What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tourney thread- Men's b'ball at 2021 Paradise Jam (St. Thomas, V.I.; 3rd/ final game vs. Brown, Monday, 11/22, 1:15 PM MT, ESPN3)

This whole tournament couldn’t look more bush league if it tried. What joke.

Awful loss! We looked like ****. The huge offensive drought in the first half continues a troubling trend with Tad's teams.

Well, barely outrebounded a smaller team, missed FTs.
Should have pounded the ball inside more, especially when SIU got 10 fouls early. They are a decent team with 3 quality players, but....

Saw this loss coming a mile away (maybe not SIU, but in this tournament). We're still way young, and we predictably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn for long stretches.

I was hopeful after the first 5 minutes that we would break the trend, but alas.

It piqued my interest when KJ and Kee were on the floor together in the first half; it ended up not being interesting and just part of the 7 points in 16 minutes **** show.

This one is going to really hurt our resume. Not the losing to a decent MVC team on a neutral court so much as the domino effect of going into the losers bracket & what that means for the other opponents we'll draw.

Parquet is not making enough improvement and it appears he is only a role player, and that Kin and Schwartz really made him look good.
Love the guy, and hope he breaks back out.

I updated the original post (header and text) to add next game info in this tourney after the Buffs lost this evening.

If I'm reading the bracket and results correctly, the Buffs next play tomorrow (Saturday), starting at 3:45 PM MT, vs. the Duquesne Dukes. (The Dukes, whose university looks to be located in Pittsburgh PA, lost earlier today to Northeastern 71-55.)

The ESPN schedule doesn't list any streaming in the game schedule right now, but I thought all games at the tourney were being streamed? (The direct PC link to the game (which I assume might be good for live stats if nothing else) is https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game/_/gameId/401376739 . IF there is streaming, assume it will be accessible through that link, or the general https://www.espn.com/watch/ link.)

This one is going to really hurt our resume. Not the losing to a decent MVC team on a neutral court so much as the domino effect of going into the losers bracket & what that means for the other opponents we'll draw.
How so? Outside of Creighton, this tourney field is meh.

Tennessee and Kansas are going to clock us.

Pretty poor refereeing all around, but hurt CU more because it sent Battey and Walker to the bench. DaSilva needs to recognize earlier that he's the scorer when those two aren't on the floor.

If we don't run them out of the gym, it will be concerning. We were always going to lose some games like last night's this season, how we bounce back is really important.

It all comes back to being able to score. The problem with the exhibition game in Lincoln was that we couldn't score there, either.

I'm going to be suspicious of our ability to win any game away from the Keg until we actually show that we can actually put up points the way that we ought to.

The next step that needs to happen is Kee's development. Not with skill - he's a heck of a player. But he needs to take control. He's the PG and needs to become the floor general, to become an alpha dog. Once that happens, this team gets really good.

I think there are a greater number of really athletic players on this team, than any prior Buff squad I've seen.

It's a "point of emphasis" for the referees to allow the Eurostep drive to the basket this year. The ncaa wants NBA excitement

How so? Outside of Creighton, this tourney field is meh.

Tennessee and Kansas are going to clock us.
Kansas, yes. Tennessee I don't think so. Frankly, that's a game where a sellout home crowd will give us a huge boost and we have a damn good shot of winning. I wish it was a night game, though. More time to get the fans liquored up and rowdy.

Pretty poor refereeing all around, but hurt CU more because it sent Battey and Walker to the bench. DaSilva needs to recognize earlier that he's the scorer when those two aren't on the floor.
We sucked for large portions of the game, but I'm getting tired of officiating crews that really have zero clue of what they're doing. I know HS sports are really struggling for officials, but is college as well?

Parquet is not making enough improvement and it appears he is only a role player, and that Kin and Schwartz really made him look good.
Love the guy, and hope he breaks back out.
Four games in and he's hit the biggest shot taken by anyone so far, scoring 8.8 up from 5.2, 2.8 assists up from 1.3, and still playing great defense.

Also, playing 32 minutes a game while other guys who need to have expanded roles have been mired in foul trouble.

What does he need to do to be doing his job in your eyes?

Back