What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Serious Suggestion: Let's adopt another team

It's hard to be a fan because I don't have any ties to the University. I can respect the University or the coaching staff or <insert reason>, but when the team loses I don't take it hard nor do I get upset. Entertainment != being a fan.

I'm a Texas grad, so that's obviously my team, but I have a number of fairly significant ties to CU. I also have loose ties to some of the other schools on my list. For example, I have a ton of good friends that went to USC. I've worked for SC guys and I lived in LA and went to a number of SC games. I even kicked around getting an MBA from USC. For me, that's a rooting interest. I'll be pulling for SC when they play ND and I'll be kind of bummed if SC loses.

I'm a Texas grad, so that's obviously my team, but I have a number of fairly significant ties to CU. I also have loose ties to some of the other schools on my list. For example, I have a ton of good friends that went to USC. I've worked for SC guys and I lived in LA and went to a number of SC games. I even kicked around getting an MBA from USC. For me, that's a rooting interest. I'll be pulling for SC when they play ND and I'll be kind of bummed if SC loses.
You obviously don't take your Texas football serious enough.

Purdue - Dad was an alum, hmmm, not much better than the Buffs.

Hunter College - Mom's alma mater, no CFB, but the Hawks did outlast the Yeshiva Maccabees in hoops!!

You may actually be right. I still hate you arrogant ****sticks. BTW, Austin is a great town. It is on my list for retirement.

Austin is a great town? People keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true.

Austin might have been a great town some time ago. But its been completely choked by sprawl and polluted with California transplants and Texas politicians, many holding Baylor law degrees.

Austin is home to eight Walmart supercenters, fifteen Dollar General stores, thirty eight McDonalds, and 40 acres of campus mainly covered in concrete.

The I-35 double decker is constantly congested, as is MoPac.

Sure Ziegler park, Barton Springs, 6th street and the Oasis deck up towards lake Travis are solid entertainment options. The SxSW festival gives people a reason to hear some bands.

But Austin doesn't have a monopoly on parks, bars, music and swimming holes.

I'd prioritize a visit to New Orleans, Boston, the SF Bay, Miami, San Diego, Portland, NYC, DC, Chicago, Portland, Seattle, and dozens of resort communities over Austin. Each have music scenes, bar scenes, waterfronts, architecture and history that kicks Austin squarely in the nuts.

Paris, Rome, London, Sydney, Singapore, and Tokyo are great towns. Austin is an okay town with a few things going for it. But it is not a great town.

For retirement purposes, Fredricksburg, tucked up in the Hill Country is better than Austin.

Boybuff, no one seriously wants to ban you for rooting for another team. I suggest a compromise: how about banning you from starting threads?

Boybuff, no one seriously wants to ban you for rooting for another team. I suggest a compromise: how about banning you from starting threads?
Some of my threads have been pretty popular-you sure you can live without them :lol:

If I'm forced to adopt another team (which I can't really do), I would want it to be an excellent team that is fun to watch. That leaves out the sec.

Oregon, I guess.

I've been working on trying to warm up to USC. For all intensive purposes, I should be a USC fan. I'm from socal, I have plenty of friends that are USC fans, but I just can't quite do it. I don't like their uniforms, I don't like their cheating, I don't like their inherant advantages, and I really don't like their coach.

clempson, you fools!

its CU... clempson university. its an animal. they invest in the program. students don't show up early. very nice campus. no red, scarlet, crimson or any other shade of red.

like you have anything better to do....

:smile2:

EWU. There field is ****ing red. Any other reason doesn't matter.

EWU. There field is ****ing red. Any other reason doesn't matter.
That makes a few votes for Eastern Washington and your rational is the most logical and reasoned, so I'm sold. GO EWU. Now I just need to figure out what their mascot is and when they play next.

That makes a few votes for Eastern Washington and your rational is the most logical and reasoned, so I'm sold. GO EWU. Now I just need to figure out what their mascot is and when they play next.

Their mascot is Swoop...a bird :thumbsup:They're a cute team to root for. They never gave up either...

[video]http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6586375&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;sho w_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;ful lscreen=1[/video]

Purdue - Dad was an alum, hmmm, not much better than the Buffs.

Hunter College - Mom's alma mater, no CFB, but the Hawks did outlast the Yeshiva Maccabees in hoops!!

That doesnt touch my gold medal in soccer at the 2012 Maccabi Soccer Tournament!

A board with 5,000 tinis cheering on teams that happen to be doing well? Uh, no thanks.

Lived and breathed UVA athletics for years. However, I'll be sticking with CU as I've done since the second I got my acceptance letter years ago. I'm either succeeding or going down with the ship. **** bandwagoners.

Back