What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You have just witnessed CU's last win of 2014...

We need to be realistic here. CU is a dumpster fire. It's gonna take years to get back to respectability.

If ever....how is that for realism? We could be permanently relegated to the dregs.....I don't think so, but it is possible.

We won't stay down forever. And we are not a dumpster fire right now. It will take longer than we would like to climb out of the hole we are in, though. Lots of teams to climb over.

If ever....how is that for realism? We could be permanently relegated to the dregs.....I don't think so, but it is possible.

It's certainly a possibility, but I'm encouraged by the recent commitment that has been shown to the program by the school. RG most of all.

Most teams that have been bad for a while need to develop an identity, and tend to play up or down to their competition. I wouldn't read too much into not throttling a team when they have a chance. With the exception of the csu game, I don't think things look too bad considering our recent history. I still have huge reservations about recruiting, though. Its not usually something that develops a significant amount over time. Either you have it, or you don't. I hope they prove me wrong. We need a talent influx like no other P5 team I can think of.

Because the OP stated that the current staff "sucks," and because Embree surely would have lost this game in comparison.

Unless Embree is in consideration to be our HC again, what he would have done in that game is totally irrelevant.

Unless Embree is in consideration to be our HC again, what he would have done in that game is totally irrelevant.

I disagree. It's clear to me that there are people who need to be reminded of just how bad we could be.

I disagree. It's clear to me that there are people who need to be reminded of just how bad we could be.

I just don't see the purpose. If our goal is to be better than Embree's teams then congratulations I guess, we're there.

And yes. I do realize how silly it must sound when someone like myself is calling for fans to be realistic. :smile2:

I saw two "march it down the field and shove it down their throats" drives in the first half. They were absolute things of beauty. Couple that with a "screw your puny field goal, we are going to score on the first play from scrimmage". The second half was played more conservatively. So what? The line on the game was 7 points. We won by nine. Can you imagine what the game would have looked like if Embree was still the coach? We would have been mud holed.

Look around the PAC. Everybody is vulnerable. Wazzou nearly pulled off an amazing upset of Oregon. UA needed a last second Hail Mary to beat Cal at home. Making a statement like "we have won our last game of the year" is ridiculous. It may be true, but there's nothing in yesterday's game that would indicate the same unless you're looking really, really hard for it.

Not really that hard to see what we did against a battered Hawai'i team. I'd flip your statement, nothing that happened in that game indicates we can beat a Pac-12 team.

It appears to me that this team is at the stage where it plays to the level of other teams. I am optimistic. At this point I am not sure what the outcome of each game will be. Uncertain outcomes are a lot better than certain ones. I hope Sefo will not throw a pick on the first play of the game next time.

I like watching the Buffs play and will continue to do so. Yeah I have been frustrated over the last decade but we will see some glory days again soon and I am hoping that starts next week.

The beauty of it all is that we will find out soon enough what this team is capable of. If we win 2 Pac 12 games this year, then we will have won two more FBS games this year than last year. Of course I'm hoping for more...

I just don't see the purpose. If our goal is to be better than Embree's teams then congratulations I guess, we're there.

Our goal is to be a lot better than Embrees teams. When people bitch about winning ugly, I think it's important to know that just two short years ago, an "ugly" win was a rarity.

as posted earlier, a WIN is a WIN at this point of the "process". Young team with bunches of very young contributors building confidence and enjoying a WIN. As a fan we need not piss on the parade, be happy for/with them. Beats the hell out of what we have been seeing for the last 10+ years. Things are looking up and with our support great things on the horizon.

Go BUFFS !

I enjoyed that win. That was CU winning a game when they didn't play great on both sides of the ball. That's kind of a nice thing.

Buffs' margin of victory over UH, was the best in the Pac 12. I'll take whatever small victory the football gods grant.

AS mediocre as they were, Buffs controlled the ball 10 minutes of the final quarter vs. UH. Cal couldn't control the last four minutes against AZ.

Oh yeah, a reminder: this thread WAS started by Syko.....'nuf said.

I am really encouraged after this win. This is a game we would have lost in the recent past. Our D did a great job keeping them to 4 field goals. Our offense was decent in the first half and go stopped in the second half by a very good Hawaii D. It was the most points the Warriors had given up, albeit the other 2 games were in the Islands, but they were against decent Pac teams that won more than we did last year. The Hawaii D is going to keep most games the Warriors play very close. They will do well in a weak conference and this win will look better at the end of the season than it does now.

Enjoy it!

We need to find a way to leverage what AZ did to Cal in the 4th quarter to get a win this week on the road. We will be dogs according to Vegas in the Cal game but we can win this one.

I am really encouraged after this win. This is a game we would have lost in the recent past. Our D did a great job keeping them to 4 field goals. Our offense was decent in the first half and go stopped in the second half by a very good Hawaii D. It was the most points the Warriors had given up, albeit the other 2 games were in the Islands, but they were against decent Pac teams that won more than we did last year. The Hawaii D is going to keep most games the Warriors play very close. They will do well in a weak conference and this win will look better at the end of the season than it does now.

Enjoy it!

We need to find a way to leverage what AZ did to Cal in the 4th quarter to get a win this week on the road. We will be dogs according to Vegas in the Cal game but we can win this one.

Our rush defense up the middle was another positive. We gave up a few long rushes around the outside where we lost track of the ball on some misdirection, but up the middle we were solid.

How do our fans suck? We beat friggin Hawaii in unimpressive fashion. The fact that anyone's still a fan at this point pretty much speaks for itself. It's nice to see some objective analysis from folks like Syko, Slider, Liver, etc.

