What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all in one "Lets talk Nebraska thread"

The all in one "We Hate Nebraska Thread"

the plane was on the tarmac, Nutt was on the way...oops, Houston Nutt used Pedey like the neighbor's rented mule and leveraged the Corn into a big ole extension and raise from Frank "No I'm not 100 yet" Broyles. Will Nutt go for the second offer from Cornland? Reports out of Arky seem to indicate Nutt will be shown the barndoor. Could a second Boise St. coach be headed for the Big 12 Norte?

Re: It's never to early to ask....will NU finally get it's Nutt?...

Leads me to a question of my own ... who do you not want to take over from Cally when he gets fired? Realistic candidates only, please.

Leads me to a question of my own ... who do you not want to take over from Cally when he gets fired? Realistic candidates only, please.

Good question.

Jim Grobe at Wake.

Jimbo Fisher at FSU.

Chan Gailey at GT (who will probably be let go also).

Re: Until Next Season Boys

Actually as much as the truth hurts, with the talent that Cally has brought in, I think the skers could bounce back fast (similar to OU after they hired Stoops) if they find the right guy right off the bat.

KEEP CALLY KEEP CALLY!!!

Actually as much as the truth hurts, with the talent that Cally has brought in, I think the skers could bounce back fast (similar to OU after they hired Stoops) if they find the right guy right off the bat.

KEEP CALLY KEEP CALLY!!!

That's possible but remember that Neu recruited top 10 classes in Boulder as well as UW and somehow left the cupboard bare for his successors in both locations. Recruiting tallent is not the same as retaining or developing it. I don't follow Nebraska well enough to tell which is happening here but I can always hope.

It's almost bad enough that I feel sorry for them..... nah, let the implosion continue.

The guy at South Florida

Ron Prince [although I bet he goes to the Not For Long league within 2-3 years].

press conf at 2:15 central. harvey perlman

NU has change coming. has a statement to release. Pederson has been quoted with an official "no comment". Last week a lead fund raiser resigned his position, now he may be coming back as AD.

That's possible but remember that Neu recruited top 10 classes in Boulder as well as UW and somehow left the cupboard bare for his successors in both locations. Recruiting tallent is not the same as retaining or developing it. I don't follow Nebraska well enough to tell which is happening here but I can always hope.

It's almost bad enough that I feel sorry for them..... nah, let the implosion continue.

Remember that most of the 2001 team that came within a interception away from playing for the national championship was mostly Neu's recruits. Gurode, Rogers, Graham, Lewis, Strickland.

Re: The all in one "We Hate Nebraska Thread"

Please do not hire Gary Barnett. I fear him. (2005, 2004, 2002, etc etc etc..)

Re: press conf at 2:15 central. harvey perlman

NU has change coming. has a statement to release. Pederson has been quoted with an official "no comment". Last week a lead fund raiser resigned his position, now he may be coming back as AD.

Is there truly a chance Pederson gets fired during the season?

Is there truly a chance Pederson gets fired during the season?

Why not? It's beneficial to do it sooner rather than later. Let's the new AD start gathering names for the new coach.

One more thing......where in the holy hell would kNU come up with 40 mill to buyout the staff and payoff the debt? Is Warren Buffet that big of a holer fan?

One more thing......where in the holy hell would kNU come up with 40 mill to buyout the staff and payoff the debt? Is Warren Buffet that big of a holer fan?

He could be, but he's not that stupid. He's an investor, which means he wants something in return for his money - preferably MORE money.

I have a hard time believing they came up with $40MM in a weekend. :wow:

Just thought I'd share. Rumor has it that Coz will be fired this week. Not so stunning. However, apparently Pederson and Callahan will both be bought out and shown the door. The boosters have already put the money for this in the bank. Hard to believe but not so hard to believe.

Perlman is being told if he doesn't go along with it than he's done too. That part is hard for me buy.

You owe me rep if this is true.... :cool:

You all owe me REP for bringing this story to you ahead of the media! :smile2:

its a done deal. SP is out!!!! Thank God above!! press conf at 4 central. speculation is TO as interim.

He could be, but he's not that stupid. He's an investor, which means he wants something in return for his money - preferably MORE money.

I have a hard time believing they came up with $40MM in a weekend. :wow:

all it takes is one guy, and they have one pissed off guy that owns part of the D-bags, that might be your solution.

Re: Steve Pederson fired...

per 1620 am.

LINCOLN, Neb. -- KETV Newswatch 7 has just learned that athletic director Steve Pederson entered UNL Chancellor Harvey Pearlman's office just before 1:30 p.m. at the University of Nebraska.

There's no word on what the two are talking about. But Pederson has come under fire recently after the Huskers' two consecutive blow out losses.

The meeting lasted five to seven minutes. Afterward Pederson walked out and when asked by reporters what happened simple said, "No comment."

We have a crew on campus and we'll have more on this story as it develops.

Press release at 2:15, Press Conference at 4:00PM

Well then Cally is the next to go. They had to get rid of Peterson first before they could fire Cally. As Peterson was Cally's boss and showed no inclination to fire him.

Cally might be gone before their next game. Too bad. I was starting to like the guy.

Well then Cally is the next to go. They had to get rid of Peterson first before they could fire Cally. As Peterson was Cally's boss and showed no inclination to fire him.

Cally might be gone before their next game. Too bad. I was starting to like the guy.

Yep, buh bye. Good news in my book.

So does this firing mean that the fuskers will play better on Sat???:confused: Same crappy coaching staff, same batch of under achieving players.

Dammit. This is horrible, horrible news.

Back