What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scrimmage notes

I've said it before. It might be a mental thing that keeps Jimmy from realizing his potential. He's got all the tools. There seems to be something missing.

From what I have read on TOS is that Scott was running with the 2nd string O which puts him up against our 1st string D. If our 1st string D is as tough against the run as last year then I think those are pretty impressive #'s DS is putting up in the 1st scrimmage of the fall. Throw him behind the men mtns on our 1st string O line and those #'s are going to sky rocket.

From what I have read on TOS is that Scott was running with the 2nd string O which puts him up against our 1st string D. If our 1st string D is as tough against the run as last year then I think those are pretty impressive #'s DS is putting up in the 1st scrimmage of the fall. Throw him behind the men mtns on our 1st string O line and those #'s are going to sky rocket.
he played a lot with the #1 offense.

Just looked at the running stats from the game on our tailbacks

Sumler: 3.9 ypc
Scott: 5.8 ypc
Polk. 6.5 ypc
Speedy: 7.3 ypc:wow:

what a class this is going to be! :gobuffs:

Wow. We're barely a week into practice and there is already discussion of DS being a bust? Come on people, give him some time. He was a 5-star recruit, but that doesn't make him some sort of video game player who breaks 5 tackles every play and scores 8 TD's every game.

Go Buffs!

Wow. We're barely a week into practice and there is already discussion of DS being a bust? Come on people, give him some time. He was a 5-star recruit, but that doesn't make him some sort of video game player who breaks 5 tackles every play and scores 8 TD's every game.

Go Buffs!
no one said "bust" in a serious vein. He obviously has talent (he DID lead the scrimmage in yardage), but he just as obviously is not all there yet.

I don't think anybodys calling DS a bust. It's more that Polk and Stewart are really impressive right now - probably moreso than anybody thought they would be.

What I'm looking forward to is playing a team, say *ebraska, and the game is tight going into the 4th quarter. Send Stewart in there and have him break off a 70 yard run to just break the will of the opponent.

A question for those that got to see the scrimmage and saw some practices last year.

Is there really any comparison between this year and last? For all of the faults that people have pointed out, it feels to me like the team is light years ahead of where they were the first week of fall camp last year.

one dimension of the scrimmage was not mentioned here, but in an article:

said:
Apparently the unemployment rate in Boulder and the surrounding area is skyrocketing based on the number of people who were able to attend a Monday afternoon scrimmage. Several hundred folks watched from behind the ropes.

well done buff brothers and sisters!

Slightly OT, but, I stopped by morning practice today and they were doing some field goals. It looked like Sanders was the long snapper (he can snap it 10 yards quickly but not 4 yards moderately paced?) and Cody was holding. For those of you that saw the scrimmage, was this just for today, or is this who is going to be starting?

he played a lot with the #1 offense.

I hope all of the talk in the Daily Camera is not suger coating anything, because they appear to have alot more positive things to say than negitive. But judging from what I've been reading on the posts here the last several days, maybe there is more than to it than what meets the eye.

Seems like Speedy will be the change-up/scat back on "O" and maybe returning kicks

with espinoza out the job is his. We will be seeing Speedy August 31st returning kicks. It will be like lambs to a slaughter!

I like Espinoza. I do. But i think he's a little overhyped. He had 2 good scrimmages in the spring. But he had a bad spring game. I watched him recently in practice also. He did okay, but he's not in the same league as RStewart. But i loved the stiff arm during that spring scrimmage he gave someone. It was sick. :thumbsup:

Back