What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sean mother****ing Lewis

Weird, b/c we were attacked for suggesting that Cormani likely wouldn't see significant time until later in the year, and adamantly told that he is HIM. He probably will be some day, but it's a process that most recruits need to grow into. TH is the exception.
I think he was in on Special Teams kick coverage?

The shallow crossers felt like a little bit of a schematic issue as well. It’s a man beater concept and Cooper just couldn’t stay with Horton. Later in the game they made some plays when they were in more zone coverage.

I think they want to play man, especially with Hunter, but they may need to move to more of a zone scheme without him, which puts more pressure on the LBs
Haha, my understanding was always that those crossing routes are designed to beat zone coverage since the WR has to be passed off to the defender in each zone.

I was calling for more man to man looks but it didn’t look like Breedlove or Cooper could match the CSU WR’s man to man.

From a quick Google search:

IMG_1681.jpeg

Also - I get the feeling that our kicking is going to bite us at some point this season. Mata needs to kick everything inside 45. This needs to be addressed in the offseason.

Haha, my understanding was always that those crossing routes are designed to beat zone coverage since the WR has to be passed off to the defender in each zone.

I was calling for more man to man looks but it didn’t look like Breedlove or Cooper could match the CSU WR’s man to man.

From a quick Google search:

View attachment 64949
I guess I can see that being one point of view, but zone also eliminates the potential for pick plays and defenders running into each other. It's also extremely difficult to defend a WR one on one in the open field. Cooper is a solid CB and he simply couldn't cover the crossers (nobody really could) in man. If the curl and flat defenders in zone get to their landmarks and have good field vision/awareness, the crossing stuff is usually able to be defended. This my non-expert experience of course.

I saw the frosh center about 3-4 yds in the backfield at least a few times....no bueno for the running game.
Or their DT just went right past him. Our guards played badly too. Washington really struggled run blocking as well. All in all it was really bad day for the Oline and I'm thinking that Van Wells will improve things across the board.
Hopefully McCaskill is ready to go because a bigger back would have been able to push those 1-2 yard carries into 3-4 even with our struggles at the LOS.

Or their DT just went right past him. Our guards played badly too. Washington really struggled run blocking as well. All in all it was really bad day for the Oline and I'm thinking that Van Wells will improve things across the board.
Hopefully McCaskill is ready to go because a bigger back would have been able to push those 1-2 yard carries into 3-4 even with our struggles at the LOS.
Said it before but I'll say it again. If Tyler Brown was eligible we'd have two more wins at the end of the season.

Said it before but I'll say it again. If Tyler Brown was eligible we'd have two more wins at the end of the season.
If we keep struggling so much in the run game then you might be right.

Only bright side is that Tyler seems like a young man who will use what happened as motivation and lay waste to some fools next year.

Anyone with an Athletic sub?

This feels like a job that Matt Campbell would be perfect for, but I think his star has fallen all the way back to earth.
He only makes $4 Million, and not sure Iowa State would fight that hard to keep him, if MSU gave him $6.5 million, he would go

Anyone with an Athletic sub?

Sean Lewis, Colorado, offensive coordinator

The top candidate from the assistant ranks I think will be Lewis. He has head coaching experience from his time at Kent State, where he did a really good job at a tough place to have any sustained success, going 18-10 in the MAC in his last four seasons. He led Kent State to its first bowl win before leaving this off-season to become Deion Sanders OC at Colorado.

The top candidate from the assistant ranks I think will be Lewis. He has head coaching experience from his time at Kent State, where he did a really good job at a tough place to have any sustained success, going 18-10 in the MAC in his last four seasons. He led Kent State to its first bowl win before leaving this off-season to become Deion Sanders OC at Colorado.
MSU can **** right off.

Did they learn nothing from the last coach they acquired from CU?

With Prime I have no worries about losing coaches. It's going to happen a lot. I'd also say most of the time Prime will replace them with an upgrade or at least equal.

Washington was 3 yards in the backfield on both of the goal line rushing attempts. His man made the tackle both times

If I remember right there was a toss play that was ran during the TCU game, that went for a TD or a sizable gain? Where have those types of plays gone too? You’d think that something that fast developing would help catch a defense on their heels? It’d be all about trusting whomever was going out to seal the edge though.

If I remember right there was a toss play that was ran during the TCU game, that went for a TD or a sizable gain? Where have those types of plays gone too? You’d think that something that fast developing would help catch a defense on their heels? It’d be all about trusting whomever was going out to seal the edge though.
That play is in my head too, toss plays, short options, last night there was a play that had the RB on the QB's left side, it was going to be a sweep right, but the RB got the ball and the play intentionally changed directions and it had a nice gain.

:48 second mark

Watch as much Kent State film and our first three games as you want and 80% of the time, you will see a 1 back shotgun RPO draw run where it is technically all up to the Center, Guards, and RB to make yardage. So vanilla, wish our local reporters could ask better questions.

He redeemed himself with that play call.

I HATED the call on 3 and goal at the 2 to begin the fourth (where they put in the Rick Ross package).
What is "Rick Ross Package." I don't even know who Rick Ross is (if it is a person).

From watching Lloyd Cushenberry **** things up with the Broncos - an inexperienced, over his head center can make competent guards look incompetent because they're having to try to cover for him.

Back