What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Mayor's Journey To Election Day

RHJ and McConnell are pretty underrated on D too. They're still going to be fierce, but not the Giant Death Robot that Rumblin' referred to them as.

And Ryan Anderson has Ua on his short list of visits (with Iowa State and Indiana). I don't see him going there, but still- that's frightening.

Elfrid Payton, Napier, Andrew Harrison, Semaj Christon, and I think there is a Euro who is fairly highly thought of who would probably all go before him.

I said if the Harrison twins return. Christon? Payton? Both are terrible shooters from 3 and from the stripe. Dinwiddie is far bigger, and better at key PG traits--getting to the line, shooting, and minimizing TOs. Napier is the only legit PG you could put ahead of Dinwiddie at this point after top 15 picks (assuming exum, smart, and ennis are top 15)

I said if the Harrison twins return. Christon? Payton? Both are terrible shooters from 3 and from the stripe. Dinwiddie is far bigger, and better at key PG traits--getting to the line, shooting, and minimizing TOs. Napier is the only legit PG you could put ahead of Dinwiddie at this point after top 15 picks (assuming exum, smart, and ennis are top 15)

I'm not just posting my opinion. These are just projections.

How about this as motivation: CU head coach Tad Boyle had that score — PITTSBURGH 77, COLORADO 48 — laminated and taped up on every door and on some of the walls in the basketball office, in the locker room and in the weight room.

#RollTad
Ski also said during the Selection Show that last years loss to Illinois was going to serve as motivation for the Pitt game.

Using the term "BCS" is strange to me when describing a basketball opponent.
I don't think so, it's just saying a major power conference team. Sure, there are some good teams that aren't "BCS," but I think you know the caliber of opponents they are describing when using that term.

I don't think so, it's just saying a major power conference team. Sure, there are some good teams that aren't "BCS," but I think you know the caliber of opponents they are describing when using that term.

BCS stands for Bowl Championship Series. There are no bowls or divisions in D1 Basketball. Calling a program a high major or a blue blood program makes more sense in this context.

Ski also said during the Selection Show that last years loss to Illinois was going to serve as motivation for the Pitt game.

Agreed. Motivation isn't the problem, our offensive system or lack thereof is the major issue. We can't expect to win in the NCAA tourney scoring under 50 points (against both Pitt and Illinois). I hope Boyle really changes or hires someone that can help our offensive problems that we experienced last year and pretty much every year under Boyle.

BCS stands for Bowl Championship Series. There are no bowls or divisions in D1 Basketball. Calling a program a high major or a blue blood program makes more sense in this context.
I know what BCS stands for, thanks. I also happened to know that there aren't bowls or divisions in D-1 bball. I think MOST know the reference when they talk about BCS in a basketball context. This is a bit of semantics, you could say power conference as well.

I know what BCS stands for, thanks. I also happened to know that there aren't bowls or divisions in D-1 bball. I think MOST know the reference when they talk about BCS in a basketball context. This is a bit of semantics, you could say power conference as well.
No, actually, it's not semantics, as you just admitted.

I understand what he meant to say and when used in the context I understand where he was going. I think it is inappropriate terminology though.

The Illinois game wasn't an embarrassment....Pitt was to the 10th degree
Agreed. It's just one of those I'm skeptical of how much it will matter because of that. I don't mind the approach Tad is taking here, he knows more than I do. I'm just not sure how much it will matter in the end.

Agreed. Motivation isn't the problem, our offensive system or lack thereof is the major issue. We can't expect to win in the NCAA tourney scoring under 50 points (against both Pitt and Illinois). I hope Boyle really changes or hires someone that can help our offensive problems that we experienced last year and pretty much every year under Boyle.

And who do you suggest firing? Pri or Rohn? Who are two of the top recruiters out here right now and are considered top coaching candidates? Rodney? Who's got the CU connection and who Will has said will be one of the top recruiters on the west coast in just a matter of time? Kearney? The man who has tons of experience as an assistant at top level schools and was a head coach at Holy Cross for a year?

And who do you suggest firing? Pri or Rohn? Who are two of the top recruiters out here right now and are considered top coaching candidates? Rodney? Who's got the CU connection and who Will has said will be one of the top recruiters on the west coast in just a matter of time? Kearney? The man who has tons of experience as an assistant at top level schools and was a head coach at Holy Cross for a year?

I don't think Boyle should make a change just to make a change. I do hope either Pri or Rohn gets a HC job somewhere and we can bring in an offensive mind as an AC. Win-Win there. If they don't get a job I wouldn't suggest anyone on staff to be fired, nor do I think that would be something Boyle would even consider at this point.

I don't think Boyle should make a change just to make a change. I do hope either Pri or Rohn gets a HC job somewhere and we can bring in an offensive mind as an AC. Win-Win there. If they don't get a job I wouldn't suggest anyone on staff to be fired, nor do I think that would be something Boyle would even consider at this point.

One of Pri/Rohn gets a job, and Kearney takes their spot. We then get a young guy to come in and fill his spot.

One of the bigger things I heard being whispered this last year is that there were too many cooks in the kitchen. Bringing in ANOTHER guy doesn't help.

One of Pri/Rohn gets a job, and Kearney takes their spot. We then get a young guy to come in and fill his spot.

One of the bigger things I heard being whispered this last year is that there were too many cooks in the kitchen. Bringing in ANOTHER guy doesn't help.

That makes sense to me. I think Kearney could be the offensive mind I was talking about. And younger guys tend to appeal to recruits.

Yep.

Problem we have at this point is that we have 4 coaches with Boyle, Pri, Rohn and Kearney who are "CEO types". It's not always the best dynamic when you have people on your staff who are over-qualified for the position they have. It would be good if someone got a HC job and it opened up a spot for another Billups type to be developed on the staff.

I could be reading this wrong but it seems as though Dinwiddie has made a decision to stay from this Twitter exchange from about 16hrs ago

1. Spencer Dinwiddie @SDinwiddie_25 22h
  2. Lol every song lyric I post doesn't have something to do with my decision
  3. Details Expand Collapse

1. Reply

1. Joe Urkel @Joe_da_bro 16h
  2. @SDinwiddie_25 Bro I don't know why you waiting so long on this. Just stay and let's make CU a powerhouse.
  3. Details Expand Collapse

1. Reply

1. Spencer Dinwiddie @SDinwiddie_25 16h
  2. @Joe_da_bro it's all formality at this point
  3. View conversation Hide conversation

why is shoulder questioning Tad? If he wants to schedule a BCS conference football team to come play basketball in our gym, don't ask questions.

You could be reading too much into that tweet. I wouldn't take anything from that comment.

I wouldn't take anything from any tweet. If you look over the last month, it's pretty obvious Spencer's enjoying messing with all of us.

Now it's time for me to return to breathing into my paper bag and going back to the fetal position.

He just tweeted big weekend coming up and followed it up by saying all will be known when school dictates it

Back