What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO QB Brock Berglund (Signed to Kansas)

The guy looks more like a WR or RB than a QB. How can he be ranked 26 QB in the country, and Dorman is NR.

Because recruiting services respond to interaction with the player and his coaches. If you don't send them tape, updates, links to news articles about the player, the player remains invisible to them. Recruiting is as much marketing as talent.

Because recruiting services respond to interaction with the player and his coaches. If you don't send them tape, updates, links to news articles about the player, the player remains invisible to them. Recruiting is as much marketing as talent.

Absolutely. Once you get past the top 100-150 guys, forget the ratings of the services. You've got to trust your coaches and your own eyes at that point.

Reading the tea leaves from afar, it seems to me like Embo told Brock that his CU offer was being taken back, but Embo wanted to give him the opportunity to leave on his own terms. Not sure what he didn't like about Brock, but it sure looks like there was something. Interesting too because I think Brock was Embree's first home visit after getting hired. Not sure if something happened during that visit that soured Embree or if he used it to let Brock know that he wouldn't be getting an offer. No way does a kid who grew up wanting to be a Buff, leave for KU if his CU offer was still good.

You dont think if he didnt have off the field issues he would still be going to Kansas do you?

I know I'm late on this one, but while I've heard that there may have been off the field issues, I have no clue what they are. Just sort of assumed it was our coping mechanism for having him slip through our fingers to blame misc "character issues" or academic problems.

I know I'm late on this one, but while I've heard that there may have been off the field issues, I have no clue what they are. Just sort of assumed it was our coping mechanism for having him slip through our fingers to blame misc "character issues" or academic problems.

No boogey man on this one he was kicked out of school.

who ****ed up the thread title?

2009-04-28-On-Situational-Innocence.gif

I just like posting random photos from the interwebz.

I understand not everybody wants to keep track of former commits who have gone elsewhere, but ...

Something's up with Brock already. Was supposed to be in school for spring, but the KS coaches have decided to have him wait to enroll, or something prompted him to withdraw. Anyway, he's not there at the moment. Back in Colorado. Cryptic.

I stumbled across this story:
KU QB leaves town, expects to return

Posted: March 2, 2011 - 7:54pm
- One of the headliners in Kansas' football recruiting class has returned home on what Kansas expects to be a temporary basis. Brock Berglund, a three-star quarterback from Highlands Ranch, Colo., signed with Kansas in the fall and had moved to Lawrence, enrolled in classes and intended to participate in spring football.

KS HC Turner Gill said in a release "Due to personal circumstances we have decided it is in his best interest to come in the summer with the rest of the outstanding 2011 recruiting class."

Or you can read this non premium Scout Story on same subject

Last edited:
This **** has I told you so written all over it. My $ says BB is a name we don't hear that often down the road.

Anonymous Internet Poster at AZ's site saying that Brock failed to show up for voluntary work outs at Kansas this summer and that the coaching staff there has soured on him. Not expected to take a single snap for KU, ever.

Anonymous Internet Poster at AZ's site saying that Brock failed to show up for voluntary work outs at Kansas this summer and that the coaching staff there has soured on him. Not expected to take a single snap for KU, ever.

Might be that Embree is on to something about the character of his football team.

Brock is a talented kid but it turns out that this is a commit I'm glad we lost.

Don't know why the laughter. I certainly am not cheering for Brock but at the same time it looks like he is unravelling. I never like to see someone screw up their life.

'Course on the other hand it is tini. About what I would expect.

Don't know why the laughter. I certainly am not cheering for Brock but at the same time it looks like he is unravelling. I never like to see someone screw up their life.

'Course on the other hand it is tini. About what I would expect.
It's more about how half of the board at least was flipping out when he committed to Kansas and now everyone is glad that he didn't sign with us.

You know, I would have no problem at all with it if Embree offered Brock an opportunity to walk on at CU, prove himself as a good citizen for a year, and then earn a scholarship if he met the criteria they agreed on. He and his family are big Buffs fans and I think sometimes all a guy needs is a humbling experience followed by an opportunity in the right environment. This is an 18 year old kid we're talking about and I'd hate to see him give up on things.

Back