What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 13 CFP Rankings: Where will CU land?

Where will CU be ranked tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should rise a bit, since we were one of the few teams snagging a ranked win... But yeah, things didn't exactly break our way in other games yesterday

Bag of d*cks award goes to Jason Sehorn who said on "college football live" this morning that OSU, PSU, and Michigan all deserve to be in the playoff over the winner of CU/Wash.

When asked to defend his position he just kept saying "the eyeball test".
Former players use that term a lot when they don't have anything of substance to back it up, because it uses the "I played, you didn't" card.

We needed Michigan to win or else Big Ten chaos. Instead we got Big Ten chalk, which ****s us.

I predicted a month ago that if we won the conference, we'd end up 5th. I see no reason to revise that prediction. Still need to win on Friday to put it on the committee to figure it out.

So I think we have to assume the top 2 spots are going to be Bama and Ohio State. Assuming Clemson beats VaTech, they get #3. The ****'s going to to come down to two conference champs for the last spot. Washington for sure if they win, but if not, it's going to be two 2 loss champs in CU and PSU/Wiscy. Our resume would compare favorably to both of them, IMO, but does anybody have faith that the committee would have CU jump the Big 10 Champ? Then you throw in Michigan to the mix as another 2 loss team that beat CU, Wiscy, and PSU.

Everything that happened yesterday really ****ed the CFP chances for the Buffs.

Edit: And that doesn't even include Oklahoma if they beat OSU next week. I happen to think the B12 is going to be left out regardless but they can't be dismissed.

The only chance CU has is if the committee simply puts so much weight into winning your conference and making sure the Pac 12 has a rep in the playoff.

Last edited:
I expect to jump Oklahoma since they were off.
We should already be in front of Oklahoma and Penn St. Penn St got romped by Michigan and lost to an unranked team. Then they beat a bunch of crappy B1G teams, plus no-offense OSU (unless playing the black skirts).

Should be 7, and that might be good enough to keep us ahead of USC for the Rose Bowl unless we get pasted by the puppies.

I like how they were hammering Washington over their SOS, said CU had no shot, then when they put up a graphic showing Wisky, OSU, and PSU our SOS was stronger than all 3 teams. We were 23rd and the highest of the 3 was OSU at 26. PSU was at 50. Our strength of W-L record was also 6 when PSU was 7th. Sehorn's whole argument seems to be we didn't earn enough style points due the offense stuttering a bit yesterday and that the P12 is "garbage". Last I checked the P12 was ahead of both B1G divisions in the Sagarin conference rankings.

I'm going to go ahead and assume he's bitter about USC sitting at home next weekend since he is a Trojan.

So what's the official procedure for the Rose Bowl? If CU loses and UW makes the CFP, is the RB obligated to take the highest ranked P12 team or is that more of a guideline? In other words, is it binary or is there discretion on who they choose of the P12 winner is on the CFP?

So what's the official procedure for the Rose Bowl? If CU loses and UW makes the CFP, is the RB obligated to take the highest ranked P12 team or is that more of a guideline? In other words, is it binary or is there discretion on who they choose of the P12 winner is on the CFP?
That's the guideline - they leave themselves some wiggle room in the exact language.

https://www.tournamentofroses.com/rose-bowl
If the Conference champion is selected to participate in the College Football Playoff Semifinal, the Rose Bowl Game will select the next best team in the conference.

That's the weakest language I have seen yet from multiple sources.

If we lose the CCG I'd bet a large sum of money that the Rose Bowl takes U$C.

And that's the thing! The "next best team" is Colorado, not USC. It shouldn't be up for debate in anyway. Yet, all of us are worried that we could get kicked out for USC. 9-3 is not better than 10-2 and it certainly isn't when you factor we have the division championship. Sadly, football is about money and it won't shock me if CU loses and the rose bowl committee gives us the finger and tags USC because ****ing ratings. It's also up the CFP committee, do they dare drop Colorado behind USC for losing to a team they consider top 4-5? What's the justification? We've all season long top 10 teams lose and never drop more than a few places. I guess we will find out.

