What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO ATH Danny Spond (Signed to Notre Dame)

Re: '10 CO ATH Danny Spond

I think he'll end up wanting to stay close to home, hard to pass up a Stanford offer this year, though.

As good of a school as Stanford is, can you imagine going there? Biggest bunch of losers and nerds (in a bad sense) I've ever come across in my life.

Spond has actually contacted Arkansas about playing there, and it looks like we will offer him a schollie. Do you all think he projects at LB on the next level? And for what its worth we still see him as being a long shot for us... bet he ends up at Stanford or CU.

As good of a school as Stanford is, can you imagine going there? Biggest bunch of losers and nerds (in a bad sense) I've ever come across in my life.

I'll disagree with you there, compared to CU its a different world but I had a lot of good friends go to Stanford who certainly dont fit in your description. It isnt the party school CU is, but it has a ton going for it.

Spond is a QB in a heavily run oriented team. He's a big strong kid who is being recruited as an athlete because most are unsure as to how he projects as a QB at the next level. My guess is he will end up an LB or TE, he's a very gifted athlete. Perhaps CU's mediocre season has sent him to greener pastures. The little bit I have seen of him convinces me he's a quality prospect. If he goes to Arky, he'd be a good addition to the class.

Wonder if the Harbaugh to Kansas rumor would shake things up for some guys considering Stanford?

lets be frank why the **** would he go to kansas?

It is what at best the 5th or 6th best job in the big12? Harbaugh has the chance to be a perennial top 3 in the Pac10, gets to recruit the whole country, and live in Palo Alto. Pete carroll is probably spreading rumor to get back at him for the NFL stuff harubaugh is always spreading about PC.

lets be frank why the **** would he go to kansas?

It is what at best the 5th or 6th best job in the big12? Harbaugh has the chance to be a perennial top 3 in the Pac10, gets to recruit the whole country, and live in Palo Alto. Pete carroll is probably spreading rumor to get back at him for the NFL stuff harubaugh is always spreading about PC.

I don't think Spond would choose Kansas, and I'm having a hard time imagining him at Arkansas, either.

Just saying that if the coach who recruited you leaves before you sign the LOI, you might just look at all your options one more time before you stick with it. Can't go too far wrong with Stanford's academic reputation, regardless of the coach. But if Harbaugh promised Spond or Colter that they were getting a QB look, and he leaves ... well, they'd have to be aware that a new guy might not honor that promise.

Oh, shoot. You meant why would HARBAUGH go to Kansas. I have no idea. Just read it somewhere.

I thought you meant Spond. I need more coffee apparently.

yikes, looks like spond is looking for an excuse NOT to go to CU. ****.

Oh well. All we can do is play the guys that want to be here, and make it here. And hope the rest lose when we play. :smile:

I don't think Spond would choose Kansas, and I'm having a hard time imagining him at Arkansas, either.

Just saying that if the coach who recruited you leaves before you sign the LOI, you might just look at all your options one more time before you stick with it. Can't go too far wrong with Stanford's academic reputation, regardless of the coach. But if Harbaugh promised Spond or Colter that they were getting a QB look, and he leaves ... well, they'd have to be aware that a new guy might not honor that promise.

Yeah, we apparently are recruiting him as a LB. But like I said he contacted our coaching staff, and apparently an offer is going to be heading his way soon. Like I said though we think he is a long shot for us.

Yeah, we apparently are recruiting him as a LB. But like I said he contacted our coaching staff, and apparently an offer is going to be heading his way soon. Like I said though we think he is a long shot for us.

Spond has a CU offer and was committed to the Bufs at one time. In fact, he was our first commitment in this class. He is still a "soft verbal" in some interviews, but has opened up his recruitment to look around and be sure he is headed where he wants to be.

Spond is anything but a soft verbal at this juncture. He is open to any and all possibilities right now.

Scout's Colorado Prep board just reported that Spond will be visiting Stanford on 1/15, TCU on 1/22 and Notre Dame on 1/29. TCU and ND haven't offered, but both visited him this week.

Hopefully we'll get a visit on January 8th. This article didn't sound good (LINK), but that site isn't exactly pro-CU either. I'm feeling a bit discouraged here, nonetheless.

Damn... ND... that's not good. An offer from them with a good visit from Kelly and I bet he's gone.

I wonder how much he ever really wanted to come to CU - he primarily wanted that QB shot here, but when looking elsewhere he has opened it up. I think he was trying to use bargaining power, which I don't blame him for, but when he saw other QBs coming in he decided he may as well leave the state.

A rivals article from the Notre Dame site confirmed visits to Stanford, TCU, and Notre Dame next month. He will decide between those three schools.

Bummer, I was hoping he'd at least leave the door open to CU until signing day, guess he is headed for greener pastures. GL to him wherever he goes.

Go to Stanford Danny dont be a fool, ND is a mess and a **** hole, and Patterson will be at Florida in about 10 minutes.

Has he fully recovered from the hit to the head he took that ended his senior season?

that will be a question mark for some time. This was not your usual concusion, but very serious. He was unconscious for some time. Should recover fine by August without any more knocks to the noggin....

Has he fully recovered from the hit to the head he took that ended his senior season?

A rivals article from the Notre Dame site confirmed visits to Stanford, TCU, and Notre Dame next month. He will decide between those three schools.

Evidence suggests that the answer to the first quote is "no".

Back