What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

That was a "WTF" game

I felt confident after we tied it up.

In the first half, I was not comfortable at all.

We have lost a lot of games like this over the past 10 years, so I don't blame anyone for being a little gunshy.

I'm sure it's been noted in other threads, but that is still the largest margin of victory over UCLA this season. Feel as though we should have beaten them by 21.

Well, let's see - we gave them great field position with turnovers and penalties early, we gave up a chance at points with a turnover, we had a FGA blocked (but then again they missed 2 and had another blocked), gave up a long TD with an uncharacteristically bad blown coverage, and generally played like **** on offense for 90% of the game, yet still beat them by 10.

So I can see why you feel that way.

It's always hard to criticize play calling but this was the first time in a while I had so many wtf moments. Sefo hasn't been accurate for two games now and missed a ton of throws but the coaches are begging for him to get hurt again. Why in gods name did we run him out of an empty backfield while trying to milk clock with 3 minutes left?

Ugly and kind of embarrassing with the stupid penalties on both sides and the marshmellows.

But the team won so f it. Not like that debacle back in 05.

I think special teams won the game. (Insert head explosion gif here). That is after the d made sure we would not loose. Bizarro world for sure.

And I think I saw a marshmallow filled nail on the field!!

Horrific officiating, Sefo not so good, defense stellar and special teams quite good (other than the ugly blocked FG). The game was seemingly endless with no flow at all. I guess the downside of being good again will be getting used to national games with ungodly commercial breaks. Still a W is a W is a W.

A CSU grad buddy of mine (who actually likes CU) texted me about the marshmallows.

I just said, there better be nails in them!

If cu would just stop with thecawful red zone play, especially first and goal, games would look better.

They'll get the offense and confidence back vs cats.

The fumble at the goal line and the personal foul at the goal line were just two instances and should have been an extra 11 points.

Yea that was ugly as hell. That is 2 in a row. I was wondering the whole game why Sefo was playing more like the starting RB instead of QB. Did he have more attempts than Lindsay ? Same play calling over and over with the same result. UCLA couldn't even snap the ball. I was expecting 30-7 at the end of the first half. Can't play like this again the rest of the season. Better beat Arizona by at least 30.

Red zone issues, feel like I am watching college version of Denver Broncos. Sefo doesn't look right I wonder if he's hurt again. Disappointed but not surprised coming off bye week team was a bit flat. Ucla has a decent defense. Still a win is a win no matter how you get it. We were all yelling at Oliver to fair catch that last punt, glad he didn't! :)

I think special teams won the game. (Insert head explosion gif here). That is after the d made sure we would not loose. Bizarro world for sure.

And I think I saw a marshmallow filled nail on the field!!

A CSU grad buddy of mine (who actually likes CU) texted me about the marshmallows.

I just said, there better be nails in them!

The return of the marshmallows? That is a good omen.

They beat a team that many preseason thought would be a play off team. Every kid on UCLA was a highly rated recruit and thinks they are better than CU.
4 turn overs and we still beat them by 10. Lots for coaches to correct and a long week to do it.

We held a team with alot of talented guys to a season low score.

Last edited:
Red zone issues, feel like I am watching college version of Denver Broncos. Sefo doesn't look right I wonder if he's hurt again. Disappointed but not surprised coming off bye week team was a bit flat. Ucla has a decent defense. Still a win is a win no matter how you get it. We were all yelling at Oliver to fair catch that last punt, glad he didn't! :)
I was yelling the same dam thing....just fair catch the ball oliver, don't fumble it just catch the ball.......then I instantly regretted yelling that, glad he didn't listen to me.

Kind of an ugly look in front of a national audience.

CU's "character" was on display with abundant personal fouls. Carroll and Moeller penalties uncovered a lack of discipline. MacIntyre was called out by the announcers for his emotional rollercoaster that included yelling at refs and chewing out players.

It's hard to count how many times the TV audience heard the crowd screaming "Bull Sh!t" after each flag and f*** 'em up, f*** 'em up" Go CU. The marshmallows and ice thrown on the field delayed the game and conjured memories of unruly CU fans of yore.

I'm not sure CU won over many people who were watching the Buffs for the first time. It wouldn't surprise me if the next three opponents would consider the team both "overrated" and "dirty" based on last night's performance. There is no question that the character of CU's fans will be discussed by our neighbors to the NE.

For those of us with access to the P12, we have not seen the Buffs play that ugly in prior games. This game had a different feel.

Yes, we got the "W" and that's all that matters to Buffs fans. Yes, 7-2 and in control of the P12 South is something few of us were expecting back in August. This is a magical season.

But for those rediscovering the Buffs for the first time in a decade, few are going to come away with the impression the Buffs are a legit top 20 team that deserves to contend for the P12 title.

Lots to clean up over the remainder of the season. Sure hope the next three look a lot more like the Oregon State and Arizona State blow outs. Swagger is more fun with a potent balanced team effort that isn't constantly shooting itself in the foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back