Gotta win on Friday if we want to play in the Rose Bowl. Buffs are not getting the nod over SC if the Rose Bowl is allowed to choose.

Gotta win on Friday if we want to play in the Rose Bowl. Buffs are not getting the nod over SC if the Rose Bowl is allowed to choose.

Most definitely this. Clear path forward though, win and you're in. If cu loses we'll be in the Alamo bowl. We shouldn't be pissed at anybody in that situation but ourselves. USC is a very good team, wins over UW/CU, both division champs and more impressive resume vs ours if we lose to UW on neutral field.

Bottom line, do not lose and there is no reason to worry.

Correct, and we also have a streak of six straight decades with at least one conference championship on the line.
This was brought up this summer and I seriously questioned if we would even sniff a chance at maintaining the streak. I couldn't be more happy to be as wrong as I was about this one!

Think we are f'd as far as the playoff goes and the frustrating thing is it isn't justified. Nobody can convince me if we win that PSU, Wisconsin, or the winner of OU/OSU has a better argument than us. The statement can't be made factually. I would feel like we have a slight chance if it weren't for the Michigan factor. How can they put us in over them when they beat us head to head and lost at OSU in double OT?

Think we are f'd as far as the playoff goes and the frustrating thing is it isn't justified. Nobody can convince me if we win that PSU, Wisconsin, or the winner of OU/OSU has a better argument than us. The statement can't be made factually. I would feel like we have a slight chance if it weren't for the Michigan factor. How can they put us in over them when they beat us head to head and lost at OSU in double OT?
Michigan won't go in over us, that would place 3 B1G teams in the playoff which they're not going to be willing to do.

Not 100% sure that I agree. Colorado as a feel good story may get them in. That and s better resume.

Let it play out. Committee tends to reward conference champs and teams that schedule a good non-conference. Committee also tends to take injuries into account (extenuating circumstances for a loss & whether a team is at full strength for the Playoff).

CSU win looks better after them whipping SDSU to finish 7-5. Losing at Michigan after having a 3rd quarter lead at the time our starting QB went out.

9 conference games when others only play 8.

Other loss on the road without our starting QB to a USC team that's likely around #11 this week (lost by 4 in that one).

Win at a 9-3 Stanford team that might benefit more than anyone from all the losses this week and should move close to Top 15.

Remembering that we will see at least 2 teams above us lose next week and only 5 of us will be P5 conference champs, I don't think CU is out of this by any stretch of the imagination.

(We really need to cheer for VA Tech and Okie Lite, though.)

Let it play out. Committee tends to reward conference champs and teams that schedule a good non-conference. Committee also tends to take injuries into account (extenuating circumstances for a loss & whether a team is at full strength for the Playoff).

CSU win looks better after them whipping SDSU to finish 7-5. Losing at Michigan after having a 3rd quarter lead at the time our starting QB went out.

9 conference games when others only play 8.

Other loss on the road without our starting QB to a USC team that's likely around #11 this week (lost by 4 in that one).

Win at a 9-3 Stanford team that might benefit more than anyone from all the losses this week and should move close to Top 15.

Remembering that we will see at least 2 teams above us lose next week and only 5 of us will be P5 conference champs, I don't think CU is out of this by any stretch of the imagination.

(We really need to cheer for VA Tech and Okie Lite, though.)

Last week one of the committee guys said 7-9 was very close. Over the final 3 weeks (assuming we win) we could win 3 straight ranked wins compared to PSU and OU that only can have 2. I don't think it will happen that we jump both of them (I don't see the committee jumping us past PSU) but I also wouldn't be completely shocked. I don't think we stand a chance of catching Wisconsin.

Personally I don't think we make the playoff unless Clemson loses but it sure will be a tough decision for the committee.

Coaches' poll is always stupid. Michigan should have beaten OSU, did beat Wisconsin, but now are behind Wisconsin. Idots.

Back