What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are going to beat California

I think many of us prefer to be called Ding Dongs rather than Twinkies, but we're the guests here, so we'll go by the name of any snack food of your choice.

url] Dongs.jpg

Cal, are you the one on the left?

Back to topic.... CU is going to beat Cal.

i WAS on topic. did you see the way i seamlessly weaved the rohrschact sub-theme back into the main theme of thread? subtle, but effective. i suspect that these high performing cal bear posters (who support a team that our Buffs are clearly going to maybe possibly pummel on saturday) will pick up on these nuances.

Keep the faith, bigbang.

The most dramatic improvement you see with a team is usually between the first and second game.

Going back a couple years, that's how I absolutely knew that we should have fired Hawkins after the Toledo game. Hope was gone, we let him stay on for another year and a half, and we had two recruiting classes ranked outside the top 50 as a result.

This argument glosses over the fact that you probably get the same improvement out of both teams (unless your coach happens to be Dan Hawkins). So, the question becomes which team had problems that they can reasonably address between week 1 and week 2? To be honest, I am afraid of the answer on that one.

Now, the one potential saving grace for Colorado is that we are not only looking at significant improvement from the players but also from the coaching staff. I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

I'm still in the, I'll believe it when I see it mode. I want the Buffs to win but have no expectations that they will.

I don't like this 1st to 2d game improvement deal all that much, but gotta figure that its gonna be a bigger improvement (if you equalize the coaching) for us simply because this was the first game ever for the staff while Cal is a much more established program.

This argument glosses over the fact that you probably get the same improvement out of both teams (unless your coach happens to be Dan Hawkins). So, the question becomes which team had problems that they can reasonably address between week 1 and week 2? To be honest, I am afraid of the answer on that one.

Now, the one potential saving grace for Colorado is that we are not only looking at significant improvement from the players but also from the coaching staff. I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

I'm still in the, I'll believe it when I see it mode. I want the Buffs to win but have no expectations that they will.

playing at home will help too.

and, on that one positive note, i'll await having my hopes crushed as usual in some spectacularly ugly manner vis a vis the Buffs v. cal.

CU's 1st to 2nd game results since Mac's first year

MAC
Cal L 17-31
Washington St. W 12-0

@ Michigan St. L 17-23
CSU W 31-3

Michigan St. L 21-24
@ Oregon L 20-27

CSU W 23-10
Oregon W 21-17

CSU L 7-23
@ Oregon L 30-32

Oregon L 7-10
Stanford W 31-17

Fresno St. W 45-3
@ Iowa W 24-21

Texas W 27-6
CSU W 45-20

Tennessee T 31-31
Stanford W 21-17

Wyoming W 30-13
Baylor L 14-16

CSU W 37-17
@ Baylor W 57-38

Texas W 36-14
Baylor W 45-21

NE Louisiana W 48-13
Wisconsin W 55-17

NEU

@ Wisconsin W 43-7
CSU W 42-14

Washington St. W 37-19
@ CSU W 48-34

CSU W 31-21
@ Michigan L 3-27

CSU W 42-14
Fresno St. W 29-21

Barnett

CSU L 14-41
San Jose St. W 63-35

CSU L 24-28
@ USC L 14-17

Fresno St. L 22-24
CSU W 41-14

CSU L 14-19
San Diego St. W 34-14

CSU W 42-35
UCLA W 16-14

CSU W 27-24
@ Washington St. W 20-12

CSU W 31-28
New Mexico St. W 39-0

Hawk

Montana St. L 10-19
CSU L 10-14

CSU W 31-28
@ Arizona St. L 14-33

CSU W 38-17
Eastern Washington W 31-24

CSU L 17-23
@ Toledo L 38-54

CSU W 24-3
@ Cal L 7-52

i WAS on topic. did you see the way i seamlessly weaved the rohrschact sub-theme back into the main theme of thread? subtle, but effective. i suspect that these high performing cal bear posters (who support a team that our Buffs are clearly going to maybe possibly pummel on saturday) will pick up on these nuances.

Lawyers.

So that's the "golden" part of the name? More like the damn "Golden Meatgazers" if you ask me.

