adkins and Pow deal with injuries...again (hopefully not, but my prediction). Carr shows up to fall camp with something to prove and the Freshman runs for 801 yds on the season. Kid seems like the real deal.

801 huh? This isn't the Price is Right.

Well still think it'll be Lindsay but hoping Carr and Baltazar make plays for us. Hope they are too good to keep off the field. Their role might be bigger than we think, never know who is gonna get dinged up.

Got a bet with Baltazar and Klayton Adams from signing day. Adams was comparing AB to Marshawn Lynch with a comment that AB preferred starburst's over skittles. Told AB and Adams that if he hit 1000yds at game 10, I would donate starburst's to the whole team. He accepted the challenge.

Hoping I have to make a trip to CostCo in early November. So I guess my money is on Baltazar, for 1350 yds.

Just to be a bit different, Carr with 800.

P.S. - judging by the voting so far, Donald Gordon is going to rush for 1500 yards.

All I know is I haven't seen depth like this since '01.

To put that class in perspective:

Marcus Houston was the ****tiest RB on the team and he was a far better HS prospect than the three coming in combined. Chris Brown was a beast contented for the Heisman the next year prior to injury and had a 7 year NFL career. Purify almost hit 1k yards twice and averaged 5.8 a carry in 2001. The #3 RB on the roster only averaged 6.4 per touch.

No one in Buffnik's list will touch:
- the NFL
- ever get into a Heisman discussion
- be a top 5 RB in the country coming out of highschool
- And it is pretty unlikely any of them touches Purify's career mark of 3k yards and 20 TD's

Chris Brown was bigger than Christian Powel and as fast as the fastest of these backs.

The post also implies 2002 wasnt great when Brown rushed for 1800 Purify 750 and Calhoun for 350 - our #2 back in this year isnt going for 750, our #3 will have to have abreakout year to touch 300. A better comment might have been best since 2008 when we had three backs over 250 yards and a leading rusher with 600+ yards which seems a lot more realistic based on early returns from this group.

I realize there is no fun in that though.

I think Gordon redshirts, Carr is the most electric but plays more as a 3rd down back/returner on special teams, Baltazar contributes but doesn't get as many reps as Powell or Lindsay, and Adkins has flashes but doesn't stay healthy (nor does Powell). I'll say Lindsay at 675, with three other guys between 350 and 650.

I went with Carr. Dude is a beast and honestly none of our current backs have been consistent enough to earn the majority of the snaps yet. I think Carr could, although it may take him a few games to get the rock (unless he blows up in the fall).

I'll go with 800 yards.

Marcus Houston was the ****tiest RB on the team and he was a far better HS prospect than the three coming in combined. Chris Brown was a beast contented for the Heisman the next year prior to injury and had a 7 year NFL career. Purify almost hit 1k yards twice and averaged 5.8 a carry in 2001. The #3 RB on the roster only averaged 6.4 per touch.

- the NFL
- And it is pretty unlikely any of them touches Purify's career mark of 3k yards and 20 TD's

Chris Brown was bigger than Christian Powel and as fast as the fastest of these backs.

The post also implies 2002 wasnt great when Brown rushed for 1800 Purify 750 and Calhoun for 350 - our #2 back in this year isnt going for 750, our #3 will have to have abreakout year to touch 300. A better comment might have been best since 2008 when we had three backs over 250 yards and a leading rusher with 600+ yards which seems a lot more realistic based on early returns from this group.

I'm not so sure Marcus was the ****tiest, I think he was the weakest in more ways than one.

Just to be a bit different, Carr with 800.

P.S. - judging by the voting so far, Donald Gordon is going to rush for 1500 yards.

LOL, just to match 3 other people's opinion you mean?

Does anyone remember Bobby Purify's recruiting? Rivals and recruiting wasn't as big but still out there. He was the afterthought that had little talk but once he saw the field in a crowded situation he made the most of it. If Gordon is that type of afterthought, that would mean very good things!

- the NFL

You totally overlooked the guy who was the most versatile back - Cortlan Johnson who average 6.4 YPC that season. Great 3rd down back because of his pass catching ability. Fought a lot of injuries over his career.

- the NFL

hell yes

image.jpg

Back