What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RG needs to move quickly.

SMH. JL’s Twitter game has some of you thirsty af. That’s the ONLY place he recruits and he uses it as a front to portray himself as some sort of ace recruiter who doubles as the uncle everyone wants to have a beer with.

Is he an improvement on MM? Maybe. Is he the best we can do? No.

Duff Man supportive of MM? Outside of Slider and a few other randos, I can’t think of anyone more consistently skeptical or critical of MM’s ability to get CU to the next level. Take a lap, 8Jah

SMH. JL’s Twitter game has some of you thirsty af. That’s the ONLY place he recruits and he uses it as a front to portray himself as some sort of ace recruiter who doubles as the uncle everyone wants to have a beer with.

Is he an improvement on MM? Maybe. Is he the best we can do? No.
He's definitely an improvement on MM. He's also definitely not the best we can do, based on the names being circulated right now.

My preference is Leach, Holgorsen, Lake, Fisch, Babers, Long, in that order. (I threw Leach in there because I think, well, he's the pirate and he's Allsome). I'd be excited about any of them.

Not excited about Tedford, Wells, or Littrell. Kiffen would make me sick. If Leavitt becomes coach, I will only be disappointed because there are better candidates out there, but I think he's a step up from where we've been. RG's aiming higher, IMO.

RG's actions speak louder than words. Everything he's done since he got here has been full-on-go, so I'd think it gets done pretty quickly. He doesn't F around, that's for sure.
Sounded like the committee was already in place

Folks ignore the comments of duffman. He was a big supporter of all our past three failed coaches. He was completely for extending MM and has never really grasped what’s going on.

JL is the guy. Do it now.
If there's one thing that has annoyed me about @Duff Man it has been his love of G5 coaches. Duff's constantly excusing their lack of recruiting connects with blue chip players in our footprint and saying it doesn't matter that they don't hire top recruiters for their staffs. I wish Duff would be willing to consider hiring a coordinator from an elite P5 program as our HC, but he's hard headed on this. Dude just loves himself some coaches in the Hawkins and MacIntyre molds. And don't even get me started on Duff when it comes to Embree. I swear, if a coach has ever had a cup of coffee in Boulder then that guy immediately becomes Duff's #1 pick for any open CU coaching position. If we could find a G5 head coach who was once a GA at CU before moving on to a G5 career, it would be Duff's perfect candidate.

If there's one thing that has annoyed me about @Duff Man it has been his love of G5 coaches. Duff's constantly excusing their lack of recruiting connects with blue chip players in our footprint and saying it doesn't matter that they don't hire top recruiters for their staffs. I wish Duff would be willing to consider hiring a coordinator from an elite P5 program as our HC, but he's hard headed on this. Dude just loves himself some coaches in the Hawkins and MacIntyre molds. And don't even get me started on Duff when it comes to Embree. I swear, if a coach has ever had a cup of coffee in Boulder then that guy immediately becomes Duff's #1 pick for any open CU coaching position. If we could find a G5 head coach who was once a GA at CU before moving on to a G5 career, it would be Duff's perfect candidate.
You know, there *is* a font for that.

No. Why would he?
How would a Holgerson timeline look, though? Possibly playing in the Big 12 Championship game in 2 weeks, followed by a possible NY6 bowl. Assuming if he's a serious candidate (which just about every outlet seems to think he is), it would have wait until after Championship weekend, no?

How would a Holgerson timeline look, though? Possibly playing in the Big 12 Championship game in 2 weeks, followed by a possible NY6 bowl. Assuming if he's a serious candidate (which just about every outlet seems to think he is), it would have wait until after Championship weekend, no?
Hint: cheer for the dirt burglarers this weekend.

It wouldn't be the first time a coach leaves his team before they compete in a bowl. Actually I believe that happened with HCMM when he left SJSU for CU as well.

It wouldn't be the first time a coach leaves his team before they compete in a bowl. Actually I believe that happened with HCMM when he left SJSU for CU as well.

Happens quite a bit. Mullen didn’t coach the bowl last year when he took the UF job.

Yes. But you want him winning that Big 12 Championship if you are hiring him anyway.

Back