What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform Prediction Thread - Game 9 - UCLA (Home)

I'll take that as a no... but it will eventually happen.
personally I like the traditional. It's who we are! Too bad all the young punks like a different combo every weekend.

Maybe I'm too young but I wouldn't mind seeing this combo.... no? Just once?View attachment 21339
That thar is a hangin' offense 'round these here parts.
MV5BMTU0Mjk4MzYzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzk1MzcxOA@@._V1_.jpg

If this is true, I don't think it's really overstepping. He is (re)building a brand and while the new uni combinations are great, he wants to make sure CU has a true, consistent on-field look that is not gimmicky. Year one with the new ones was cool to show them off in a bunch of different combos but going forward, the crazy combos should be the exception not the rule, IMO.
Players make plays. Players pick jerseys.

I was wondering if the players did that or not, guess that's answered. They should get to choose imho.

Let the players pick the jersey combos. No need to micromanage that.
We're not Oregon, and we shouldn't try to be. Do you even know what Oregon's traditional home/away uniforms are? There has to be some sort of limitation on when they can wear the different combos that stray from the traditional GBG at home. That is CU's brand, and it needs to remain that way.

We're not Oregon, and we shouldn't try to be. Do you even know what Oregon's traditional home/away uniforms are? There has to be some sort of limitation on when they can wear the different combos that stray from the traditional GBG at home. That is CU's brand, and it needs to remain that way.
I don't really think CU wearing black pants and a black helmet is comparable to Oregon though. Black pants used to be normal away game attire so the helmet would be the only different aspect but it is our main color.

I'm as big a traditionalist as you are likely to find. If it were up to me, we would have two combinations: one for home games and one for away games. Still, we went and updated our look for a reason. If the new look doesn't represent our brand, then it shouldn't have been accepted in the first place. Let the players have some fun with it.

I don't really think CU wearing black pants and a black helmet is comparable to Oregon though. Black pants used to be normal away game attire so the helmet would be the only different aspect but it is our main color.
I'm not really talking specifically about this week. I think this week would be one of the exception weeks where we should show off our all blacks. I'm more speaking to the idea of just allowing the players free reign over uniform combinations each and every week. If that were the case, I think the traditional GBG would start to become an afterthought and we might only see it once or twice a year, which shouldn't be allowed to happen. I'm fine with them doing whatever they want with the road combinations, but GBG is classic and iconic CU that needs to be the main home uniform, IMO.

I'm as big a traditionalist as you are likely to find. If it were up to me, we would have two combinations: one for home games and one for away games. Still, we went and updated our look for a reason. If the new look doesn't represent our brand, then it shouldn't have been accepted in the first place. Let the players have some fun with it.
I did and still do think the uniform updates are very necessary. It gets recruits talking and creates some "look at me" hype on social media that is needed in today's college football, but that doesn't mean we should completely abandon the classic look. Besides, the new unis are still cool in year 2, allowing us to have these threads, but they become less and less unique with each passing game. Special combinations need to be used for special games, IMO, that's all.

If this is true, I don't think it's really overstepping. He is (re)building a brand and while the new uni combinations are great, he wants to make sure CU has a true, consistent on-field look that is not gimmicky. Year one with the new ones was cool to show them off in a bunch of different combos but going forward, the crazy combos should be the exception not the rule, IMO.
Agree with this. To build on your point, look at Bama, PSU, UM, and a lot of the biggest CFB "brands". You know what they'll look like when they take the field and stay away from the gimmicky looks.

Agree with this. To build on your point, look at Bama, PSU, UM, and a lot of the biggest CFB "brands". You know what they'll look like when they take the field and stay away from the gimmicky looks.
I'm fine with some new, flashy combinations, especially in a time when CU needs all the flashy PR they can get that gets recruits' attention. I just think the traditional look needs to be used at least 4/6 times at home, maybe even 5/6, with a blackout combination thrown in there. Too much special makes it normal and not unique.

Back