What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tuberville breaks ranks....

A&M is probably what killed the OU move due to their very real fear of losing the Texas game.

They should have called the bluff. UT is going to have one helluva hard time scheduling if/when they go independent (which is where I think they're headed). They'll NEED A&M and OU more than A&M and OU will need them. Just like ND needs USC, UT will need OU and A&M. Otherwise, they are left with a schedule of nobodys.

They should have called the bluff. UT is going to have one helluva hard time scheduling if/when they go independent (which is where I think they're headed). They'll NEED A&M and OU more than A&M and OU will need them. Just like ND needs USC, UT will need OU and A&M. Otherwise, they are left with a schedule of nobodys.
I agree, nothing would be more entertaining than watching their arrogance bring them down. I bet the golden domers have nightmares about losing their traditional games with re-alignment.

Hollow threat or not, I think it scared OU. Recruiting would definitely be impacted. OU gets a huge number of players from Texas, a lack of exposure in Texas would truly hurt. It is true that they would be moving to a superior conference, but where would the players come from if they lose the Texas exposure?

Baloney. Texas can't take all the good players that state provides, and plenty would look around and take OU's offer.

Baloney. Texas can't take all the good players that state provides, and plenty would look around and take OU's offer.
Kids want to go to schools where they will return home to play games or be on tv back at home. No Texas can't take all of the good kids, but they will have to fight OU a lot less for the 5*s and top 4*s if OU doesn't play in Texas on an annual basis or shown on tv there with regularity. A lot of the kids who choose OU from Texas will go to teams that give them this opportunity.

Kids want to go to schools where they will return home to play games or be on tv back at home. No Texas can't take all of the good kids, but they will have to fight OU a lot less for the 5*s and top 4*s if OU doesn't play in Texas on an annual basis or shown on tv there with regularity. A lot of the kids who choose OU from Texas will go to teams that give them this opportunity.

i went to high school in Norman (after my mom and dad split, she remarried a guy who lives in Norman....and i went to hs there and then moved quick back to CO but it was OK)...and all my high school buddies live in Dallas. there's a crapton of OU people in Dallas, both natives and job seekers....all my buds went to OU, OU or UT law and live in Dallas. i don't think OU is every not going to be in the Dallas market, even if they and UT aren't in the same conference. my step sister lives in Dallas, works at SMU. she went to Reed College in Portland and OU for grad. Norman is closer to Dallas than Dallas is to Austin.

i went to high school in Norman (after my mom and dad split, she remarried a guy who lives in Norman....and i went to hs there and then moved quick back to CO but it was OK)...and all my high school buddies live in Dallas. there's a crapton of OU people in Dallas, both natives and job seekers....all my buds went to OU, OU or UT law and live in Dallas. i don't think OU is every not going to be in the Dallas market, even if they and UT aren't in the same conference. my step sister lives in Dallas, works at SMU. she went to Reed College in Portland and OU for grad. Norman is closer to Dallas than Dallas is to Austin.

I've been saying this for a long time, that Dallas is just as much an OU town as a UT town. OU brings a lot of TV sets, even if they aren't all in Oklahoma.

Most of the College Football Live guys agree with Tuberville's statement which I thought was a little bit refreshing. People are to PC these days and scared to rock the boat even a little. While I don't think it was a smart move on his part at least the guy is honest and a strait shooter and I give him lots of props.

Like most of these things the OU deal is probably a combination of a lot of the things that people here have talked about. The Oklahoma legislature has a huge OSU presence and are not going to respond well to OSU being left out in the cold, the threat from Texas is probably a bluff, but what if it isn't, that game means a lot of money and alumni exposure and support for OU, sticking with Texas lets them be one of the big dogs at the trough in terms of revenue distribution, OU in the conference gives Texas credibility.

