What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 13 CFP Rankings: Where will CU land?

Where will CU be ranked tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, people with non CU views know they should have beat us worse than they did. I think we were lucky to be in that game.

every usc fan i know has basically convinced themselves that they dominated the game and could have named the score and the wideout slide at the end of the game when he could have gone in was how the entire game went.

we just need to worry about CU. if we beat utah this weekend, the ****ing trojans are out of all conversations of who is relevant in college ball this season.

I'm surprised that Penn State was rewarded for their win against a terrible Rutgers team. I think Oklahoma and CU both should have jumped them. At some point wins against ranked teams have to mean something.

I'm surprised that Penn State was rewarded for their win against a terrible Rutgers team. I think Oklahoma and CU both should have jumped them. At some point wins against ranked teams have to mean something.

And this week they'll get way too much credit if they manage to beat a 3-8 Michigan State team that most people think could very well beat them.

Boise already was ahead of them.

Houston jumped them, though. As they sound have after beating the #5 team in the country.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that Houston would be heavily favored if they played W Michigan, too.

Imagine if Michigan loses, but doesn't drop out of the top 4?!?! It's unlikely, but they have beaten 3 top 10 teams. That's more impressive than any other 2-loss team IMO.

Imagine if Michigan loses, but doesn't drop out of the top 4?!?! It's unlikely, but they have beaten 3 top 10 teams. That's more impressive than any other 2-loss team IMO.
The committee I think will actually drop them quite far with a loss with Speight out his replacement being garbage.

Because the committee has a love affair with the B1G, so any intra-B1G games carry more weight. That sort of self-serving logic shouldn't really wash.

Another wrench.....

Florida beats FSU and Alabama.....

Now what??

I'm beginning to accept that we have no shot at the Rose Bowl. Playoff or bust. Go Buffs!

Well, if we win the conference, the Rose Bowl has to take us.

I'd say the most likely scenario, if we win out, is the Rose Bowl, not the playoffs. We control our own destiny for the Rose Bowl, whereas we need a lot of help for the playoff.

USC isn't going to rise much, and the CFP doesn't punish good losses too harshly. Losing to Washington if they are #4 isn't going to drop us much. Look at WSU, they hardly dropped after losing to us.

I think there's a better chance of USC getting that invite, but it's a moot point, we're going to the Playoff.
We'd have one more win and our 3rd loss would be in an extra game in a conference championship game. 10-3>>>>9-3

I feel Penn State is this year's Manziel. All praise due to one game.
Yea, I don't get why they're automatically slotted in above us. No one mentions their 39 point loss to Michigan or squeakers against multiple bad teams.

Yea, I don't get why they're automatically slotted in above us. No one mentions their 39 point loss to Michigan or squeakers against multiple bad teams.

i agree they say 7-10 are so close yet the peds beat rutgers...big deal and ok and buffs beat ranked team and everything stays status quo.....i think the big ten is way over valued

We'd have one more win and our 3rd loss would be in an extra game in a conference championship game. 10-3>>>>9-3

In some ways this is the reason I'd look forward to a rematch with WSU in the CCG instead of Washington, because then it's nearly impossible for USC to back into the Rose Bowl at all, since WSU has no shot at the playoff whatsoever. USC's only shot at the Rose Bowl would be a CU victory in the CCG and a spot in the playoff if somehow everything else fell in place, and at that point, I'd be okay with USC getting in.

Back