1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things are getting ugly in Eugene - broken off from personnel thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Darth Snow, May 5, 2014.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Dotson's status is also "in limbo"

[tweet]463380685240025088[/tweet]

And then there were 4 out of 15 left...

2. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

SOMETHING is going on.

3. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

Doesn't Altman have a record of being a pretty big douche with players and opposing coaches....I know many have said Boyle can't stand him

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Oregon basketball has been a mercenary program with a lot of roster turnover.

Even with that in mind, what's going on is off the hook. There is something going on beyond the normal course of business.

5. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

6. Professor3

Professor3 Member

They always have a good class coming in. They don't recruit, they reload. But even with trying to reload every year, they have some serious issues in that program.

7. BuffG

BuffG Well-Known Member

Hard to keep up with who's in or out in Dana's clown car. OU will not finish top 4 in PAC next year.

8. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

9. Buffnik

So the cops and prosecutor added a statement that they know the events happened (Dotson forcible rape against someone), but they can't win at court due to some problems with victim testimony.

Damn.

Pure speculation that is unfair to all parties time... that sounds suspiciously like someone getting to the victim and she changing her statement. (Also speculating that the victim was female.)

10. Darth Snow

or there is pressure on the prosecutor to bury the case, and the prosecutor is pissed.

11. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

12. Darth Snow

Just skimmed it. umm, agree it wasn't prosecutable. Guess that's not a word, but whatever. It was twisted drunken **** and lines were crossed. Ugh, ****ty world. That's a hard case to have.

13. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Just some wild speculation here but here goes:

Oregon loves being in the spotlight but they don't have the culture like you find in SEC or SWC country. Behind the fans reveling in the glory of the Ducks rise to prominence in football and getting attention in basketball is a population base that isn't that different than the same people who backed the Mary Keenan witchhunt in Boulder.

We know that any time you have about 125 young men (FB and BB combined) together in a group away from home for the first time things are going to happen.

If they don't clean house with these guys and cut ties this could become a program killer. This incident gets some press, then something else happens, doesn't have to be big or involve the same kids, it just has to happen.

When the other stuff does happen then this incident keeps coming back with the "What do you expect from a program that would keep rapist and women beaters" argument.

The actual facts at that point don't even matter just like at CU where suddenly the entire team became a bunch rapist and criminals in the eyes of the media.

For Oregon the big question becomes when do they become enough of a PR liability that Phil Knight and Nike decide to cut ties with the program.

Not saying that this incident will lead to that extreme but the potential does exist with the culture of the Pacific Northwest including a group of the population that hates college sports and the attention it gets, just like we have in Boulder.

aik likes this.
  14. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Huh?

15. Buffnik

Mtn - you went a little out to left field with the stream of consciousness post there.

:lol:

16. Buffskier

Buffskier Club Member Club Member

Yikes. Not sure about when all of y'all went to college, but my idea of a great threesome/foursome only had 1 guy.

I've got no desire to put my P in a V that just had another dude's P in it...

17. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Just curious but what is the standard waiting period when it becomes OK ? A few hours, a day, a week ?

EDIT: I made this comment without seeing the report. Don't want to make it seem like I was making light of what happened.

18. Buffnik

The idea that was uninteresting and even gross to me would have been putting my P in a girl who was so drunk she was nearly comatose. Never understood how anyone would ever consider that as something he wanted to do.

19. Buffnik

I think the standard is you need to give her oral first to clean things up. Otherwise, it's way too gay.

20. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

:lol:

21. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

You all are thinking with your adult brain. My dick got me into some crazy stuff in my late teens/early 20's. Nothing like this obviously.

Damn you Stephanie! Damn you.

22. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

23. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Wow, if half of that is true, the **** will hit the fan. Eugene is full of people who would love to burn down the AD. It isn't that different than Boulder, they just have a competent admin. and a Capt. Moneybags in Phil Knight.

24. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

That is awful. I hope those kids get put away for long time and the program suffers severely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

So if all that happened why did she blow him on her way out the door in the morning?

26. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

We have a competent admin...now

27. leftybuff

Dr. Phil left? I guess I missed that....

28. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

It would be beyond fantastic if Phil DiStefano were to be recruited and accept a job at the university of Oregon to implement institutional controls.

29. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

He's been an issue recently? Set the requirements for the new AD and has been involved in facilities a lot (being present when recruits are visiting and helping RG and Benson with the facilities pitch). Hold onto the past all you want but they've changed.

30. leftybuff

Ahh, grasshopper, call it holding on to the past if you like, but Dr. Phil has been at the helm since 1/09. CU athletics, particularly FB, has been at it's lowest point, in forever, during that time. Coincidence? Maybe, but Dr. Phil has a lot to overcome to make me a believer.