1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which x-CU coach did BJ talk to?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Dec 6, 2012.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

the guys on 93.7 were saying it was a factor in bj's decision to walk. Anybody know who it was?

2. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I don't know, I can't imagine any of them had much nice to say right now

3. SD Buff

SD Buff Club Member Club Member

Was Barnett.

4. leftybuff

Kind of
    figured....

5. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

This Buffs Civil War is getting old real fast.

6. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

It was reported on the rivals board that Butch Jones had a lengthy discussion with Gary Barnett yesterday.

7. Bill Cody

Bill Cody Well-Known Member

Can't blame Barnett for being honest about his experiences with Bohn. That dude ****ed Barnett. Bohn's baggage is another reason that we need a new AD

8. Tadploe

Tadploe Member Club Member

Joel Klatt is Gary Barnett's cabin boy.. Wipe off your chin Joel!

9. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Here we go......:rolling_eyes:

10. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

So we can blame GB?

11. leftybuff

I don't think gb poisoned the well. I don't think gb was trying to persuade bj or that gb was aligned with the Embree faction. The way the radio guys put it GB simply pointed out things that were stange in how CU opearted it's FB program. i.e. AC's families had to pay their own way to bowl games, lack of follow through with facilities (remember GB left the plans for new facilities on his desk for Hawk...he got them when he was hired on in '99). Those are just facts. The responsiibility for that kind of stuff lies with the admin and the AD. It is what it is.

GB still is a Buff inmy book. I ran into him about a year and a half ago. I got no static with GB.

12. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

nevermind

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  13. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Reptacular

14. Bill Cody

What? The guy straight up lied to Barnett. People here seem to think that isn't a big deal as it happens all the time in the real world...but I am sure that Barnett shared his history with BJ, and BJ decided that he didn't want to go work for a guy that isn't trustworthy.

THAT is the real world.

15. SD Buff

SD Buff Club Member Club Member

Doubt Bohn forced Barnett not to sign the extension that was available to him for the month before he was fired. Right decision, regardless of how it turned out with Hawkins.

16. Bill Cody

He flat out lied to Barnett about his future at CU and his job security. Recruiting suffered more due to the self imposed sanctions than Barnett being there.

17. Dorn09

Dorn09 Well-Known Member

Not to mention Gary Barnett's mouth got him into trouble. When he called the female kicker a horrible kicker on national TV during the scandel. That made him a target with all of the women's groups.

18. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

yup..

19. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

barnett collected millions of our dollars to go away. i'm not sure how upset he could really be with CU. we've enabled him to retire in style.

as for what he may have said to jones, i also doubt that he said anything nasty-- it was probably around some of the challenges here. my feeling is that jones spooks easily-- see his reaction to a few press photos-- so better to know that now than after he gets here.

20. leftybuff

Sorry I asked....

21. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

How did he **** Gary? Offered him a contract...and Gary didn't sign it...then got blown out repeatedly. Sure seems to be a lot of bitter crybabies that took millions with them as they left.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  22. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

True - but those were a result of the "scandel", hence the need to clean house. Notice those sanctions aren't there anymore? Whether or not Barnett was wronged with the extension & promises of long term went out the window when the team flat-out sucked at the end of the season that year. Barnett has not been a bad guy in the public eye during all of this (unlike Mac, Klatt, etc.) but if he's behind the scenes spewing anger about our AD & administration, then he's doing more damage than anyone at this point.

He also told Hawkins not the take the job but Hawk decided it was more sour grapes at the time. Now, whether you wish Hawk would've listened to him & turned us down is a whole different issue.

I'm tired of alll of the people who claim to "bleed black & gold" running our program through the ringer. At this point, I'm at the "your either with us or against us" belief.

23. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

You have no clue what you are talking about.

24. Bill Cody

Who said Barnett is spewing anger....he is simply telling the truth. i.e. "I was told this by Bohn, and then he did this" and "during my years at CU, the administration and faculty have always been hurdles that you either need to figure out asap, or make DAMN sure the admin has fixed"

Should he lie?

To make a claim that due to his history, and what had happened in the program while Barnett was here, that he needed to go so that we could start fresh, and then turn around and completely ignore Bohn's history with the program and what has happened while he has been here as being a factor in CU having a difficult time hiring a coach is ridiculous IMO.

25. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

gb sh*t his own mess kit and now, the CU mess kit. He never did learn to keep his pie hole shut.

Hey gb! Go watch "Austin Powers" a few dozen more times---you know, the part where Dr Evil tells his kid to "Zip it", about fifty different ways?

Enough on gb.

26. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I cant speak to colorado law or even what state would govern this but in california Barney could be liable for damages/and or found in violation of his severance agreement for discussing this, especially in a negative light. Not saying he should lie at all but that as someone who hires a lot of people commenting on former jobs to perspective new employee's is generally a bad idea.

27. Bill Cody

um, ok. talk to anyone that was on his staff, and they will tell you EXACTLY what happened (guys that are "Buffs" and guys that came from somewhere else)

28. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

"the truth"? Or revisionist history from the perspective of a self-perceived "victim"?

29. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Yeah. Let's sue his ass. That will make this situation much less of a mess.

Butch was looking for greener pastures. Let's just move on.

30. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

Shut the **** up. If GB wasnt radioactive, he would have found another job by now.