What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO QB Brock Berglund (Signed to Kansas)

Having said that....it sounds like he needs to stay in state to go to school if he wants any shot at playing football or take a year or two off and get his life in order.

You know, I would have no problem at all with it if Embree offered Brock an opportunity to walk on at CU, prove himself as a good citizen for a year, and then earn a scholarship if he met the criteria they agreed on. He and his family are big Buffs fans and I think sometimes all a guy needs is a humbling experience followed by an opportunity in the right environment. This is an 18 year old kid we're talking about and I'd hate to see him give up on things.

Missing voluntary workouts and the whole recruiting process for him is a big concern. I don't believe he will want to walk on at CU, don't believe Embree would want him at this stage. i don't want him at CU, on scholarship or as walk on. Wish him well but at CU no thanks.

Missing voluntary workouts and the whole recruiting process for him is a big concern. I don't believe he will want to walk on at CU, don't believe Embree would want him at this stage. i don't want him at CU, on scholarship or as walk on. Wish him well but at CU no thanks.

most likely. Still, nothing wrong with giving him a chance to earn it.

I wonder if he just doesn't want to play football that bad. He's been playing since he was a little kid, he's been identified as the quarterback, the BMOC. Sometimes guys get tired of something and want a break.

If he does have a desire to play or he gets the desire back he is going to be in a tough situation. Not a lot of coaches would want to take a chance on a guy who has bailed out on his team and commitments. You also have to wonder if he has damaged himself academically and eligibilitywise.

If he does want to play he is probably going to have to either walk-on at at BCS level school or have a lower division school that is willing to take a shot on getting a D1 talent. I'm not sure that Embree welcomes him to Boulder with Dorman and now with Dillon coming in. CSU might but they have a couple of young QBs on schollie that they like so he would be down the pecking order. A logical posibility might be UNC. They aren't BCS level but they are FCS and they have a senior QB who will be leaving his starting job after this year. He wouldn't have to sit out a year so he could potentially compete for the back-up job right away and look to be the starter next year.

Going one step below that CSU-Pueblo is building a nice D2 program with some good coaches.

All assumes that he really wants to play football and is willing to do what it takes to play.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/jul/02/brock-berglund-wont-suit-ku/?sports

The official Kansas University football roster continues to list Brock Berglund as a freshman quarterback, but it’s time to speak the plain truth.
Berglund has as much chance of ever suiting up for a Kansas football game as does Lady Gaga, and, really now, can you ever see her agreeing to wear that much clothing?

Once he showed up on campus, teammates found him to be the personification of those boastful words. They put him in his place. Now, whether they did so with words or one player took it a step beyond is a matter of conjecture. Either way, he took his ball and went home.

wow. talk about attacking players.

Nah, just going snowboarding then hitting a boat... its gonna be awesome. I love Colorado.

Damn straight. Following in your footsteps.

[video=youtube;R7yfISlGLNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU[/video]

Yep, I was playing that in my office, and an unexpected 2-star (one I didn't recognize) poked his head in with raised eyebrows. I simultaneously tried to come to attention and hit pause and my pistol/holster got caught in the chair.

Thanks man--you couldn't have planned that any better.

Thats awesome. :woot: Fear me. My reach is long. Now, be honest. How long until you tried playing the video again? :lol:.

Damn straight. Following in your footsteps.

[video=youtube;R7yfISlGLNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU[/video]

Old, but good...

[video=youtube;K8S8U8wzYMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8S8U8wzYMc    [/video]

It will be interesting to see Brock Berglund and Steve Cutlip in a bar 25 years from now. Doing their I could have been a contender speeches.

Hmm maybe Embo and crew knew something we didnt. If his woman was being messed with, I dont blame him in a way.

Honestly if true more power to him, I'd do the same if my wife was being harassed.

I agree, to the point of stopping the harassment. Physical assault is another story. You (he) may feel righteous, but that doesn't make it right.

Honestly if true more power to him, I'd do the same if my wife was being harassed.

Agree with you that if the situation calls for it you have to step up. At the same time the problem is that you have to be smart enough to stay out of those situations in the first place. It is not always the case but usually the problem comes from being in what you should have known is the wrong place at the wrong time. Stay out of the situation, recognize and get out of the situations.

Brock my be a very good guy but he has repeatedly shown bad judgement since he has been in the public eye. I hope everything works out for him but I am also glad at this point that Embree decided to go a different direction.

Video of the Assault

I did some searching and found the security video of Brock's alleged assault. Looks pretty cut and dried to me. It also looks like Brock has not been working out this summer.

here is the link

I think the first word should be "dominant". You missed out on your cheap attempt for Dazed rep. Whore.

images

Back