What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"This Place Was Burned To The Ground In Every Way"

I agree that the goal of the football team is and should be to win games. A contributing factor to winning games is getting quality kids in your program. To get quality recruits, you can't be known for rape parties. CU WAS known for 'rape parties' and no longer is. Hawk is responsible for that change in perception. He can't point towards on-field success, so he points towards the success that he has had. He's trying to improve and do the right thing to move the program forward and I can't fault him for that.

Bull ****ING **** he is!

The ones responsible for that change in perception were the women that were victims and voiced their issues and the admin that forced the A.D. to change. Hawkins was the replacement, not the solution. Sure he hasn't made the problem worse or continued the bad behavior, but the A.D. and football team have constant scrutiny for any hint of that behavior because of the changes mandated from the scandals. Hawk ain't the "saving grace" of the football program, he is just the next chapter.

One that needs to end quickly.

This program won the Big 12 North, and went to a bowl game the year before he got to Boulder.

Granted, there were some holes and Barnett left the program with some issues - but not what Hawkins would like you to believe.

This program won the Big 12 North, and went to a bowl game the year before he got to Boulder.

Granted, there were some holes and Barnett left the program with some issues - but not what Hawkins would like you to believe.

Exactly.

You can't wait 4 freaking years to turn around and say that it was "Burnt to the ground".

He needed to make that assesment IMMEDIATELY upon his arrival, or shortly after, to set the table and expectations.

He didn't do that, so he needs to STFU about it now!

I believe that Coach Mac said some things about how a completely new foundation needed to be built for the program. While I don't like hearing what Hawk is saying (and acknowledge that it's self serving), he may nonetheless be right.

No one that truly cares about CU football being good could possibly support Dan Hawkins being our coach.

I think I qualify as a fan.And I dont know many people who want CU football to be good more than I do. :thumbsup:

And remember when I was called crazy for saying there is a weird ass hatred for Dan Hawkins the person on this board??? ehhhhh.....read some of these posts. Holy ****. Dude kept his job, people act like he stole their lunch money.

Last edited:
Here's the video of him saying the place was burned to the ground in every way

[video=youtube;Nz01Bd11j5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz01Bd11j5o&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I believe that Coach Mac said some things about how a completely new foundation needed to be built for the program. While I don't like hearing what Hawk is saying (and acknowledge that it's self serving), he may nonetheless be right.

sure, i think the point everyone is making is that hawk is always putting the blame fro losing somewhere else. the state of the program four years ago has precious little to do with the consistently bad football we see on Saturdays. dumb penalties, atrocious special teams, anemic offense....not on Barney's plate.

sure, i think the point everyone is making is that hawk is always putting the blame fro losing somewhere else. the state of the program four years ago has precious little to do with the consistently bad football we see on Saturdays. dumb penalties, atrocious special teams, anemic offense....not on Barney's plate.

Bingo. No accountability from Hawk whatsoever.

And that's a very fair point.

I think I qualify as a fan.And I dont know many people who want CU football to be good more than I do. :thumbsup:

And remember when I was called crazy for saying there is a weird ass hatred for Dan Hawkins the person on this board??? ehhhhh.....read some of these posts. Holy ****. Dude kept his job, people act like he stole their lunch money.

In fairness to many on this board that are fed up with Dan Hawkins, maybe he would not incite such hatred if he did not make stupid statements like "We were 10 plays away from a bowl game". It is all about how he shows little inclination for taking any blame on why we finished a pathetic 3-9 this season. You're damn right people are going to lose a lot of respect for a man whom never seems all that willing to take full responsibility for anything.

just yet another quote by Dan Talkins in his post game presser this evening :confused: as he commented on what he got himself into when he arrived 4 yrs ago..

What a mother****ing arrogant little prick to say such ****.

Sure things were not great but they sure as hell were not as bad as he says and they have not got much better.

The place was burned to the ground, so he has been applying kerosene to significant parts (the on the field parts). Interesting strategy... :huh:

i'd be interested to hear Dan talk about the 07 team re: Barnett. he's got Dizon and Wheatley, Polumbus....and that's, by far, his best team that beats #3 OU and goes to a bowl game. does Gary get credit there? since he's still getting blame 2 years later than that?