Objective analysis would seem to include that CU should have been winnless in 2012 and we are building back from that with very young players.

The haters here are not living in reality, they are anything but objective. We need to be looking for incremental improvement and I see that all over the place. Not only do I see improvement but I see young guys who are going to get better and give the Pac 12 fits for the next 3-4 years.

Objective analysis would seem to include that CU should have been winnless in 2012 and we are building back from that with very young players.

The haters here are not living in reality, they are anything but objective. We need to be looking for incremental improvement and I see that all over the place. Not only do I see improvement but I see young guys who are going to get better and give the Pac 12 fits for the next 3-4 years.

Lets get something straight. There are no CU fans here that are haters. Nobody on here is completely objective. Everybody has their own bias.

This thread topic is depressing as F***. Literally moments after the game ended.... holy hell.

Key Points from this weekend:
1) The Buffs are at 2-2.
2) We've won the two of three games that we should have won and have made dramatic improvements on the defensive side of the ball from week 1 to week 4. I think week 3 Buffs beat CSU in game 1, but obviously we can't go back and replay that game.
3) Nelson Spruce is one of the top receivers in the PAC-12. Shay Fields ain't too shabby either.
4) Our DB's are playing well
5) We won, and the players, fans, and coaches are disappointed in how we won. This is a huge change in mentality from two seasons ago to now.
6) We got a commitment from an exciting athlete because of the win
7) We didn't give up a TD... and were without Addison for the majority of this game.
8) I repeat, the defense didn't give up a TD for the first time in 4 seasons.
9) We held Hawaii to under 300 yards offense.
10) Hawaii had the ball in the redzone 3 times and only came away with 9 points as opposed to 21.

I am obviously worried about the lack of a running game; the OL not getting a push, and the fact that we didn't score any points in the 2nd half. We took a lead in this game late in the first and held onto it for the remaining 3 quarters. We're young and I think this team is playing to their competition; thus the reason that we've been in every game that we've played this year.

Also after what Boston College just did to USC they and UMASS look much better.

Vegas has the CSU-BC line at 6. Interesting....

We are going to learn where we really stand come Saturday against Cal I suspect. Either way.....

This thread topic is depressing as F***. Literally moments after the game ended.... holy hell.

Key Points from this weekend:
1) The Buffs are at 2-2.
2) We've won the two of three games that we should have won and have made dramatic improvements on the defensive side of the ball from week 1 to week 4. I think week 3 Buffs beat CSU in game 1, but obviously we can't go back and replay that game.
3) Nelson Spruce is one of the top receivers in the Country. Shay Fields ain't too shabby either.
4) Our DB's are playing well
5) We won, and the players, fans, and coaches are disappointed in how we won. This is a huge change in mentality from two seasons ago to now.
6) We got a commitment from an exciting athlete because of the win
7) We didn't give up a TD... and were without Addison for the majority of this game.
8) I repeat, the defense didn't give up a TD for the first time in 4 seasons.
9) We held Hawaii to under 300 yards offense.
10) Hawaii had the ball in the redzone 3 times and only came away with 9 points as opposed to 21.

I am obviously worried about the lack of a running game; the OL not getting a push, and the fact that we didn't score any points in the 2nd half. We took a lead in this game late in the first and held onto it for the remaining 3 quarters. We're young and I think this team is playing to their competition; thus the reason that we've been in every game that we've played this year.

FIFY

Just an FYI, I posted this in a thread in Barzil, but UH has given up 7pts COMBINED to their Pac-12 opponents in the 2nd half. There defense is solid and apparently adjusts very well at half time.

FIFY

Just an FYI, I posted this in a thread in Barzil, but UH has given up 7pts COMBINED to their Pac-12 opponents in the 2nd half. There defense is solid and apparently adjusts very well at half time.

Their D may be very good, but we were also told over and over for weeks leading up to this game that Hawaii is a totally different team off the island. Oregon State had a 24 point halftime and extended it to 31 on their first drive of the second half so they didn't really need to keep scoring. Northern Illinois outscored them in the 2nd half.

Nik's right, we care about style points.

Not because of poll rankings, but because it's where we are looking and hoping to see progress.

The general consensus before the season started (experts and non-experts alike) was that the Buffs would be much improved, but would still only win 4 games (or 3 or 5). That CU would be better, but you wouldn't see it in the win-loss record was received wisdom. So, I don't think anyone should be surprised if people aren't looking at wins and losses to try and see if we're getting better or not.

For once people are actually being consistent. Is it really that shocking when someone who wrote in July that they wanted to see the Buffs "win the ones we should, and look better in the ones we lose" or "just look like a P5 team," is more concerned with how the team looked the part than with the win/loss result?

Last edited:

Not because of poll rankings, but because it's where we are looking and hoping to see progress.

The general consensus before the season started (experts and non-experts alike) was that the Buffs would be much improved, but would still only win 4 games (or 3 or 5). That CU would be better, but you wouldn't see it in the win-loss record was received wisdom. So, I don't think anyone should be surprised if people aren't looking at wins and losses to try and see if we're getting better or not.

For once people are actually being consistent. Is it really that shocking when someone who wrote in July that they wanted to see the Buffs "win the ones we should, and look better in the ones we lose" or "just look like a P5 team," is more concerned with how the team looked the part than with the win/loss result?

Excellent points here. (Especially the "Nik's right" part. :lol:)

I think a lot of folks are looking for moral victories every week rather than focusing on the W or L. And that's probably appropriate for the fans. The coaches and team better damn sure not be thinking in terms of moral victories, but it makes sense if we are.

Yea, but when we get the W, **** moral victories on top of that. I don't care how we win. I DO care how we lose.

Back