What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UT QB Connor Wood transfers to CU!

Saw the Texas spring game on ESPn. I wouldn't at this point list Connor Wood atop the depth chart. The starting gig is Nick Hirschman to lose.

Since Tyler has never started a full season the 2011 depth is my immediate concern, but for years beyond as well. The knock on Wood* has been his accuracy in practice, I believe Hirschman may have a ways to go in this category too. Hoping Connor can get here ASAP or at least enrolled for spring and both he and Nick benefit from additional time learning the system and being tutored by Scherer.

*Unintentional. Jesus this is going to be horrible. Even if it wins us games.

Leave it to the week before the season for things to really get stirred up. If only we could have spread out these rumors across the entire offseason to keep things moderately interesting.

Don't know the kid and have no knowledge of his intentions but for better or worse I can bet that Burnette came to CU because he dreamed of playing at a BCS level school. He may have lost the battle, and it will be pretty obvious to him that he did. Football players want to play, they don't go through all that they do so they can stand around at practice and watch somebody else get the reps and so that they can have a clean uni after games.

Burnette has transfered before, he knows the deal. I don't think that Embree would pull his scholly but in the absence of the above mentioned career ending injury I don't think it would be to hard for Embree to convince him that he is better off playing at a smaller school than standing and watching at CU. There are plenty of D2 schools that would be happy to have him come in for spring practice and hand him the starting job for a year. Embree and others on the staff know enough coaches at smaller schools that they could grease that move easily.

Could say a lot of the same about Dorman in the future but as young as he is and considering his bloodlines I'm not ready to write him off as well at this point.

Last edited:
I guess I see a different angle here than the rest of you. We haven't recruited Texas well for quite a while. This kid transferring here from the almighty ut gives us more cred in the state. He is good publicity. Also, at least until aTm moves to the SEC, Colorado would be very attractive to any Big XII kid who wants to transfer. Not that I want to see a bunch of transfers come here.

Saw the Texas spring game on ESPn. I wouldn't at this point list Connor Wood atop the depth chart. The starting gig is Nick Hirschman to lose.

Seriously, bro, disclose your relationship with Hirschman or GTFO.

I guess I see a different angle here than the rest of you. We haven't recruited Texas well for quite a while. This kid transferring here from the almighty ut gives us more cred in the state. He is good publicity. Also, at least until aTm moves to the SEC, Colorado would be very attractive to any Big XII kid who wants to transfer. Not that I want to see a bunch of transfers come here.
a kid transferring from ut is not gonna be highly looked upon by texans tbh. they are probably making fun of him coming here.

a kid transferring from ut is not gonna be highly looked upon by texans tbh. they are probably making fun of him coming here.

I tend to agree that we will not get much cred from this, especially since Wood attended a private school (completely separate classification in Texas). Does not hurt obviously, but does not help much either.

The Shaggybevo take seems to be that Wood was never given a fair chance in Austin, never would (resist temptation) be and his best move is to transfer.

Having said that, I've heard from my source within Dal Ward that the Spruce thread was a primary factor in Wood's decision.

Would I?! Would I?!

The tree puns have been beat to a pulp. I wood not wish to be sappy but I pine to get to the root of the problem, it's all tapped out.

The Shaggybevo take seems to be that Wood was never given a fair chance in Austin, never would (resist temptation) be and his best move is to transfer.

Having said that, I've heard from my source within Dal Ward that the Spruce thread was a primary factor in Wood's decision.

Would I?! Would I?!

I don't think you could put a cord of credibility into any Wood post. In your branch of the service, you must leaf some room for interpretation. The root problem is that usually the bark is worse than the bite. He could easily transplant here, and if properly planted, he could produce pretty damn good fruit. I would take him.

A momentary truce to the puns:

A Buff with a name that serves as both a genitalia reference and has some roots in the plant kingdom? Is this heaven? Is this a gift from Coach Embree to Allbuffs?

This might be the single greatest moment of my life (or at least tied with marriage and parenthood).

rumor is he pines to be in boulder. As a qb he wood be one of the more poplar players on the team.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_18781547

A CU source said as of Monday evening, CU coaches were still trying to determine if Wood is a good fit in Boulder and if adding him to the program would have any effect on the commitment they received from Shane Dillon, an Elite 11 quarterback from El Cajon, Calif. The source said Dillon is viewed as the long-term future of the program and the priority at quarterback.

On a more serious note...since he has to sit out a year, can he participate in practice and team events or does he have to be completely separate from team activities?

On a more serious note...since he has to sit out a year, can he participate in practice and team events or does he have to be completely separate from team activities?

He can practice and even win Scout Team Player of the Year award for the Buffs. He just can't play for the Buffs in games this year that's all.

This would be a very nice get since having him go against our defense could help us prepare for some of those Pac-12 QBs coming our way.

He can practice and even win Scout Team Player of the Year award for the Buffs. He just can't play for the Buffs in games this year that's all.

This wood be a very nice get since having him go against our defense could help us prepare for some of those Pac-12 QBs coming our whey.

fixed.

Stuart is reporting that if Wood is going to transfer this semester we should know today. Apparently the class registration deadline is tomorrow so hopefully we'll have Wood by morning! (I couldn't resist). Either he transfers today/tomorrow and sits out this year, then has three to play three or he rides pine at UT this year, transfers next year, sits out, and has two to play two... I'm obviously pulling for the former.

How likely do we think it is that we'll hear an announcement that he has transferred in the next 24 hours? Is he even going to visit Tennessee I wonder?

Can't see any reason why we wouldn't want him. Dillon and the rest of the QB's should relish the opportunity to challenge for the QB spot next year and Embree has been all about competition and playing the best players for his system.

If we would have landed him in last years recruiting cycle people would have been salivating over him ala Clark Evans. I hope we have a scholly for him lined up because I definitely want this guy in Boulder.

QB Depth becomes an immediate upgrade. I see it breaking down like this.
Hirsch vs Wood Vs Dillon
Dorman lagging behind in a development spot
Burnette finishing his career at CU as a depth spot or jetting out to a D2 school.
The walk on Fresh we have as 3rd string getting a scholly after performing well and given the opportunity to RS so that he can have a chance to play as a RS Senior if he continues to develop.
I love that QB depth down the road.

Assuming that Dillon remains on board, do we still take a qb in 2013 then? Novak looks like the real deal and it would be sad to see that CO talent go elsewhere.

Back