Agreed.

i'd be interested to hear Dan talk about the 07 team re: Barnett. he's got Dizon and Wheatley, Polumbus....and that's, by far, his best team that beats #3 OU and goes to a bowl game. does Gary get credit there? since he's still getting blame 2 years later than that?

:thumbsup:

It's sickening. When he arrived he talked about Big XII championships and flipping national championships!1!i?ii!.

Now he makes himself out to be a hero if the same percentage of players who have always graduated continue to do so. Sickening.

Hawkins is the problem...

Here are some facts for you...The APR under Hawkins has declined.

Barnett was graduating 85% of his players. Hawkins 68% (why doesn't that cheap shill Neill Woelk report on stuff like that).

Here is a blurb for you..." The University of Colorado will receive the AFCA Academic Achievement Award for a 100% graduation rate for members of its freshman football class of 2001." That was achieved under Barnett's watch...so CU was doing things right before Hawkins arrived.

Hawkins is the one dragging CU down by trying to paint the picture a lot worst than it was in reality.

How Does "burned to the ground" relate to a whole bunch of players who were in high school at the time?
Does the burning mean: You had to trot a curveball kicker onto the field for 2 entire seasons?
Did the burning prevent: You from establishing ANY identity to your offense for FOUR seasons?
When it got burned down:Did the rule books get burned up so as to cause penalties on a gigantic scale?
Did the fire:Completely remove the ability of any future coach to get his team FIRED UP before any game?

I think the fire was relatively small when you got here Hawk, but somehow you managed to pour jet fuel all freakin over it, and now you stand there and point fingers like a six year old who doesn't want to get in trouble.

Arrogant prick. We may not be Bama and can reload in 2 years, but it wasn't as bad as it is now. I don't know if I want CU to win a lot of games next year. I want him gone either way even if we were to win the Zen BS National Championship.
I've got take issue with this. The only thing better was the game day coaching.

I'm glad every Buff player was a piece of sh*t then. Boy, what horrible players. I'll bet he's so happy that all those terrible seniors are long, long gone - they must have passed along some of their bad-play tumors, eh?

I mean, that's obvious because a good coach might have taught even the worst players something good.

We must have the world's worst excuses for football players in Coach Hawkins' opinion.

I am glad he made that clear.

I'm still not certain why his program is achieving worse results with an easier schedule, though. Oh well. I'm sure it's just more crappy players. When these terrible ones are gone, maybe Hawkins can start recruiting his own, right?

When is that? 8 more seasons? 10? 15?

the really salacious thing about him saying that was he prefaced it with "you guys all know...." to the media i guess, to try and shoehorn them into complicity.

Mick, yes, a cheap distraction to delude listeners.

"Have you quick beating your wife?"

"Of course, you know that already..."

"What's that up in the road... a... head...?"

Lordy - we can only wish!

I'm still not certain why his program is achieving worse results with an easier schedule, though. Oh well. I'm sure it's just more crappy players. When these terrible ones are gone, maybe Hawkins can start recruiting his own, right?

Remember when Barnett used to get absoluted toasted for blaming things on his players???

I guess if he'd just babbled something about "loving 'em up" before he did it, it would have been ok.... :huh:

WTF does that mean? Some stupid Hawk love crap you still buy into?
It means I was drunk and pissed and was taking names, dammit. So that I can remember all of you who don't believe this will turn around. :lol: But screw that. It seemed like a great idea when I was drunk.

It means I was drunk and pissed and was taking names, dammit. So that I can remember all of you who don't believe this will turn around. :lol: But screw that. It seemed like a great idea when I was drunk.

Check :thumbsup:

just yet another quote by Dan Talkins in his post game presser this evening :confused: as he commented on what he got himself into when he arrived 4 yrs ago..

What a mother****ing arrogant little prick to say such ****.

Sure things were not great but they sure as hell were not as bad as he says and they have not got much better.

:rofl: "This Place Was Burned To The Ground In Every Way" :rofl:

Gosh Danny. I don't want to burst your bubble but your best win, here, during your best season I might add, happened to occur with that other guys players. The guy who supposedly "burned this place to the ground".

GMAFB!
icon8.gif

Bingo. No accountability from Hawk whatsoever.
I promised myself that I would not watch this crap....I blew it. This clown should be laughed out of town. And DBT...get a clue. I support the Buffs, perhaps more than you. THAT IS WHY I WANT THIS IDOT GONE! He will bury this program.

Back