What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tourney thread- Men's b'ball at 2021 Paradise Jam (St. Thomas, V.I.; 3rd/ final game vs. Brown, Monday, 11/22, 1:15 PM MT, ESPN3)

eh, can agree to disagree on that. When you have at least one bona fide NBA prospect on your roster, you should definitely expect to blow out a (historically) middle-to-bottom Ivy team.
Then why will University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee with Patrick Baldwin Jr. (who we play in a bit) struggle to be 500 this year? Why does ASU suck with Bagley and Christopher last year? This is such a bad take.

Then why will University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee with Patrick Baldwin Jr. (who we play in a bit) struggle to be 500 this year? Why does ASU suck with Bagley and Christopher last year? This is such a bad take.
Okay, I get it now... you're one of these insufferable people who can NEVER, EVER.... EVER admit when he's wrong on the internet. Always have to argue every point and never concede a single one ever, because to do so would have to admit that he's wrong (once in a while). And you can NEVER do that, can you? Your wife must just love that quality about you!

North Carolina has multiple NBA prospects. They didn’t blowout Brown, in Chapel Hill. Your expectations are unreasonable.
Again, I'm saying a Power-5 team with NBA prospects should expect to blow out a low-level Ivy League team. But that doesn't mean it WILL happen every time in hindsight. Only that the Power-5 team should be going into the game with the mindset that they should win that game comfortably.

Again, I'm saying a Power-5 team with NBA prospects should expect to blow out a low-level Ivy League team. But that doesn't mean it WILL happen every time in hindsight. Only that the Power-5 team should be going into the game with the mindset that they should win that game comfortably.
Nope. Maybe a team that presses or plays a gambling defense to create turnovers would be expected to blow out a team like Brown. That’s not how Tad coaches defense—CU is not going to get a lot of steals or cause a lot of turnovers. So a team like Brown can use all the shot clock and sprint back on defense and dictate the pace—preventing a blowout.

Nope. Maybe a team that presses or plays a gambling defense to create turnovers would be expected to blow out a team like Brown. That’s not how Tad coaches defense—CU is not going to get a lot of steals or cause a lot of turnovers. So a team like Brown can use all the shot clock and sprint back on defense and dictate the pace—preventing a blowout.
Especially if we turn the ball over and don't hit our 3s. If we play crisp, we beat them by double figures while in control the entire 2nd half. Given how we played - also uncharacteristically fouled a lot - we were fortunate to gag out a win against that team.

That was ugly but a win.

Again, I'll ask: why does the team take 25+ minutes to get going?
This may be a stretch on my part, but:
after 30 minutes of crap, the Buffs take a 2 point lead and, as the TV notes, start posing and flexing. Maybe the reason they start so slow is akin, Tad needs to teach these guys some attitude. Be men, do your jobs. (no offense ladies, that was generic).

This may be a stretch on my part, but:
after 30 minutes of crap, the Buffs take a 2 point lead and, as the TV notes, start posing and flexing. Maybe the reason they start so slow is akin, Tad needs to teach these guys some attitude. Be men, do your jobs. (no offense ladies, that was generic).
Honestly, at this stage I think it's encouraging that they're finishing strong. I'll take that over starting strong. Our best start was against SIU and we went into a funk after the 1st timeout that we were unable to overcome due to some bad luck on their 3pt shooting at the end.

I have nothing against Brown. Great school. Their BB team is winning some games this year. This tournament was tough to watch at times, but so much better than those lead blowing scoring droughts of years past when fast starts ended in losses. This team will gel and get better. Probably not in time for KU.

We shot under 20 percent from 3 (maybe significantly worse) and won 2 of 3. In one win we made 1! Played decent defense too.

I'm excited for the next few games. We are due a bit on the offensive end.

You need to tap into those island vibes.

I'm not eager to have huge takeaways from playing in front of 43 people in hot, humid, slippery conditions.

The team doesn't know how to impose it's will, but it does know how to compete.
It'll come, does take time, though.

Honestly, at this stage I think it's encouraging that they're finishing strong. I'll take that over starting strong. Our best start was against SIU and we went into a funk after the 1st timeout that we were unable to overcome due to some bad luck on their 3pt shooting at the end.
We have finished 'stronger', but almost lost 2 in regulation. Either way, we are unable to maintain strong play for a whole game. I think it's more mental than physical.

Top 15 Illinois team was a 10-point favorite against Cincinnati yesterday. Illinois had a 15 point lead at one time in the first half of that game. Then Cincinnati went on a 53-15 run and ended up winning by 20, which could have been 23, except Illinois hit a 3 with 20 seconds left in the game on their last possession. This is college basketball and even top teams go on awful scoring droughts.

The hard part of this tournament is CSU is a lot better than CU right now. Hats of to Nico Medved, who can really coach.
Medved is a good coach. But he'll be gone within 2 years. This CSU team is made up of a player who will top 5 in the program's history, one good player, and a bunch of serviceable players being coached well. In two years they will be a .500 program again.

I have nothing against Brown. Great school. Their BB team is winning some games this year. This tournament was tough to watch at times, but so much better than those lead blowing scoring droughts of years past when fast starts ended in losses. This team will gel and get better. Probably not in time for KU.
But maybe in time for Tennessee. Just sayin'.

Back