What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

September 24 - Colorado @ The Ohio State - GAME THREAD

When will we win a road game?

• Stanford

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Washington

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Arizona st

• UCLA

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Utah

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 20 32.3%

• 2014 +

• Never

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
This was the first week when it didn't really seem like the team showed improvement; hopefully an aberration. It's unfortunate though, because a strong performance really could have done wonders for the program with a national audience, especially for recruits.

1-3 on brick games? Next week a brick for the first victory in teh Embree regime vs an opponent with a W in their name

I agree, to a degree. But lots of programs have dug themselves out of bigger holes

????

We were in a hole when Hawkins started digging. Regardless, I can't think of anyone who was able to turn a program with Iowa State level talent around in 4 weeks.

What you are forgetting is these guys are Danny's recruits, and he taught them how to lose.

Excuses will not be tolerated here, danny is gone but the team plays the same. 1-3 and hawaii and cal aren't better than last year and ohio state isn't even close.

Lose,lose,lose,lose,lose,lose,lose,lose,lose blah,blah,blah...

I know that everybody is frustrated, I am too. But if ANYBODY, I mean ANYBODY is about to turn on the staff right now, they sure as hell add to the stereotype that Colorado has poor fans that don't know **** about football. I know we have better fans and I know some of you are better than you're acting now.

IDK yet if this staff has what it takes, but this game reiterates to me we have at least 2 years of mediocrity left:bang:

Mediocrity?

I'd be thrilled with mediocrity at this point. Mediocrity would be a serious improvement.

Another Micky mouse performance from the team and staff. What a ****jng embarrassment. I'm soo glad j went fishing today.

I just don't know how we will pull out of this tailspin.

What you are forgetting is these guys are Danny's recruits, and he taught them how to lose.
You say this because this is what you WANT to believe. I want to believe it too, but today was a big dose of reality.

We have to be honest here. Our overall talent level is not where we need it to be. It is going to be a long process. But i do like the early signs. Tony Jones is looking the part. We have freshmen like Henderson and Mccolugh stepping up. Our staff are very good recruiters and good talent evaluaters. But for this season, we got to change the culture,Embree must limit the mental mistakes and get the players to play with a winning attitude. Can't make the stupid mistakes we made today and expect to beat Ohio State.

Last edited:
Can't really judge Embree this year, most of the guys playing are hawkins players. It will take atleast 2 years to rid CU of the Hawkins stench.

It would be nice to just drop the ****ing excuses. They are Buffs. They are the players we have now. If the coaches want better players they have to go get them.

3-10 is where I remain. Maybe 2-11.
I'm still holding out for two potential wins out of Wazzou, UCLA, Arizona.
ASU in Tempe now looks out of reach. I'll add them to the same long shot category as the rest of the others.

Given that low, low expectation, I'm through with Hansen. Tyler was given every chance by this coaching staff to proove himself as a B12 QB, including an early bid of confidence when he was named an uncontested #1 in spring camp. To his credit, he has been able to limit interceptions, but unfortunately he has made a habit of creating lots of third-and-long situations. He is not sharp in the fitst quarter. He is not converting on third down. He is making bad throws. He's not providing that competitive spark and on-field leadership that is needed to rally the offense on the road. I'm not seeing much more upside for Tyler over the next 9 games. I suspect that Embree might not bench one of the team captains for anything short of injury.

But it's time to usher in the new era at QB. There is no better time to do that than against Wazzou at home. On the road at Wash or Stanford is too late, IMO.

I don't even know what to say about special teams without the urge to vomit. Ok. Will Oliver is dependable and perfect on PAT and FG. But every other facet of ST play...kicking, blocking, tackeling and returning...grades a perfect BARF! It's hard to watch because it's simply embarrassing. JD Brookhart grades an F minus for this game. Fail and bring a bucket of sawdust. Eric Bieneme needs to call out JD into a little one-on-one for a some of his signature F-bomb therapy, delivered in the grill, with passion and spittle. Then it's Embree's turn. Fix those mistakes on special teams, or else. That's 100 percent on the coaches.

Embarassing losses are unacceptable. This one is a stinker.

It would be nice to just drop the ****ing excuses. They are Buffs. They are the players we have now. If the coaches want better players they have to go get them.

This may be a surprise to you, but they can't just "go get them" more than once a year, and in general they can only get 17 and 18 year old kids at that time. Also, this staff has had only one chance to "go get them" and that chance started after a full season of their predecessors treating recruiting like their annual proctological exam and postponing it as long as possible.

Saying that there are still things to fix after the fourth game of a new regime is completely valid. There's shared blame for things. Even though I would hope the coach wouldn't play this card, it's ok for fans and beat writers to do so.

It's not the same thing as when a coach in his 4th or 5th year is blaming the previous regime. It's not right to compare it to that.

Saying that there are still things to fix after the fourth game of a new regime is completely valid. There's shared blame for things. Even though I would hope the coach wouldn't play this card, it's ok for fans and beat writers to do so.

It's not the same thing as when a coach in his 4th or 5th year is blaming the previous regime. It's not right to compare it to that.

Agree. And please....get rid of that ****ing signature.

Back