What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 LA QB Benton "Munchie" Legaux (Signed to Cincinnati)

Not to play the, "well he sucked anyway!" card, especially because I think Munchie will be a great player; I think we already have our QB of the future in Hirschman.

I'll second that, but it sure would have been great to have another talented option, just in case.

But if this schollie goes to a Hawaiian DT I won't cry too much.

Not to play the, "well he sucked anyway!" card, especially because I think Munchie will be a great player; I think we already have our QB of the future in Hirschman.

Whether he played QB or not this team needs athletes like him and can't afford to be losing players like him.

For sure, I definitely wanted him to pick us, but I'm just not overly distraught over it. I think he would have ended up at WR here anyway imho. But hey, for all I know the kid is the next Dennis Dixon.

I'm honestly not going to lose any sleep over this one.

A couple of you will be able to back me up on this that I'm not posting out of sour grapes. More like now I don't have to keep my mouth shut.

I've felt all along that Munchie is the 2nd coming of Bernard Jackson. He's not accurate enough as a passer. In their final game loss in the playoffs, he completed about 40% of his throws. As a WR prospect, I was a bit higher on him but questioned his speed.

Time will tell, I guess.

A couple of you will be able to back me up on this that I'm not posting out of sour grapes. More like now I don't have to keep my mouth shut.

I've felt all along that Munchie is the 2nd coming of Bernard Jackson. He's not accurate enough as a passer. In their final game loss in the playoffs, he completed about 40% of his throws. As a WR prospect, I was a bit higher on him but questioned his speed.

Time will tell, I guess.

I never saw him play, but I'm always suspect of a guy who has to shop around to get a BCS school to look at him at his position of choice...especailly if it is QB. I saw Munchie close up at the aTm game. Big kid, looked very athletic. Fair or not, I thought to myself, "that kid is a WR".

I can't believe he went to ****ing cincinatti. What a ****ty place to live. GL buddy.

Thats fine. Gateway said we were only recruiting him for his nickname, anyway.

LOL...I never had a good feeling about him....I don't like players that are so stuck on themselves as he seemed to be. I admit, the "Munchie" nickname bugged me. And his press conference b.s. and letting CU dangle just showed me it was all about him. Really, I think in the end we wil find it was no big loss.

Or of course, I could be wrong and he turns out to be great....guess we'll have to wait and see.

LOL...I never had a good feeling about him....I don't like players that are so stuck on themselves as he seemed to be. I admit, the "Munchie" nickname bugged me. And his press conference b.s. and letting CU dangle just showed me it was all about him. Really, I think in the end we wil find it was no big loss.

Or of course, I could be wrong and he turns out to be great....guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sorry....that post was from me, Gateway, not SCB but at least you got another peek at his avatar.

Time will tell, I guess.

Was it worth a scholly to canty to lose munchie? Does this free up a scholly for a DT now?

Mister qualified. He's at A&M. And they still have him at RB.

Danny Spond is listed as an OLB at Notre Dame. But he's actually working in at Safety and on special teams.

Joe Hemschoot looks like he is redshirting at Stanford and is listed as an ILB.

I saw him play a couple games last year. Kid is explosive. He probably made a good choice to decommit from halkins. He wouldn't fit embos system.

Looking pretty good so far against Pitt tonight. Mostly easy passes, swing passes etc. I think his only incompletions were basically drops by his receivers.

I thought he'd be more of a scrambler, but he's been staying in the pocket pretty well.

He was just pinned on the 1 and through a great pass to his TE down the seam.

yeah, he would've been nice to watch in Black and Gold, at games might been a little more interesting to watch.

yeah, he would've been nice to watch in Black and Gold, at games might been a little more interesting to watch.

Maybe I'm just absurdly pessimistic at this point, but even if he came to CU, I'm not convinced he wouldn't be buried somewhere on the roster, or any of the other things that seem to go wrong with much of our talent.

Maybe I'm just absurdly pessimistic at this point, but even if he came to CU, I'm not convinced he wouldn't be buried somewhere on the roster, or any of the other things that seem to go wrong with much of our talent.
I hear ya brother. Kind of hard to feel optimistic about CU football after 7 yrs of having it beat out of you on national television. Sucks we've dropped so far thanks to the administrators of the school and the lack of understanding of how athletics is as equally as important academics.

I hear ya brother. Kind of hard to feel optimistic about CU football after 7 yrs of having it beat out of you on national television. Sucks we've dropped so far thanks to the administrators of the school and the lack of understanding of how athletics is as equally as important academics.

Having a hard time getting my head around the "equally as important" comment. Athletics may be important from a revenue and student-life standpoint, but pretty far down the "why the school exists" lists.

Watching him now. The kid is a winner. Strange delivery, but seems to work.

Back