What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"This Place Was Burned To The Ground In Every Way"

Yeah, it would be good for him to go ahead and just resign so the program can move on from his pathetic coaching..

But he's obviously not going to resign because that is completely unreasonable. Soo.... Might as well try and recruit, right?

If you listened to his show Wednesday night you could sense his smugness as he already knew he was undeservedly getting another year.
Did not listen, but saw his picture sitting next to Zimm. He had an Eddie Haskel expression.

So he needs to talk about how ****ty CU football used to be to recruit? Really?

He needs some angle, right? And that one makes sense. He's turned around the national image of the program. That's his sole accomplishment and the reason he was retained. He's trying to use it to his advantage.

How's that going to work? The ****tiest cu football has been in the last 20 years is under his 4 year watch.
That is why he is saying that the place was burned to the ground before he got here. He needs ten years to turn this around.

He needs some angle, right? And that one makes sense. He's turned around the national image of the program. That's his sole accomplishment and the reason he was retained. He's trying to use it to his advantage.

he may have changed the national image from rape parties to losing football. don't know if he's turned it around. Gary Gibbs cleaned up OU's image after Switzer, but at least he won 7-8 games a year. who's in love with Gary Gibbs these days?

Check....is in the mail? Maybe Hawk is the second coming of Dennis Hopper.

What are his graduation rates compared to recent CU coaches, does anyone know where to find those numbers?

Hawkins will only graduate 3 of "his" players: Shaun Mohler, Cha'pelle Brown, Justin Drescher.

All of the other seniors of this class were Barnett recruits that stuck it out through all the Hawkins BS. He doesn't get credit for these kids, IMO.

He has 1 senior graduating, and how many players transferred out, academically ineligible, or kicked out of the program?

he may have changed the national image from rape parties to losing football. don't know if he's turned it around. Gary Gibbs cleaned up OU's image after Switzer, but at least he won 7-8 games a year. who's in love with Gary Gibbs these days?

I agree that the goal of the football team is and should be to win games. A contributing factor to winning games is getting quality kids in your program. To get quality recruits, you can't be known for rape parties. CU WAS known for 'rape parties' and no longer is. Hawk is responsible for that change in perception. He can't point towards on-field success, so he points towards the success that he has had. He's trying to improve and do the right thing to move the program forward and I can't fault him for that.

Really? Cuz I sure do remember going to a stadium and seeing wins by the home team before this scumbag got here.

I agree that the goal of the football team is and should be to win games. A contributing factor to winning games is getting quality kids in your program. To get quality recruits, you can't be known for rape parties. CU WAS known for 'rape parties' and no longer is. Hawk is responsible for that change in perception. He can't point towards on-field success, so he points towards the success that he has had. He's trying to improve and do the right thing to move the program forward and I can't fault him for that.

While I don't support rape parties or any kind of underhanded recruiting tactics, I disagree with the statement. You can catch some pretty solid football players using that kind of honey. Just sayin'...

i agree, but when he continues to run down the state of the program 4 years ago to deflect from his own losing, he puts it all back in play. Benson, himself, says he doens't like scandals...the past is still with us, like it or not.

While I don't support rape parties or any kind of underhanded recruiting tactics, I disagree with the statement. You can catch some pretty solid football players using that kind of honey. Just sayin'...

Sure, but once it becomes public knowledge and above the table, I'd argue that the strategy quickly loses it's effectiveness.

Sure, but once it becomes public knowledge and above the table, I'd argue that the strategy quickly loses it's effectiveness.

Yeah, it doesn't work in Boulder. Call it a hunch, but I'm thinking there's a few places where they do keep it under the table (literally and figuratively). I'm looking at you SEC (except Vandy).

Back