What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The seed has been planted...

Without long-term contracts for assistants approved by the state legislature, you cannot name a "future head coach" he would still only have a yearly contract.

I don't care about who his Assistant coaches, or even if he left after two years, having Shanahan coach from 2010 thru 2011 would be better than two more years of Hawkins.

Any other coach is going to break the bank to get in here on top of Hawkins buyout. So even if it isn't the 100% perfection solution it is still WAY better than the status quo.

Next time I run into Shanahan at PF Chang's, I let him know that this is his best coaching option. :lol:

got to say, I was pretty sad when I clicked on the "wet panties" tag, and this is the only thread that showed up. :sad2:

Yeah, someone is really, really excited by the thought of Shanny coaching at CU. Based on the described attire, and the presumed genitalia contained within, I gotta believe it's BCS.

So I guess the Skins' Brass just flew their Global Express biz jet into Centennial yesterday for the food at the airport restaurant.

I am sure they tried to woo him yesterday, but I can't see him taking any NFL job other than the Cowboys, which means if you are a Buff fan, you better start rooting for the Cowboys next Monday.

I don't see any other team out there willing to cough up the big bucks for a new coach that brings super bowl rings. In this economy it is too easy to find another assistant that can get the job done far cheaper than the half dozen super bowl winners sitting at home on their couches.

I don't really know what to make of the coaching contract issue. On one hand I don't think it's a big deal because as long as they trust the coach won't fire them after the year, they're basically free to return. It's not like having a multi year deal stops that anyway, ask the Auburn OC last year how implementing the spread down there went. He was fired after what, the first month of the season? On the other hand it certainly can't help with recruits or a coaches self esteem, I'm sure it's in their head somewhere when their unit doesn't perform up to par for an entire season. If the head coach actually standards a lot of our coaches would've been out of jobs after the first couple of years.

This is a fantastic rumor.

If Shanny only wants to stay 2 or 3 years we would have to hire a head coach in waiting as the OC or DC. There are some damn good candidates with ties to Shanny.

1. Jeremy Bates- former Broncos OC and current USC OC. Why would Bates go to CU as OC for 2-3 years? Because he would be guaranteed the HC position of a prominent Big 12 program and gets to work with his old boss again. Shanny gets to groom him for the HC position and he is probably already a guy on the short list of candidates to take the job should Hawk get fired.

2. Gary Kubiak- He would have to be fired by the Houston Texans first. Kubiak was already offered the HC position at CU outright so I'm not sure he takes the OC under Shanny. They are damn good friends so who knows? Maybe he does it and they help each other out since neither of them has been around the college game in a long time.

This is a fantastic rumor.

If Shanny only wants to stay 2 or 3 years we would have to hire a head coach in waiting as the OC or DC. There are some damn good candidates with ties to Shanny.

1. Jeremy Bates- former Broncos OC and current USC OC. Why would Bates go to CU as OC for 2-3 years? Because he would be guaranteed the HC position of a prominent Big 12 program and gets to work with his old boss again. Shanny gets to groom him for the HC position and he is probably already a guy on the short list of candidates to take the job should Hawk get fired.

2. Gary Kubiak- He would have to be fired by the Houston Texans first. Kubiak was already offered the HC position at CU outright so I'm not sure he takes the OC under Shanny. They are damn good friends so who knows? Maybe he does it and they help each other out since neither of them has been around the college game in a long time.
can't guarantee or even have a 2d coach as a "coach in waiting"... Can't give them a contract... only have 1 contract to give.

can't guarantee or even have a 2d coach as a "coach in waiting"... Can't give them a contract... only have 1 contract to give.

Forgot about that. That sucks. I guess what you could do is give him the job title of OC and head coach in waiting. Let the national media know that he is the guy that takes over when Shanny leaves. That way Bates knows that the AD has their word on record with the rest of the nation and will soil their reputation if they don't follow through. That's not nearly as good as a writte contract, but it's something.

Last edited:
I think the point being missed here is that Bohn is looking, and he isn't afraid to go after the brass ring, or at least make inquiries.

Getting Shanahan is a 5% chance at best anyway. But the fact that Bohn is sending out feelers after a 1-2 start is a very good thing.

barry switzer, bemymuthafuka, billwalsh notavailable, buffaholic wet blanket, cockinabox, holy coaching hardon, jimmy johnson, jizzedinmypants, leash crappy smartass, my nipples are hard, shanny > hawk, shanny love, wet panties
11x11progress.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So I guess the Skins' Brass just flew their Global Express biz jet into Centennial yesterday for the food at the airport restaurant.

I am sure they tried to woo him yesterday, but I can't see him taking any NFL job other than the Cowboys, which means if you are a Buff fan, you better start rooting for the Cowboys next Monday.

I don't see any other team out there willing to cough up the big bucks for a new coach that brings super bowl rings. In this economy it is too easy to find another assistant that can get the job done far cheaper than the half dozen super bowl winners sitting at home on their couches.

You think Shanahan would want to work for Jerry Jones? I'm thinking Shanahan had enough of owners who considered themselves GM's at his first coaching gig.

I think fans are way over rating the impact of hiring of Shanahan. He no doubt would be a good hire but he is not a miracle worker and just because we hire him does not mean all of a sudden Bronco Fans would become CU fans. It does not work that way. He did get fired from the Broncos. After the first few games the novelty would wear off and it would depend on the success on the field.

I heard the same thing when Hawkins was hired. I will never forget the guy that posted that Montana State tickets would be at a premium to watch an exciting coach like Dan Hawkins and his high flying offense. There were 45,000 people in attendance and we still have not seen that offense.

Un****ing real. 1 day. 14 pages. 203 posts. Is it a record?

And yes, what a great flipping rummor. All the pros and cons have been laid out. I have come to believe that things like a shanny hire will not happen to CU. I hope I am wrong and hopefully it means that Bohn is really in the process of finding the next HC. I am fully on board with that line of thinking.

Shanny would be the ultimate home run for so many different reasons. We can dream, right?

So what if he is only here 2 years. The foundation he builds will have coaches lining up to take over!

I am thinking that once he gets a taste of what coaching at the college level is like, he probably wont want to go back to the NFL. That was Spurrier's problem when he went tot he Skins. He was used to playing golf half the day and having alot of time where he could do what he wanted to because that is just how it is in coaching college kids. When he got to the pros he tried to keep that same schedule but discovered that all the other coaches were spending their time living at the practice facility. In the end, it showed and he wasn't successful in the pros.

With any luck, Shanny may discover that he can have the best of both worlds with the CU job and maybe even more if he wins and can get his assistants to do most of the recruiting where he just becomes the closer.

I think the point being missed here is that Bohn is looking, and he isn't afraid to go after the brass ring, or at least make inquiries.

Getting Shanahan is a 5% chance at best anyway. But the fact that Bohn is sending out feelers after a 1-2 start is a very good thing.

Yep. This isn't the first place that I heard about supposed interest from Shanny, The point isn't that we'll get him, but that feelers are being sent out and that change will be made.

Back