What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform Prediction Thread - Game 9 - UCLA (Home)

A blackout game without black pants? What the what? I feel like Charlie Brown after Lucy pulled away the football. Nothing in this world makes sense anymore!

Well we still have
Helmets: S,G,G
Jerseys: W, B, B
Pants: S, G, B

I would imagine they will only match up the silver pants with the silver helmet. So unless they go G/W/B at Zona, then we should see G/B/B in one of the last two games
This is the top notch analysis I have come to expect! Seriously thanks for figuring that out so I don't have to.

Who makes the decision week to week? I thought it was the players (captains). I assume each game was planned before the season so if players are unhappy does that mean coaches pulled a switcheroo?

Wait...I said BBB on the first page. It was met with some ridicule.
giphy.gif

boo-half-baked-this-man-iSxPmDWr97248

Per Gillam's tweet, it sounds like the players DO NOT choose the uniforms. Any idea if its the AD or the coaches?

Love the GBG. GBB is better kept for UU, when, in theory, the stakes will be mighty high.

I can't help but notice sometimes, though, that the gold in our helmets doesn't seem to match the gold in the pants.

This is pure speculation, but I think it is a combination of players and RG. Remember when RG wanted the traditional for the CSU game? I think he picked the "traditional" games and the rest were up to the team. I think this is overstepping for RG. He did this twice last year too.

This is pure speculation, but I think it is a combination of players and RG. Remember when RG wanted the traditional for the CSU game? I think he picked the "traditional" games and the rest were up to the team. I think this is overstepping for RG. He did this twice last year too.
If it were up to the players 100%, I don't think we would be seeing G-B-G multiple times. They are largely from out of state and might not have the same appreciation for tradition that us old timers have. (I'm in my 40s. An old timer compared to the players.) We saw way too much of the white helmets last year. I'm fine with letting the players pick with a few caveats. G-B-G must be worn two or three times and G-W-B must be worn at least once. Gold helmets must be worn in at least half the games. It would seem that they were given restrictions along those lines this year.

Last edited:
If this is true, I don't think it's really overstepping. He is (re)building a brand and while the new uni combinations are great, he wants to make sure CU has a true, consistent on-field look that is not gimmicky. Year one with the new ones was cool to show them off in a bunch of different combos but going forward, the crazy combos should be the exception not the rule, IMO.

Love the GBG. GBB is better kept for UU, when, in theory, the stakes will be mighty high.

I can't help but notice sometimes, though, that the gold in our helmets doesn't seem to match the gold in the pants.
They are different materials. Colors won't match exactly.

Back