What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The makeup game

I say scrap the idea and let these guys just practice with each other on Saturday the 19th. Save the embarrassment of getting beat and letting some no name QB from some no name school set records on our turf and on our dime.
Not to mention our all American receiver being shut down in single coverage by some no name DB.

I say scrap the idea and let these guys just practice with each other on Saturday the 19th. Save the embarrassment of getting beat and letting some no name QB from some no name school set records on our turf and on our dime.
Not to mention our all American receiver being shut down in single coverage by some no name DB.

I'm glad you would rather lose $4.5MM (from a AD that already has debts) by not playing a FCS team that weekend. You REALLY need to step back from the ledge.

Without a makeup game I doubt the Buffs will post 4 w's. Possible, but not likely. I had set the bar at 3-4 w's, and that is probably where it should stay. If there is no makeup game, you would have to find 2 w's against: the no hope crew, Oregon, UCLA, ASU, UW; the not bloody likely crew, U$C, and the if CU has a great day, maybe crew, Arizona, Utah and Cal. It's hard to know how good Arizona is at this point, but Utah looked better against a common opponent. I have a hard time finding two w's. Maybe they can, I hope so, and things change over a season, but OSU was a very middle of the pack P12 opponent...and they kicked the buffs' ass.

I agree with you - my original prediction was to go 2-0 and then 0-10. The only thing that would change that in my mind would be changing the Fresno St game into a winnable game.

exactly the point I was trying to make.
seems as though they are pretty good about giving us the amount of these huge paychecks being issued out. Rick George?

Yep, they were putting out press releases about those "huge paychecks" while still negotiating the contracts. That's exactly how it works..... :rolling_eyes:

We can beat Cal and Arizona. Utah probably the next game that we would have a small chance of winning.

Still 5-7 is better than 4-8.

We beat California and win the make-up game if it is against SDSU or Div 1-AA IMO

4-8
sdsu almost beat osu...should have if it wasn't for a bad pass from a freshman QB late in the game. You know what CU tends to do with those freshmen QB's? That's right, records are broken.

sdsu almost beat osu...should have if it wasn't for a bad pass from a freshman QB late in the game. You know what CU tends to do with those freshmen QB's? That's right, records are broken.
It was also a road game for OSU, which for some reason you really over look or just completely disregard.

I like CU's chances in Boulder against them....CU played OSU tough in the first half coming off 3 week lay off and things fell apart in 2nd half....I am not gonna overreact here.

BuffUp is having a 'sitting on the dirty linoleum floor, drinking cheap whiskey' kind of a day.
Thanks for noticing, but that was Sunday... now I am in full reality mode and really bummed about it. I did not expect to go for more then 4 or 5 wins. I am just truly disappointed in how our players stack up against the competition position to position. Even when they are the same size and weight with about the same 40 times. The competition always seems to "make the play" while our Buffs tend to stumble all over themselves. Realistic is what I am.

Buffs are playing charleston southern
Interesting. I was doing some poking around and found that Georgia Southern:
1) Only plays an 11 game slate this year
2) Not eligible for post-season play
3) Open on Oct 19th

Charleston Southern is:
1) Is 5-0
2) Plays a 12 game slate
3) I assume they are eligible for the post-season, since it didn't say otherwise
4) Is also open Oct 19th

Back