What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You have just witnessed CU's last win of 2014...

I think B&G is right, this Saturday is set up as a huge let down, blow out game. Would love to be wrong, but...

Utah is our only chance. Gonna take every single bounce to go our way. Sucks, but this is where we are right now.

Sucks that you may be right Syko. Didn't believe you back in Sept. Only hope is to come out of Oregon as healthy as possible and pull off an upset against Utah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sucks that you may be right Syko. Didn't believe you back in Sept. Only hope is to come out of Oregon as healthy as possible and pull off an upset against Utah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can always hope that they serve some bad poi at the Oregon training table next Friday.

It's pretty sad to see that posts #1 and #3 still fit. OL not blocking well and that has the run game stalled in the backfield, it has the QB running or so frustrated that he's forcing the ball and/or getting pounded out of the game.

CU's still got two games left to play. "Winless in Conference" isn't what it used to mean because of the round-robin format.

It's pretty sad to see that posts #1 and #3 still fit. OL not blocking well and that has the run game stalled in the backfield, it has the QB running or so frustrated that he's forcing the ball and/or getting pounded out of the game.

CU's still got two games left to play. "Winless in Conference" isn't what it used to mean because of the round-robin format.

I'm not sure what this means.

People need to quit blaming the OL, they have been a very solid unit this season

"Solid Units" produce solid run-games. No one will ever claim John Riggins was a speedy or crafty RB. But he ran over flattened opponents constantly. That's what "solid" OL run-blocking does.

CU's not playing the dregs of the entire conference in this cycle. Luck o' the draw...

"Solid Units" produce solid run-games. No one will ever claim John Riggins was a speedy or crafty RB. But he ran over flattened opponents constantly. That's what "solid" OL run-blocking does.

CU's not playing the dregs of the entire conference in this cycle. Luck o' the draw...
The run game has improved every week. Adkins had 13 rushes for 109 last week against UW before he got hurt this week. Lindsay went 17 for 114 this week and we were also missing our starting LT. Putting blame on the OL is absurd. When we have ran the ball, which we don't do a ton, we have been efficient in doing so.

This thread pisses me off. It pisses me off because it should've been wrong and now syko's negative bull**** is going to be "validated." This team is playing much better than wins and losses show and deserves better.

People need to quit blaming the OL, they have been a very solid unit this season
Yeah, I think I've seen lots of improvement in the Oline this year. It gives me hope for 2015. Actually a lot of hope. Arizona was bringing tons of pressure last night and at times had more rushers then we had blockers. Not sure what else you want from the oline in those situations. They still have room for improvement in the run game and pass game, but I see a unit that is improved from the last 2-3 years.

Some of us can see the progress being made. I want to win too, but I guess some people don't realize what rock bottom was for this program and what it takes to lift it back up. We are seeing that, but to only base it on w/l record misses the huge steps being made. People complain about recruiting, coaching, losses..... I'd challenge them to show me the 5* recruits that would come here now. To get that, mac 2 is doing what he needs to do- making this team more competitive. It's not easy and I think we are on our way.

This thread pisses me off. It pisses me off because it should've been wrong and now syko's negative bull**** is going to be "validated." This team is playing much better than wins and losses show and deserves better.

Some of us can see the progress being made. I want to win too, but I guess some people don't realize what rock bottom was for this program and what it takes to lift it back up. We are seeing that, but to only base it on w/l record misses the huge steps being made. People complain about recruiting, coaching, losses..... I'd challenge them to show me the 5* recruits that would come here now. To get that, mac 2 is doing what he needs to do- making this team more competitive. It's not easy and I think we are on our way.

Everybody knows how bad of shape this program was in, it's been discussed here for years, and no one is expecting a bunch of 5* players in recruiting, you have to stop with that.

The run game has improved every week. Adkins had 13 rushes for 109 last week against UW before he got hurt this week. Lindsay went 17 for 114 this week and we were also missing our starting LT. Putting blame on the OL is absurd. When we have ran the ball, which we don't do a ton, we have been efficient in doing so.

Yeah, I think aside from the red zone the running game has been a pleasant surprise and if Adkins can stay healthy (big question mark) he's a player. It was good to see Lindsay redeem himself a bit yesterday, the kid isn't big, but he runs hard.

No one here is clamoring for 5* recruits. I think that it is OK to ask for 3* recruits, which we don't get. We get 2* recruits.

No one here is clamoring for 5* recruits. I think that it is OK to ask for 3* recruits, which we don't get. We get 2* recruits.

You should probably look at the class make up again.

Current rankings are:

Rivals we have (7) 3*, (6) 2*, and 2 currently unranked
Scout we have (1) 4*, (6) 3*, (6) 2*, and 1 currently unranked
ESPN we have (2) 4*, (8) 3*, (2) 2*, and 2 currently unranked
24/7 we have (1) 4*, (6) 3*, (5) 2*, and 2 currently unranked

Regardless of service we are getting more 3* than 2* recruits. Not that the stars matter. The complaint so often seen around here is how few of the commits overall have competing BCS offers. Multiple reasons for that. Could be since they are committed other schools don't want them bad enough to spend the effort trying to flip them, could be they just don't want them period, or it could be that they have other offers but have not reported them to the recruiting services.

The narrative that this staff is only getting throw away 2* commits is false though. The tape of a few of those 2* recruits is phenomenal they just lack prototypical size. The class rankings are not good at the moment, but I am willing to let it play out to see if HCMM can get us back up into the 60's which would be top half of FBS in terms of class rankings.

Fehoko should also be a 4*. Could make an argument for Lynott as well.

If Fehoko finishes the season strong, I don't know how you can say he isn't with those numbers he is putting up. Lynott should definitely be on Rivals. He is everywhere else.

I will just say I admire your optimism with recruiting, except for one thing: we really need to stop trying to use those reasons for lack of offers.

I will just say I admire your optimism with recruiting, except for one thing: we really need to stop trying to use those reasons for lack of offers.

It has to be one of 3 doesn't it?

FBS teams don't want them bad enough to flip them
FBS teams don't want them period
The players didn't report offers

If Fehoko finishes the season strong, I don't know how you can say he isn't with those numbers he is putting up. Lynott should definitely be on Rivals. He is everywhere else.
Montez should also be a 3*, probably a 5.6rr

regardless of what anybody wants to argue they should be ranked, the rankings are bad. However they are not as bad as they are made out to be by a lot on this board.
Yeah. It's not going to finish where it should, but it'll be a lot higher than it is now.

This college football season has been funny and there have been a lot of huge upsets this season. You are going to be facing a Ducks team in 2 weeks that has been ravaged by injuries and with the loss of our emerging TE and our leader at Center there is definitely a chance for Colorado to keep this game close. We will still be down 2-5 OL (not sure how many will be back), our TE, our star WR, probably our top 2 corners, and our best DL is walking on one leg.

Back