What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Mayor's Journey To Election Day

When you can afford 6 figures for a car, you stop paying attention to sticker and just buy what you want. Tesla is the Prius of the wealthy.
It's also fast as **** and handles better than almost anything. It's a ****ing badass car with a small gas tank :lol:

When you can afford 6 figures for a car, you stop paying attention to sticker and just buy what you want. Tesla is the Prius of the wealthy.

Tesla though.... You know, the more I think about it the more I think Spencer is trolling. He's extremely bright and enjoys playing wih social media.

Vintage CU luck. Dinwiddie has a season ending injury when CU is ranked 15th in the nation, which ruins what would have been a special 2013-2014 season. Now, after a torn ACL, he will leave to likely be a second pick in the NBA Draft (with no guaranteed $$$) and eliminate the 2014-2015 season as a possible special season for CU. Maybe to top it off, he will get cut and end-up spending his career in Europe (though I certainly hope this is not the case). CU's programs are truly jinxed from being highly successful. Just one more data point.

You should try some miracle berries. They'll make those sour grapes super sweet!

There are Tesla's all over the place out here in the South Bay. See at least a couple every day. Absolutely love the look and can't wait to drive one some day. Bad ass car. Gas prices piss me off on principal right now.

From phone

I don't "blame" Spencer for leaving, it's a free country he can do what he wants. I appreciate the contributions he made over two and a half years here and wish he returned for his final season. That being said I don't see why everyone feels the need to be so gracious towards him, he did after all just abandon us. He made a selfish choice that came at the expense of a lot of other people, notably his teammates, and arguably wasn't even in his own best interest. It's ok to call it like it is. Very good chance he ends up with the likes of the Fort Wayne Mad Ants or the Rio Grande Valley Vipers next year. If your girlfriend leaves you for the Pizza delivery guy your not calling her and thanking her for all the good times.

I don't "blame" Spencer for leaving, it's a free country he can do what he wants. I appreciate the contributions he made over two and a half years here and wish he returned for his final season. That being said I don't see why everyone feels the need to be so gracious towards him, he did after all just abandon us. He made a selfish choice that came at the expense of a lot of other people, notably his teammates, and arguably wasn't even in his own best interest. It's ok to call it like it is. Very good chance he ends up with the likes of the Fort Wayne Mad Ants or the Rio Grande Valley Vipers next year. If your girlfriend leaves you for the Pizza delivery guy your not calling her and thanking her for all the good times.

Goose gets to use his birthday ban stick!!!!!

Every player the program puts in the NBA helps elevate CU basketball. Not only do we love Spencer, but we also take the long view while acknowledging that we never saw this as more than a 3-year relationship in the first place.

Thank you for allowing me to distribute my first neg rep!

JRK needs to realize the following:

A) Spencer isn't his girlfriend;and
B) The NBA isn't the pizza delivery guy.

Or maybe he should just stay away from analogies for a while.

Spencer talked a big game after declaring about how great CU was, but actions speak much louder then words. Frank Kaminsky from Wisconsin (who would have been drafted higher then Spencer) describes his decision to return to school below. I would suggests that anyone of the mindset that a player needs to leave school early if they're good enough to be drafted read this:

Next, my teammates have become my family away from home. Admittedly, a dysfunctional family at times, but a family nonetheless. I have become extremely close with almost every player on the team. If I am ever lucky enough to find a potential wife, I am sure I met who would be my best man at the wedding, my roommate Jordan Smith.

Last but not least, I am 100% positive we are going to have a great team next year. We lose only one player from a team that made it to a Final Four, and everyone will have another year of experience. I've said this before, and I will say it again. I hate losing, so much to the point where I am willing to do anything to win. I don't care if I average 2 points a game. As long as we are winning I am fine with it. Winning trophies and rings has always been more appealing to me than any individual award. I haven't won enough in college to call it a career. Yea, we made it to the final four, but that doesn't mean we won something. It's a great accomplishment and few get to achieve it, but it isn't winning it all. With the pieces we have returning, I believe we can win the Big Ten, and even win the whole damn thing.

I am going to be honest, I absolutely love college. Call me Joe College if you please. I sat down and thought about it for a long time, and I kept coming back to the same exact point. I don't think I would be able to live with the regret of skipping my last year of college to be a potential D-League player or end up in Europe. I have no doubt in my mind that I would have been drafted. I believe that one day I will be put on an NBA roster, but that doesn't happen right away for most people. Especially for a 7 foot white kid with average athleticism.

The NBA can wait. The NBA isn't going anywhere, so neither am I. I know my benefits of coming back to school just as well as I know my risks. But in this case, the benefits outweigh the risks. I made a commitment to the University of Wisconsin, and they made a commitment to me. Who would have thought that I would be in this position at the end of last season? If any, they wouldn't have been willing to bet on that. If you know anything about me, you would know that I pride myself on being loyal. I will always be loyal to anyone or anything that I care about, and I care about this school and this basketball team. They have become part of my identity and who I am.