Another issue for OU is the solidity of their support. OU supporters are rabbid and open up the checkbooks willingly. They also are fickle and demand wins as a condition of their support, even during the Blake days when OU was bouncing around .500 the fans were very aggitated and support was way down. One part of being in the Big XII/Big Texas league for OU is the imbalance of the league. They should be able on talent alone to win more than their share of games against ISU, KSU, KU, Baylor, TT, an normally aTM, and OSU. Add in a couple of creampuffs in the OOC schedule and in your bad years you win enough to go to a mid-level bowl game. Put OU in the SEC with 8-9 conference games a year and they have to really scatch to get to .500 in those down or off years. With the talent balance in the SEC, OU with some key injuries could be looking at a 3-4 win season. What would that do to their support? Give them 3-5 years of down seasons and suddenly the game at OU is completely different, and getting back up in the SEC is different than getting back up in the Big Texas.

You missed my point: kids may want to play at home or in front of their homeys, but not all kids get the exact opportunity they want. Besides which, OU gets lots of exposure.

You missed my point: kids may want to play at home or in front of their homeys, but not all kids get the exact opportunity they want. Besides which, OU gets lots of exposure.

With the SEC deal OU would probably be on national TV a lot more as well.

Stoops was right. Oklahoma would have won a lot of games in the Pac while keeping its ties to Texas (state and university) and improving its California recruiting. It was the right move for them.

If there was a way for the 12 Pac to become the 16 Pac in 5 years by taking KU, OU, UT and TTU (with OSU and aTm going to the SEC), then I think it would be a fantastic expansion for everyone.

This is why I want him as our new Head Coach of football. His bull**** speak is zero. **** community's hug fest yes be proud of our players crap. Win and nothing else would god damn matter.

Stoops was right. Oklahoma would have won a lot of games in the Pac while keeping its ties to Texas (state and university) and improving its California recruiting. It was the right move for them.

If there was a way for the 12 Pac to become the 16 Pac in 5 years by taking KU, OU, UT and TTU (with OSU and aTm going to the SEC), then I think it would be a fantastic expansion for everyone.

wasn't going to happen. the SEC didn't want OSU, which is why according the OKC paper OU didn't take the offer.

Farewell to the Facist 10...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5350694

Two years from now the college football world will be writing of the foresight of CU and the Nebs.

"Hi, Coach Tubberville, this is the league office, we have to reprimand you for making statements without clearing them through the Texas AD first. You know that's a violation of the new league agreement, any comments regarding the league will be issued from the Texas AD, unnofficial comments will be issued by them through Chip Brown. Do you understand? Good. Now I have to go back to my shovel, it's my day to clean up after Bevo."

Reprimanded for stating the obvious. Tuberville is already looking for work somewhere else. I guarantee it.

Come to think of it, so are all the rest of the coaches of the little seven. I didn't foresee this, but I should have. Nobody is going to want to coach at any of these schools. What a mess. What a collossal clusterfudge.

Texas wants a league with OU, aTm and a bunch of teams that treat them like the Washington Generals treat the Globetrotters. How dare they state the truth, don't they know who signs their meal ticket. As far a Texas is concerned, they are the conference, everyone else is there to serve their needs.

I am gladder every day that we got out when we did and that the PAC did not bend over to bring Texas in.

Texas wants a league with OU, aTm and a bunch of teams that treat them like the Washington Generals treat the Globetrotters. How dare they state the truth, don't they know who signs their meal ticket. As far a Texas is concerned, they are the conference, everyone else is there to serve their needs.

I am gladder every day that we got out when we did and that the PAC did not bend over to bring Texas in.

Its always better to be gladder than bound by upsetness.

Its always better to be gladder than bound by upsetness.

Life is to short for upsetness. I lived through Fairbanks, I lived through Drake, I clearly remember the first NC game, the 70-3, the leaving of Slick Rick, etc.

I follow CU sports for enjoyment, not to stress myself out. I get enough of that at work where I am paid to worry about things.

As bad as it has been since the start of the bogus "scandal" through all the stuff the Hawk has piled on us I always keep in mind that eventually we will get better. The conference change just means that it will happen sooner and we will be able to enjoy it more.

Gladder is a good word for it because glad means a positive feeling without neccessarily being happy. To be happy we need to be winning again and making progress toward championships but glad means I am not unhappy with the situation. Glad means its moving in the positive without being totally happy yet.

Besides that, most of you F***ers need alcohol to make up words, I can do it sober.

Back