What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 LA QB Benton "Munchie" Legaux (Signed to Cincinnati)

Re: '10 LA QB Benton "Munchie" Legaux

Being shown as a "soft" verbal

the dreaded 'softie'

wonder if he's waiting for a 'better' offer or if Hawk being coach
is important to him-

who's recruiting him ? maybe he wants to make sure that coach
is still a Buff .... :confused:

the dreaded 'softie'

wonder if he's waiting for a 'better' offer or if Hawk being coach
is important to him-

who's recruiting him ? maybe he wants to make sure that coach
is still a Buff .... :confused:

he has offers from all over the place, at some very good schools, i don't think thats the issue. i would say the coaching staff in limbo is probably the biggest factor for being a softie.

Ringo confirmed it on Scout (received a text message from Munchie and will interview him tonight). :woot:

I can guarantee that my son is going to love cheering for "Munchie Lego". :smile2:

Re: '10 LA QB Benton "Munchie" Legaux (Committed to Colorado)

man his release is ****ED up. Clark Evans the 2d!

From ESPN....
"Legaux is an exciting dual-threat quarterback and athlete. He has redeeming, deceptive skills as a passer and is a good enough overall athlete to move to wide receiver if he does not work out under center."

Geaux Munchie! Buff 'em up.

Really excited about this guy... he is legit

Munchie reminds me a lot of the type of guys Mac was bringing in when he was building his championship teams. He didn't worry a lot about specific skills or what position a kid was going to play. Instead he brought in great athletes and figured out a way to use their skills. Players don't worry a lot about what position they are playing when they are getting a chance to contribute on a team winning big-time games.

I hate to be a downer but as far as academics I saw on one of the sites (maybe it was rivals) it has him listed with a 3.0 gpa and a 17 on the ACT. Will that give him academic problems getting in?

Other than that, I hope this kid can come in and make us proud.

I hate to be a downer but as far as academics I saw on one of the sites (maybe it was rivals) it has him listed with a 3.0 gpa and a 17 on the ACT. Will that give him academic problems getting in?

According to their coach, both Canty and Legaux are qualified. :thumbsup:

Found this article through Ralphie Report:

After a great visit to Boulder this past weekend, a pair of stars from Edna Karr have decided to attend Colorado. Quarterback Munchie Legaux and wide receiver Keenan Canty have verbally committed to play football for the Buffaloes. Legaux had offers from Baylor, Michigan and Oregon while Canty chose Colorado over Hampton and Mississippi State.

The 6'4, 185 pound Legaux has guided Karr to a 9-1 record and the fourth-seed entering the 4-A state playoffs this Thursday night against Riverdale at Joe Yenni Stadium. The 5'9, 165 pound Canty runs in the 4.5 range and is an excellent kick returner.

"My visit was nice. I have a chance to go in and play as a freshman. I like the coaches as well. It's a big plus to have one of my high school teammates coming with me. We both had a great time there. I'm not worried about playing at altitude. I am comfortable with their offense," said Legaux.

"It was a new experience, something new. The mountains are great. I've never seen anything like it. The chemistry of the team was great. It''s kind of like our team. I am going to have a chance to play wide receiver and return kicks and punt. I am very consistent and that is what they will appreciate. It's a big plus having my quarterback coming, too! We've been playing together since 10th grade so we know each other very well. We plan on rooming together and that will be very comfortable," said Canty.

"I think Canty is a dynamic player. He's full of energy. He's a game changer. He is fast and can catch the football extremely well and hurt you in the return game as a punt and kicker returner," said Karr head coach Jabbar Juluke.

"Munchie is just phenomenal. They (Colorado) are going to be getting not only a great kid but a great player. He is very talented with his arm and his legs and he is the ultimate competitor. I really believe that Colorado is getting two outstanding kids. Both are qualified academically. They never miss practice, take school seriously and are hard-working kids," Juluke said.

http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=256181&Itemid=2322

Are you serious.. A 3.0 has trouble getting in? He can re-take the ACT for goodness sake.

WOW... I just watched his video. He is an average passer... but with the ball in his hands he seriously looks like Pat White. He was blowing by guys like nothing:wow:

I dont care how he does at CU. I will be getting a munchie jersey.

According to their coach, both Canty and Legaux are qualified. :thumbsup:

Found this article through Ralphie Report:

After a great visit to Boulder this past weekend, a pair of stars from Edna Karr have decided to attend Colorado. Quarterback Munchie Legaux and wide receiver Keenan Canty have verbally committed to play football for the Buffaloes. Legaux had offers from Baylor, Michigan and Oregon while Canty chose Colorado over Hampton and Mississippi State.

The 6'4, 185 pound Legaux has guided Karr to a 9-1 record and the fourth-seed entering the 4-A state playoffs this Thursday night against Riverdale at Joe Yenni Stadium. The 5'9, 165 pound Canty runs in the 4.5 range and is an excellent kick returner.

"My visit was nice. I have a chance to go in and play as a freshman. I like the coaches as well. It's a big plus to have one of my high school teammates coming with me. We both had a great time there. I'm not worried about playing at altitude. I am comfortable with their offense," said Legaux.

"It was a new experience, something new. The mountains are great. I've never seen anything like it. The chemistry of the team was great. It''s kind of like our team. I am going to have a chance to play wide receiver and return kicks and punt. I am very consistent and that is what they will appreciate. It's a big plus having my quarterback coming, too! We've been playing together since 10th grade so we know each other very well. We plan on rooming together and that will be very comfortable," said Canty.

"I think Canty is a dynamic player. He's full of energy. He's a game changer. He is fast and can catch the football extremely well and hurt you in the return game as a punt and kicker returner," said Karr head coach Jabbar Juluke.

"Munchie is just phenomenal. They (Colorado) are going to be getting not only a great kid but a great player. He is very talented with his arm and his legs and he is the ultimate competitor. I really believe that Colorado is getting two outstanding kids. Both are qualified academically. They never miss practice, take school seriously and are hard-working kids," Juluke said.

http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=256181&Itemid=2322

I ****ing love some of the names of people in LA. Jabbar Juluke and Munchie Legaux? Allsome!

Munchie reminds me a lot of the type of guys Mac was bringing in when he was building his championship teams. He didn't worry a lot about specific skills or what position a kid was going to play. Instead he brought in great athletes and figured out a way to use their skills. Players don't worry a lot about what position they are playing when they are getting a chance to contribute on a team winning big-time games.

Love the sentiment, but I have no faith in the current staff to be able to do that. :dbt:

Love the sentiment, but I have no faith in the current staff to be able to do that. :dbt:

I don't either, just commenting on the quality of the athletes, not on how they will be developed or used by the current staff.

If there is a change I hope that most of these players recognize that they will still be with a great bunch of teammates at a great university in a location that is second to none and stay on.

Back