What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Game Week -- Official Thread (8:30 on ESPN2)

The true measure of a team's defense lies in its ability to defend against the 3rd down. CU has the personnel to do so even if inexperienced.
DJ Elliot sucks and it will become more apparent as the season progresses.if he lasts more than 2 seasons in Boulder we'll hv a new head coach. Book it.

I thought Lindgren was really good tonight.

Penalties on 3 big runs (1 for a TD). 4 serious drops (2 on TD passes). OL played like **** in the 1st half. Despite that, moved the ball.

We lost this one because of horrible execution.

Maybe, but how much of that is Chev? The biggest thing I see on this team is a talent gap. Lindgren is the 2nd highest paid assistant (I think), and recruits 1 player a year, maybe. Time to cut Lindgren, Bernardi, and Jeffcoat.

Anyone blaming Lindgren for this game, or any game this year is clueless. For the most part I thought he had a great game plan. We can't execute ourselves out of sink hole at times, imo.

I blame this loss squarely the head coach. That fake fg was not needed.

Very frustrating game. Gonna have to drink that much more now! ;)

Execution is entirely on the Offensive Coaches! You must practice your ass off and create as many repetitions as it takes to get each play right like it is second nature. I do not think they do that enough. There were 2 huge drops and 2-3 huge holding calls that meant a lot, so the players must own this as well, but Lindgren called a desperate game because he knows he is on the hot seat.

ucla's defense played a lot better tonight. it all starts upfront. you can call whatever plays you want and if your qb basically can't ever set his feet in the pocket and try to make a throw, then you are going to look like you can't call plays.

I agree. Next week we need a solid victory to right the ship.
We'll be fine in the long run.

Not sold on Eliot though.

Execution is entirely on the Offensive Coaches! You must practice your ass off and create as many repetitions as it takes to get each play right like it is second nature. I do not think they do that enough. There were 2 huge drops and 2-3 huge holding calls that meant a lot, so the players must own this as well, but Lindgren called a desperate game because he knows he is on the hot seat.
:ROFLMAO:

It's almost like this has been a conference where anyone can beat anybody, especially at home. But we couldn't beat a ****ty but talented UCLA team, largely due to self-inflicted mistakes, so apparently we're doomed. This doesn't really change my expectations going forward, we were always going to have to improve. There were some positives, Montez had a very good game, the defense still bends way too much but they had their moments. Both coaches and players have plenty to learn from this.

Also while we should have scored more, too much is being made about our point total, given how much clock both offenses burned, there's a reason they also didn't score their usual 45/56/45/34 and it wasn't because of our defense. It would've been fine if we had just made our catches and gone for the FG (or at least executed a better fake).

this is looking like a transition year on offense. if we can try to avoid getting montez wrecked like tonight, he'll get better and he could be very very good next year. i'm worried at running back after taz is gone. the o-line is an enigma so who knows if it will be improved, but one would hope. the wideouts need to toughen up but we have plenty of guys.

Sometimes I can never understand what some of you are thinking. 6 wins are still very possible and 7 wins are still within the reach, why all of you are bitching so hard?

Sure, we have problems, every ****ing team has problems.

I thought Montez played great. We haven't had a QB like him for a long time. Defense will be fine against teams like AZ schools. Yes we have many drops, but the real issue is still OL. Not sure if we can improve or not, but again, 6 wins are still very possible.

Should we all be pissed by the lost? Sure. But hey, **** happens on the road. At least all the problems we talked about here are "fixable". Did you guys actually watch the team before last year? Like, no matter how close the score is, you just knew you are gonna lose because of the talent?

Be more patient and support this team. Don't try to pretend to be smart. Sure, they may go 4 win in the end, but why hope for the worst as a fan? What's the point?

Hopefully the light comes on sooner than later. I'd picked this game as a sure loss before the season. Then I thought we had a great shot at winning this week. I keep expecting our offense to pop and they haven't. I predicted 7-5 and I'm sticking to that.

If Mac is ready to take the next step, then he FIRES Lindgren based on the last 17 games of football as a whole. UCLA had the WORST defense in the entire FBS, and we had multiple 3 and outs, and no red zone plan whatsoever. He is not qualified and there is a reason he was demoted to Co-OC. The only next step is either only a QB coach or Fired.
I don't think Lindgren should be fired. But I do wonder what Chev and Hagan think when he calls 3 straight pass plays deep in the redzone, with our running just having got us into the red zone. Those had to have left them scratching their heads.

The head coach shouldn't have a clear reason to lose a football game. Dropped passes and ridiculous penalties had a lot to do with it, but in a game like this, you always take the points.

I agree, but that didn't make the difference in the game. We couldnt get a stop on the last drive, and we left 12 points on the board at least.

I put this one squarely on the daffodils called the black out boys. Total lack of intensity, speed and concentration. Two dropped touchdown passes a key holding penalty. Very tired of their big hat no cattle attitude.
Wasted a heck of an effort by Phillip Lindsey and Montez and the defense.
I hope Coach Chev chews their asses. No if you excuse me I'm going to go kick my dog.

Sometimes I can never understand what some of you are thinking. 6 wins are still very possible and 7 wins are still within the reach, why all of you are bitching so hard?

Sure, we have problems, every ****ing team has problems.

I thought Montez played great. We haven't had a QB like him for a long time. Defense will be fine against teams like AZ schools. Yes we have many drops, but the real issue is still OL. Not sure if we can improve or not, but again, 6 wins are still very possible.

Should we all be pissed by the lost? Sure. But hey, **** happens on the road. At least all the problems we talked about here are "fixable". Did you guys actually watch the team before last year? Like, no matter how close the score is, you just knew you are gonna lose because of the talent?

Be more patient and support this team. Don't try to pretend to be smart. Sure, they may go 4 win in the end, but why hope for the worst as a fan? What's the point?
Yeah, I'm with you. As the inimitable David Puddy says [squinting],"...gotta support the team".

For what it's worth, I liked a lot about the OL tonight. A lot of complaints, but the group that started is the right group (finally) and needs to develop chemistry.

Next week is all about whether the Buffs can control the ball and force UA to throw.

Mac: "Exciting game....kids kept fighting.....they made plays. We're going to keep moving...,will bounce back. Had plays called back....can't make those mistakes.....got to get ready for Arizona. Kids battled....we're getting better and better and better. We're going to win a bunch of games..."

Coaches interview from the locker room sounded like butterflies and rainbows. Need to ask the tough question about the Fake FG and legitimately ask him to be very detailed on how it is a good call, no matter what the "LOOK" was on it. It did not look like it would ever make 12 yards.

For what it's worth, I liked a lot about the OL tonight. A lot of complaints, but the group that started is the right group (finally) and needs to develop chemistry.

Next week is all about whether the Buffs can control the ball and force UA to throw.
Yes. But two killer penalties and a bad snap killed us. I can't remember too many drive killing penalties on ucla. Maybe one.

Yep. People are bitching about elliot but you hold ucla to 24 at home that's okay in my book. They need to get more pressure,somehow.

Really like drew lewis...

We got some really good rhythm in the run game the second half. At times Montez had a good pocket as well. First half oline was bad, but something I think we can look forward to. Hopefully we pound the ball on Arizona next week

Back