Uh, the bear is actually looking into the adjacent pisser's eyes....dreamily, if you ask me...but flame it Walrus (nice call btw). Didn't think I posted the pic with no expectations did ya?

You Tatankas are pretty cool. I like the posters here. If it were Christmas, I would show up with an O-Line to give you all as a gift. :rofl:

Seriously though, aside from the outcome of Saturday's match up, is anyone really sad that they won't be visiting Lubbock, Norman and Stillwater anymore? (Um...At least for a year or two, maybe). Welcome to the PAC Buffs...the Conference of Champions.

GO BEARS!

Last edited:
Uh, the bear is actually looking into the adjacent pisser's eyes....dreamily, if you ask me...but flame away Walrus (nice call btw). Didn't think I posted the pick with no expectations did ya?

You Tatankas are pretty cool. I like the posters here. If it were Christmas, I would show up with an O-Line to give you all as a gift. :rofl:

Seriously though, aside from the outcome of Saturday's match up, is anyone really sad that they won't be visiting Lubbock, Norman and Stillwater anymore? (Um...At least for a year or two, maybe). Welcome to the PAC Buffs...the Conference of Champions.

GO BEARS!

Did you happen to be at The Bear's Lair prior to the game last year?

No. I live in So. Cal and head up for SC, furd and Oregon (plus cool OOC games). But I've gotten wasted at the Bear's Lair about 75 times in my life if that floats your boat.

Uh, the bear is actually looking into the adjacent pisser's eyes....dreamily, if you ask me...but flame away Walrus (nice call btw). Didn't think I posted the pick with no expectations did ya?

GO BEARS!
Wally treats this site like Al Pacino in "Cruisers", so watch out. Other than that, Glad to be in the Pac 12. Now there's a reason to go on the road other than being a die hard fan.

No. I live in So. Cal and head up for SC, furd and Oregon (plus cool OOC games). But I've gotten wasted at the Bear's Lair about 75 times in my life if that floats your boat.

No, it's just that we totally took over that bar last year. It is one of our finest accomplishments in the last 5 years. Right up there with beating OU.

ah yes, liverflukes is a well known alcoholic...but I like him anyway...and I love Boulder for what it's worth....beautiful with great little pubs and stuff....

No, it's just that we totally took over that bar last year. It is one of our finest accomplishments in the last 5 years. Right up there with beating OU.

I'm sorry to tell you this but the Bears Lair (well, at least was when I was a student '92 grad) is a place where everyone in the Greek system partied on Thursday and Friday nights to live music. **** doesn't really change in Berkeley so I am assuming that this is/was still the case. On game day, it is always Henry's, Raleighs, Kips (all near campus) and an assortment of smaller bars in the Berkeley environs. Only USC and Tennessee managed to get up early enough to screw us out of our own drinking haunts. Nice effort though (you probably got to see our band drumline warm up in the plaza) and I'm sure you got to hear our cannon at the game :nod:...All of these are Cal traditions...However, you did bring a large contingent of fans of for the game and the Buffs are to be commended. Gonna be a lot of Bears Sat. in Boulder to return the favor

ah yes, liverflukes is a well known alcoholic...but I like him anyway...and I love Boulder for what it's worth....beautiful with great little pubs and stuff....

Welcome to the darkside CF2....drinks on me in Boulder if your panties get washed in time :lol:. Christ, this thread has no hope of ending now....

I'm sorry to tell you this but the Bears Lair (well, at least was when I was a student '92 grad) is a place where everyone in the Greek system partied on Thursday and Friday nights to live music. **** doesn't really change in Berkeley so I am assuming that this is/was still the case. On game day, it is always Henry's, Raleighs, Kips (all near campus) and an assortment of smaller bars in the Berkeley environs. Only USC and Tennessee managed to get up early enough to screw us out of our own drinking haunts. Nice effort though (you probably got to see our band drumline warm up in the plaza) and I'm sure you got to hear our cannon at the game :nod:...All of these are Cal traditions...However, you did bring a large contingent of fans of for the game and the Buffs are to be commended. Gonna be a lot of Bears Sat. in Boulder to return the favor

I really hope they don't say as good of things about us as I heard about you guys.

