What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

1 week until camp starts

A lot of focus on who was not selected, but good to see that Haigler was included on this list. If he can have a bounce-back year, that could really help improve the forecast for the OL.

I'm assuming Landman, because of his inexperience, is behind in pass defense. So maybe what we will see is more Landman and Gamboa on running downs and more Lewis and Gamboa on passing downs,
What's a "running down"?

This is the worst day of the year for sports and arguably the worst week in sports leading up to NFL Training Camp and NCAA Fall Camp. Just go home and go to bed at 7pm to avoid the boredom.

Yesterday is the only day of the year where there's nothing going on......and yeah feels like a little lull in the sports calendar this week with the World Cup being over.......but we've got major championship golf to keep us busy this weekend.

Can you describe what a team, other than a handful of teams - USC, Stanford, Alabama, GT, or the Academies - would consider a “running down”?
You're right in that there aren't really running or passing downs anymore, but I think he's just describing more of the obvious run or pass situations. You don't expect a pass on 2nd/3rd and 1, likewise you don't expect a run on 3rd and 8. In those situations, I think NYC is just saying he thinks we'll see Landman and Gamboa on the short yardage or expected running situations, and Lewis and Gamboa on the obvious pass situations or in base personnel. I don't necessarily agree with that personnel combination, but we'll see how it plays out.

You're right in that there aren't really running or passing downs anymore, but I think he's just describing more of the obvious run or pass situations. You don't expect a pass on 2nd/3rd and 1, likewise you don't expect a run on 3rd and 8. In those situations, I think NYC is just saying he thinks we'll see Landman and Gamboa on the short yardage or expected running situations, and Lewis and Gamboa on the obvious pass situations or in base personnel. I don't necessarily agree with that personnel combination, but we'll see how it plays out.
I am not a fan of Gamboa on “passing down”. Release the RB right at him, one cut, open, first down.

If you were driving down 72nd this morning and saw a 250lb guy on a bike dressed in black belting out the Fight Song, yeah, that was me.

Football is coming.

I didn't realize this was you.

hqdefault.jpg

Back