What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO OLB Leilon Willingham (Signed to Central Florida)

Cabral always gets mentioned by Daigh in interviews. He is definitely involved with in-state recruiting, particularly as it relates to LBs.

Cabral always gets mentioned by Daigh in interviews. He is definitely involved with in-state recruiting, particularly as it relates to LBs.

I agree Nik and I have read the comments but my guess is that Cabral was not his primary contact. I hope, even under Hawkins, position coaches were/are involved in recruiting instate prospects. Just do not want this dropped on Cabral as there were way to many issues and outside factors that probably had much more impact on the kid's decision. Who knows, maybe we steal him back in the end after we give an entire staff more than 3 weeks of contact period.

Agreed. I think a lot of verbals can change between now and signing day, given the staff Embo has put together. I'm taking a wait and see attitude. Although "we'll see" should be a bannished phrase around here.

I never count on getting any of the Mullen kids until they actually solidly commit. Seems like a lot of them tend to have a kind of mercinary attitude.

If his cousin is playing at aTm, especially after getting the brush off from Hawkins staff, I can see him selling Leilion hard on coming down there. They also can sell the fact that the program is starting to win and that they have been working on him for a couple of years. It is hard to tell exactly what makes the difference for an 18 year old kid but this decision doesn't really surprise me.

I think next years class will be a whole different story with Embree, Bienemy, and the rest of the staff having a full year to work on guys. Now the big thing this program needs is to eliminate the embarassing losses and put some wins on the board. Do that and with the coaches personalities we will see some results.

Leilon actually had a great relationship with Hawkins. Cabral was his secondary recruiter.

Rivals reporting that Willingham is considering a visit to Boulder.

Just to bring us up to speed, remember that Willingham committed to A&M on Dec. 29 without visiting, but previously visited Washington and Arizona State.

No date has been published for his official visit.

AZ also published yesterday that Willingham has scheduled an OV for this coming weekend.

:gobuffs:

Very important to lock up Willingham. He has been the one guy I considered a must-get for this class from the beginning.

Managing to convince Willingham and Lucien to join this class would salvage the class, IMO. It would turn an abysmal class into a halfway decent one. Add in a cornerback or two, and it becomes solid.

Kind of interesting he's taking a visit to us before he takes one to A&M.. hopefully his Dad got that 200k I sent him and puts in some work for CU. :thumbsup:

Daddy will save thousands of bucks keeping his kid instate instead of making every game a travel game.

Just sayin'

There are many reasons to take a good look at CU, and I like the way his dad thinks.

I think it would be fair if we got a Diante Jackson type parential discount to make up for the one we lost in DJ with his mom. Just sayin.

Weren't we also in the running to steal Emory Blake away in that same recruiting class....he was the bigger home run as apparent in last nights game

Blake was stolen from us. Grimes was recruiting him for CU and when Auburn hired him away Blake switched his commitment.

Back