To wrap things up... I want to say that I love this place. I am exactly where I need to be. The University of Wisconsin has provided me with an opportunity to be the best I can be. So why not provide the University of Wisconsin with the best basketball team that has stepped foot on this campus?

Yawn.

If you're good enough, go get paid. Period. Good for Kaminsky, but IMO he made the wrong choice. Luckily for him, it's his choice, so he can do what he wants.

Spencer talked a big game after declaring about how great CU was, but actions speak much louder then words. Frank Kaminsky from Wisconsin (who would have been drafted higher then Spencer) describes his decision to return to school below. I would suggests that anyone of the mindset that a player needs to leave school early if they're good enough to be drafted read this:

So now you don't like Spencer?

Be thankful he didn't leave after his sophomore year.

Whatever, man.

It's an individual decision. I supported Spencer either way.

So now you don't like Spencer?

Be thankful he didn't leave after his sophomore year.

Whatever, man.

It's an individual decision. I supported Spencer either way.

I support Spencer too, I hope he gets drafted as high as possible, but I don't feel the need to get on my hands and knees and thank him for what he's done here or declare that he made the right choice, particularly after he's just turned his back on the university, again very possibly in favor of the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. Let's call a duck a duck. His decision was about selfishness (and even still arguably the wrong one) while Kaminsky's decision was about loyalty.

I support Spencer too, I hope he gets drafted as high as possible, but I don't feel the need to get on my hands and knees and thank him for what he's done here or declare that he made the right choice, particularly after he's just turned his back on the university, again very possibly in favor of the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. Let's call a duck a duck. His decision was about selfishness (and even still arguably the wrong one) while Kaminsky's decision was about loyalty.

Yes. Let's call a duck a duck. You're being a selfish ass and are ripping Spencer down because he chose to pursue his dreams instead of putting them on hold to entertain you for another year for free. Spencer is worthy of nothing but our support. You, on the other hand, need to re-evaluate your outlook on these things. We're college sports fans. Our stars grow up and move on. It's part of the deal. And you don't seem to get it.

Your posts today...

dick+move.jpg

Spencer, who actually reads this site, has been overwhelmed by the powerful demonstration of love, support, and good wishes that the vast majority of posters on this site have extended to him. There is no question that he has given CU everything that he had to give over the past three years (including his left ACL); while working hard to assist in raising the national profile of Colorado basketball, and he has done that. When he came back for his junior year in pursuit of a special season with Coach Boyle and his team, he set his professional goals aside for the good of the team and the University. By doing so, he made the ultimate unselfish sacrifice with his return, given where the team was when he went down (14 wins, 2 losses and ranked as a Top 15 team in the country). For anyone to form their mouth to call him selfish because he made the decision that he felt was best for his life; is short sighted, ignorant, and (dare I say - SELFISH). Spencer has big dreams to play at the next level; just like most of the Division I MBB players in this country. But unlike many of the others, Spencer has the talent, the drive, the brains and the savvy to be successful in the NBA. And for the record, to compare Spencer's decision to Kaminsky's decision is pure folly. Kaminsky had a great post season, but his decision to go back to school for his senior year to solidify his standing, and thereby increase his draft potential, is his decision to make. And don't fool yourself - increasing his draft stock was part of his decision; it was not just the fact that he loves the college experience. No one knew about him when the regular season began, or when it ended. We do now because of his post season play, so kudos to him! However, Spencer burst onto the scene during his freshman year and maintained his upward trajectory up to the point of his injury. And in spite of his injury, he remains in the conversation today. Spencer's body of work is solid enough that it will take him to the next level this year, and that is just one more good sign for the CU MBB program. Selfish? Spencer? In relation to CU MBB? Utterly, absolutely and completely ridiculous. Good luck in the NBA, Spencer!! There are a lot of proud Buffs just waiting to hear your name called on draft night.

Last edited:
Spencer made the right move. Would I have selfishly enjoyed 2014-15 with Spencer? ****? Are you kidding?!? I would have loved it! It doesn't change the fact that he was a great Buff and I will now root for him in the NBA.

Don't worry, JRK is a horrible troll. Also, do you have verification that I'm Spencer's favorite poster?:nod:

Yawn.

If you're good enough, go get paid. Period. Good for Kaminsky, but IMO he made the wrong choice. Luckily for him, it's his choice, so he can do what he wants.

Agreed I hope he or some other critical part of their team doesnt get injured in the coming year and torpedo the whole thing. When you can you get paid. I wish Spencer nothing but the best, although if we could get one more press conf. out of him i wouldn't complain.

Back