What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WOW: RIP Rashaan Salaam (funeral service on Fri 12-9)

That is such a shock, thoughts and prayers to the Salaam family, if I remember correctly not highly touted out of I believe San Diego Country Day and I seem to recall he played 8-man in High school. What a great college player he was, once he got going north and south just glided down the field.
Pretty sure he was highly touted.

Denver Broncos director of player personnel Matt Russell, who was Salaam's teammate at Colorado from 1992 to '94, released this statement:

"Rashaan was as dynamic off the field as he was on the field as a player. He was a fiercely loyal friend, someone who was always in your corner and had your back. He was the ultimate teammate and supportive of everyone in his locker room. If there was ever a guy who was going to get a personal foul for protecting someone on his team, Rashaan was that guy."

"Rashaan was the ultimate Buffalo and was so proud to be called a 'Colorado Buffalo.' We were part of the same recruiting class, what we called 'nine deuce,' the Class of 1992. On the field, Rashaan was the definition of a winner. It was important to him. He practiced hard, he played hard and he made our teams better. Rashaan and I laughed a lot after practices because we had so many battles and fights. Even when we last saw each other a few years ago at the CU Hall of Fame induction, we still shared those great memories and had a lot of laughs from our time together at Colorado.

My heart goes out to Rashaan's mother and his family. They have a lot to be proud of with the person that Rashaan was, the way he treated people and the friend he was to everyone he came across. He will be missed by so many, and I extend my deepest sympathies to Rashaan's many friends and family."

Last edited:
9 news just said they found a revolver...

Wow, **** this. I was 9 in 2004, he was my idol as a kid. I loved watching him play so much.

For you locals, this might be worth a visit if you have the opportunity. From cubuffs.com:

The CU Athletic Department will open CU's Football Legacy Hall in the Champions Center on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The public is invited to stop by and pay respects to Buffs legend Salaam and the Heisman Trophy. Paid public parking is available on Level 1 of the parking garage at the corner of Stadium Drive and Folsom Street. Visitors may gain access to Legacy Hall through the lobby adjacent to the CU ticket office and Team Store.

9 news just said they found a revolver...

Wow, **** this. I was 9 in 2004, he was my idol as a kid. I loved watching him play so much.

Saw another update where they said they found a note too. Such heartbreaking news. I was a freshman at CU Boulder the year he won the Heisman. My sincere condolences to his family, friends, the University, and all of Buff Nation.

That is such a shock, thoughts and prayers to the Salaam family, if I remember correctly not highly touted out of I believe San Diego Country Day and I seem to recall he played 8-man in High school. What a great college player he was, once he got going north and south just glided down the field.
His rookie card is hanging in a frame with Kordell, EB, & Bloom in my office. Very sad.

Terrible news. just horrible. 42 years old.
Echoing someone else, please talk to someone, if things are getting you down. most problems can be fixed and many people do care
I hope it was CTE, that would give his family something to focus on and help to explain

Unbelievable. He was like a super hero to me growing up in hs when he played. So sad. The only solace for me is that I hope he enjoyed watching buffs games this year, what would be his final year of life.

Wow! How unexpected and sad. Rest well Rashan, Buff fans around the country mourn your passing.

Sometimes life can be very hard, today is one of those days what a way to end a ****ed up day.

I am sad and somewhat jealous.

Like I've posted before, I knew Rashaan (Roo-dawg, as some of his people called him back then) in college but hand't talked to him since '95. Talked to 2 friends today that have kept in contact with him, although not much in the last 2-3 years. Rashaan really struggled to find his place in life after football, and dealing with injuries meant painkillers. Don't know if he was addicted to them, but his issues with weed were well documented. He did a great job later letting kids know that it made him lazy, and ultimately hurt his athletic career, and if they wanted to be successful as athletes, not to fall into that trap.

I say all this because sometimes we see these big-time athletes and think that life is just rosy for them, even after they hang it up, and someone is always there to keep the fame and fortune going for them. That's often not the case, and it wasn't for Rashaan. Fame is fleeting. It is hard for many athletes, and I know it was hard for him. Just a sad situation all around. I'm focusing on the good times, watching him streak down the sideline vs ISU and the couple fist bumps I got at post-game parties. He was a good dude.

That was back before the internet, but the pre-season magazines always had lists of the top 100 recruits. I actually have some 1992 magazines in storage. I'd have to dig them out to verify, but if memory serves at least one had Rashaan around 18 or 20 overall despite playing 8 man. Everybody wanted him.

Buff family, sorry for your loss. Great player admired by most football fans.

Love the personal stories of those who met him -- please keep those coming.

Evening entertainment: '94 Fiesta Bowl, on TV, via youtube, via appletv. They are talking about RS a lot. This year's team has done wonders, but I don't think they compare to the '94 team

Mother in law passed away two weeks ago today, friend at work had a heart attack and died Saturday, and now this. Rough three weeks.

Hung out with Rashaan back in the day. I brokered a deal between him and Peyton Manning for autographed hats. Each wanted one from other to start a Heisman hat collection. We were all so young. RIP in peace, man. I always remember your smile.

Back