I had season tickets for Cal the year they were in the top 5 until they choked (like 4 years ago or so) but gave them up because the atmosphere was so awful. I remember going over to the OSU visitors section just to get away from the folks on cell phones during the game. Pretty ****ing lame. The atmosphere up on the hill overlooking the stadium was a bit better but you couldn't see the field that well and I guess it's gone anyway with the renovations.

Welcome to the darkside CF2....drinks on me in Boulder if your panties get washed in time :lol:. Christ, this thread has no hope of ending now....

Last time I wore panties they ended up on your head in a vat of grain alcohol......so I see you made some friends here...I hope I get some introductions because I've always liked CU for some reason...maybe because they and Nebraska were the smart ones.....

cal fans... I like them. Except for this strange thought about the nubs being smart.

Did you take over the Bear's Lair before, during or after the game?

Believe it or not, I've only drunk there about 20 times in my life. It didn't exist when I was a student because you couldn't drink on campus then, except profs at Faculty Club.

By the way, it's being torn down next year as part of a remodel of the whole lower Student Plaza area, so you may have had your last hurrah there (sniff).

Wish I could make it out to Boulder this weekend. Good restaurants and beer joints like Berkeley. We'll have a beautiful new stadium for your next trip out. You gotta drink your way up to the stadium in stages tho'. We'll discuss options as game approaches, whenever that is.

Hope you don't get stuck with those delusional 'whorns again. I'd like to see them go independent, not just UT, the hole (not misspelling) state. We should trade them straight across to Mexico for Baja and have a new bowl game in Cabo. Cabo Wabo Bowl has a nice ring.

Good luck against the Lambs the following weekend.

Last edited:
Last time I wore panties they ended up on your head in a vat of grain alcohol......so I see you made some friends here...I hope I get some introductions because I've always liked CU for some reason...maybe because they and Nebraska were the smart ones.....

Yeah yeah....So the mods are friggin' intelligent...way better than furd and SC. One is named Liver! Apparently Walrus is Pacino-like (Fuc*in' A bubba) but his sh*t is funny. Creatini is cool. Buff Surveyor is a Nebraska troll. Buffnik has some sweet info. Props to Burrito Palazzo. Boulder Buff is like DrunkOski, Unleash Hell is like D. Dempster, Utter Buff Luv likes Alex Morgan and the rest are pretty chill. Coach Marshall is a sore subject...

Buffs...Cal_Fan2 is a pretty cool member from our Boards. I hope you enjoy him for a few days.

Last edited:
Did you take over the Bear's lair before, during or after the game?

Believe it or not, I've only drunk there about 20 times in my life. It didn't exist when I was a student because you couldn't drink on campus then, except profs at Faculty Club.

By the way, it's being torn down next year as part of a remodel of the whole lower Student Plaza area, so you may have had your last hurrah there (sniff).

Wish I could make it out to Boulder this weekend. Good restaurants and beer joints like Berkeley. We'll have a beautiful new stadium for your next trip out. You gotta drink your way up to the stadium in stages tho'. We'll discuss options as game approaches, whenever that is.

Hope you don't get stuck with those delusional 'whorns again. I'd like to see them go independent, not just UT, the hole (not misspelling) state. We should trade them straight across to Mexico for Baja and have a new bowl game in Cabo. Cabo Wabo Bowl has a nice ring.

Good luck against the Lambs the following weekend.

Before.

Yeah yeah....So the mods are friggin' intelligent...way better than furd and SC. One is named Liver! Apparently Walrus is a dick but his sh*t is funny. Creatini is a dick. Buff Surveyor is a Nebraska troll and likes to eat bags of dick. Buffnik has some sweet info for a dick. Props to Burrito Palazzo (werd). Boulder Buff is 35, Unleash Hell is 35, Utter Buff Luv likes dicks and the rest are pretty chill. Coach Marshall is a sore subject...

Buffs...Cal_Fan2 is pretty cool member from our Boards. I hope you enjoy him for a few days.

Pretty spot on post liverv2.0. fify.

Mods, When can we ban Cal_Fan2?

While it was smart getting out of the Big Tex conference, trust me NU is not smart... at all. Their feelings of inferiority with Texas around, combined with a natural fit in the Big 10 is why they left... Not cause of smartness. NU and smart should never ever be said in the same sentence

Back