What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 13 CFP Rankings: Where will CU land?

Where will CU be ranked tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope you're right. Many of the bowl projections I've seen have USC in the Rose with us in the Alamo which would only happen if we beat Utah and lose the CCG.
They've been sleeping on us all year. most had Utah in the Rose until this week

I hope you're right. Many of the bowl projections I've seen have USC in the Rose with us in the Alamo which would only happen if we beat Utah and lose the CCG.
Or if we lost to Utah and USC lost to UW in the CCG?

I think so. Tie breaker or not I just don't see the CFP slotting us behind USC with one more win and a loss in the CCG
I just think if they're trying to separate two very good teams with similar resumes, that head to head loss becomes a huge factor. If USC was further down into the teens right now I wouldn't be so worried but they're already ranked ahead of several 2-loss teams.

If we win out, we will end up in the Rose Bowl. If we lose either of the last two, we'll be in the Holiday or Alamo. And that's that.

I just think if they're trying to separate two very good teams with similar resumes, that head to head loss becomes a huge factor. If USC was further down into the teens right now I wouldn't be so worried but they're already ranked ahead of several 2-loss teams.
USC has one game left against crappy Notre Dame. How much higher can they rise in the polls? #10, maybe.

CU has a game against a ranked opponent. Winning that might move Buffs up anywhere from 8 to 6. Let's assume 8. Buffs go to championship game and lose against Top 4 Washington.

Where do you think they drop us? The CFP hasn't punished good losses too badly. Some Top 5 teams dropped 1 after Top 10 losses. The CFP isn't going to punish us hard for having 2 Top 4 losses, and a loss to a Top 10 USC.

USC has one game left against crappy Notre Dame. How much higher can they rise in the polls? #10, maybe.

CU has a game against a ranked opponent. Winning that might move Buffs up anywhere from 8 to 6. Let's assume 8. Buffs go to championship game and lose against Top 4 Washington.

Where do you think they drop us? The CFP hasn't punished good losses too badly. Some Top 5 teams dropped 1 after Top 10 losses. The CFP isn't going to punish us hard for having 2 Top 4 losses, and a loss to a Top 10 USC.
We will beat Washington so it won't matter. I'm more scared of a slip up against Utah, or even having to play WSU again.

I hear you, but in your scenario all it would take is to drop 2 spots to miss out on the Rose - that's a thin margin, and that's all I'm saying.

I hear you, but in your scenario all it would take is to drop 2 spots to miss out on the Rose - that's a thin margin, and that's all I'm saying.

It really comes down to how far CU moves up with a win this weekend. Plenty of opportunity for chaos this weekend.

I'm not saying it is impossible, but all this hand-wringing is silly.

WSU dropped from 22 to 23 after losing to us. Clemson dropped 2 after losing to Pitt. Washington dropped 2 after losing to USC.

So are we rooting for tosu or um?? and as bad as I hate to type this go nd, damn that hurt.
If we want to back into the rose bowl than we need ND to win. Gives USC another loss, and gives us more breathing room if we lose the CCG.

OR we win out and punch our ticket to Pasadena on our own terms.

If we win out (over UW in the CCG), UM wins and USC wins out, then our resume may take us to the CFP instead, but that is outside out control. Buffs just need to take care of their own business and let the chips fall where they may.

Okie Lite's resume took a small hit last night. That C Michigan team they lost to dropped its final game to E Michigan, finishing the season at 6-6 (3-5 in MAC). You can't lose to that team and make the Playoff. Feeling even more strongly about CU needing to root for OSU to take down OU this week.

Okie Lite's resume took a small hit last night. That C Michigan team they lost to dropped its final game to E Michigan, finishing the season at 6-6 (3-5 in MAC). You can't lose to that team and make the Playoff. Feeling even more strongly about CU needing to root for OSU to take down OU this week.

I'm nervous about OSU. That mullet is just too fresh.

As has said earlier, we control our own destiny for the Rose Bowl.

That's good enough for me.

If things don't break our way for the CFP, no big deal. Some people were still picking us 11th in the conference this summer. Going to the Rose Bowl is enough to tell them to **** off.

If things don't break our way for the CFP, no big deal. Some people were still picking us 11th in the conference this summer. Going to the Rose Bowl is enough to tell them to **** off.
Are you afraid to compete with the best? 'Cause that's what it sounds like to me!

Are you afraid to compete with the best? 'Cause that's what it sounds like to me!

Nah - just not going to get pissed if Pedo State or OU get picked ahead of us.

Well maybe Pedo State, because **** them.

As for what happens with the CFP, I do think that the differences between the Peach Bowl and the Rose Bowl cut both ways, and I think the advantages of the Rose Bowl outweigh the advantages of the Peach.

If it somehow worked out that we could be in the Fiesta Bowl instead of the Peach, I'd feel much differently, and it has very little to do with who the opponent would be .

Maybe, but I'm beginning to feel that what happens in bedlam won't impact the Buffs.

Let's play, "win out and look at the resume" :

OU wins: they have 1 top 10 and 1 top 25 win; they also have 1 bad loss (unranked Houston)

Okie lite wins: they have 1 top 10 and 1 top 25 win; they have 2 bad losses (both unranked)

CU wins (x2): we have 1 top 10 and 3 top 25 wins; no bad losses.

Methinks the the folks down here in the land of clay and swirling winds are gonna be sad when CU takes the next 2.

It is a big deal. These opportunities come around once every 10-15 years....you can't just barely miss. Especially when it isn't justified. There is no reason a team that goes 11-2, wins a major conference (if we do), has several good wins, no bad losses AND was undefeated in games their starting QB played all game should be left out. It's crap and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We have a better resume than Penn St, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma if we beat Utah and Washington. Period.

I was going to say I don't see us moving up at all. Mich was the only team above us that lost and I don't see them dropping to anything less than 6. From what I just saw the next CFP ranking won't be until Sunday after the conf champ games.

I was going to say I don't see us moving up at all. Mich was the only team above us that lost and I don't see them dropping to anything less than 6. From what I just saw the next CFP ranking won't be until Sunday after the conf champ games.
The next rankings are released Tuesday, the 29th, at 5pm MT. While no one in front of us lost other than Michigan (who isn't falling too far), Oklahoma was on bye and I expect to jump them to #8.

Below is the complete schedule for the selection committee rankings announcement on ESPN:
  • November 1 – 7 p.m. ET
  • November 8 – 7 p.m. ET
  • November 15 – 9 p.m. ET*
  • November 22 – 7 p.m. ET
  • November 29 – 7 p.m. ET
  • December 4 (Selection Day and Playoff Semifinal teams announced) – Noon ET

Bag of d*cks award goes to Jason Sehorn who said on "college football live" this morning that OSU, PSU, and Michigan all deserve to be in the playoff over the winner of CU/Wash.

When asked to defend his position he just kept saying "the eyeball test".

Bag of d*cks award goes to Jason Sehorn who said on "college football live" this morning that OSU, PSU, and Michigan all deserve to be in the playoff over the winner of CU/Wash.

When asked to defend his position he just kept saying "the eyeball test".
He's an SC grad, so there's that.

Back