What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Storming the Field

Do you like field storming?

• Total voters
I don't look at it as "storming" at CU these last 2 weeks. It feels more to me like an excited student section wanting to celebrate a victory with the players, who have been waiving them down to do so. There'd be a different feeling to it if we knocked off UGA or something.

Last edited:
Storming the field every time you win a home game is bush and a dumb look. It takes the relevance and gravitas out of the act.
Let them rush the field and have fun. When prime leaves in 2 years and cu is back to winning 2-3 Games a year, they won't have the energy. Let them enjoy it while it lasts.

• Unlike
Reactions: DBT
I don't think they're waking up "this morning".
My Junior son's itinerary:
  • Partied on campus all day, helped students without tickets sneak in to Folsom.
  • Unapologetically stormed the field. "Last week was great, but this week felt more intense at the game--it meant more to the students."
  • Partied until 3 AM, puked, passed out for a couple hours.
  • Got up at 7 AM, worked a morning shift at his job.
  • Met with study group at 1 PM to work on class projects the rest of the afternoon. Says "I'll sleep next week."
I sometimes forget this kind of manic insanity that was just par for the course back in the day. Ah, youth.

• Partied on campus all day, helped students without tickets sneak in to Folsom.
  • Unapologetically stormed the field. "Last week was great, but this week felt more intense at the game--it meant more to the students."
  • Met with study group at 1 PM to work on class projects the rest of the afternoon. Says "I'll sleep next week."
I sometimes forget this kind of manic insanity that was just par for the course back in the day. Ah, youth.
Thank him for being a true American hero.

At 35 years of age, that schedule gives me anxiety at

This is why every job should provide sick time.

Sykobuff looking for attention.

sassy talk show the game show GIF by truTV

Should never storm the field after beating csu regardless of how the game was won....
csu isn't our rival...they've never played for a natty.

Kids get to do what they want. We threw marshmallows. It hurt no one. They took that away and it started a curse.
I threw marshmellows filled with nails. And frozen oranges. And the occassional frozen Power Bar promotionally gifted to us as we enetered the stadium. Particularly for the NU game. Because they threw piss bombs at Ralphie 1

Last edited:
posted previously, rushing the field is fine.... after the damn game. unacceptable to do so while there's time on the clock

I think this is a legitimate concern. I have not heard of any reports of player/coach safety issues from this week or last week.
I've noticed those big security guys around Prime..no one gets close to him that he doesn't allow. I've noticed to that after he does an interview with the broadcaster he stops and gives an interview to someone else but I don't know who it is.

I've noticed those big security guys around Prime..no one gets close to him that he doesn't allow. I've noticed to that after he does an interview with the broadcaster he stops and gives an interview to someone else but I don't know who it is.
Uncle Neely

Even in bad years storming the field has been a thing for students for decades at this point. The design of the stadium combined with the excitement around the program led to it against the Rams. If the administration isn’t going to take steps to prevent it, you may as well make it part of the tradition for home games.

Back