What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WOW: RIP Rashaan Salaam (funeral service on Fri 12-9)

So sad. There aren't any words right now. It is just such a polar opposite emotion to the season we've had. Kind of hard to put it into words.

Me and a buddy are visiting a local gentlemen's club one cold winter night. Back of the house there is a private table setup, lots of champagne on the table and Rashaan sitting there. Start chatting with him, congratulate him on the Heisman and I laugh, ask him when did he turn 21 knowing he was only 20? He smiles, laughs a little and tells me shhh a friend of a friend let him in.

sad day, RIP. His remarkable 1994 played a large role in me becoming a CU fan. Hope they figure out what the hell happened..

As others have echoed, one of my best CU sports memories was watching him break 2000 yards against ISU with my parents. I got to chat with him a few years back at an event in Boulder, seemed like a great guy. Very sad. Thoughts go out to his family.

This hits hard. I'll never forget his rumble down the sideline against ISU to break 2000. RIP.

Mercy. RIP #19.

So sorry for all of those he loved and those who loved him back.

So sad. I knew the guy, not super well but through friends of friends. Partied with him during his Heisman season. Very mellow dude. Total shock. Didn't ever talk to him after 95, but I got the sense through other people that knew him that he never could find his niche in life after the NFL. Gotta wonder about CTE ...

Very sorry for the Salaam family and loved ones. Given the issue with concussions, I wonder if that could be a cause?

So sad. I knew the guy, not super well but through friends of friends. Partied with him during his Heisman season. Very mellow dude. Total shock. Didn't ever talk to him after 95, but I got the sense through other people that knew him that he never could find his niche in life after the NFL. Gotta wonder about CTE ...
Posted right after you and thought the same thing about CTE.

Man heavy heart. RIP Rashan.
I wore 19 in college because of you. One of my favorite Buffs as a kid, him and Kordell. Man Prayers to his family and close friends.

Yeah, the CTE thing comes to mind when a former FB player dies this way. Best for us all to wait it out and see what the investigation uncovers. In the mean time, we need to celebrate his life.

Horrible news. Not what I expected to see signing in to Allbuffs today.

RIP Rashaan, you will be missed more than can be expressed. So sad

Back