What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO QB Brock Berglund (Signed to Kansas)

Yeah it seems like Hundley is definitely the hottest QB prospect we're after. It was actually sounding pretty good for us with him awhile back.

who is this hundley kid? searched the site but didn't find anything.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php?36118-11-AZ-QB-Brett-Hundley

Best place to look is always the stickied thread for 2011 Commitments and Recruits Profile Index: http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/32886-2011-Commitments-amp-Recruit-Profile-Index. That's got links to every profile we've done for his recruiting cycle. And if there's ever someone we should profile and haven't, please send me a Private Message. :thumbsup:

I've seen him play several times. He's not the 6-3 he's listed at, at least not last year. He throws a good ball, is athletic and has a great coaching staff. They came from Orange Lutheran in California and have produced several Division I quarterbacks (Aaron Corp most recently).
The most telling thing will be how well he performs against 4A competition this year. The gap between 3A and 4A is huge in Colorado. Valor was far and away the best team in Class 3A last season. If he's able to duplicate or come near last year's stats, I'd feel much better about him.

berglund has quite a bit of controversy surrounding him on the rivals Colorado prep site

Like to see him play, I really like the Hundley kid however. I doubt we get him though. His comp is a factor but it doesnt tell the whole story. Seen plenty of small hs guys end up being very good.

Regarding his potential?

Regarding why he didn't finish the basketball season. The best intel I have is that he did something deemed inappropriate for a high school athlete at a private Christian high school, and they felt he needed to quit the team, which he did. But in the larger picture, it was not a deal-breaker for CU or any football team.

Hundley... Arizona...

Any relation to Ricky? Yikes. That guy was just this side of Lawrence Taylor in the character department.

That was Ricky Hunley (no "d"). I don't recall anything about his character, but Hunley never came close to living up to his potential on the field. He was a bust.

Last edited:
Didn't he become a LB coach at Mizzou?

Yes, among others:

He coached on the collegiate level at the University of Southern California (1992–93), University of Missouri (1994–2000), and University of Florida (2001).
He started his NFL coaching career through the NFL Minority Fellowship Coaching Program in 2002 as the defensive line coach for the Washington Redskins under Steve Spurrier, where he met Marvin Lewis. He then moved to Linebackers coach under Lewis for the Cincinnati Bengals from 2003 to 2007; he was fired after a disappointing season and a flurry of player injuries and suspensions. He also served on the board of directors for the Black Coaches Association.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Hunley

Brock's been racking up the offers lately. That UCLA offer is worrying me.

More on UCLA offer:

Quick chat with Brock Berglund

By Jon Gold on June 9, 2010 1:01 PM

Brock Berglund called just before running into practice, but we got caught off after a couple questions. We'll pick it back up later or tomorrow, but here are a couple of quotes from the Colorado quarterback, who looked very impressive at UCLA's one-day camp on Sunday.
Berglund is a major priority for the Bruins, and he was ecstatic about the offer he received Sunday night.

How was the camp?
Brock Berglund: "I loved the camp. It was great being with Coach Chow and Coach Neuheisel, seeing how they coached. That was a big reason I went down there, to see how they interacted with me. It was a success to go down and get an offer. I threw a lot of balls, so it was a little hard to throw, but I was pretty pleased with my performance."
Given UCLA's need for a quarterback and their obvious interest, how excited are you about the offer?
BB: "Extremely excited about the offer. I've probably wanted to go there since I was 6 years old. Right now they really need a QB for 2011. They're open. They have a lot of sophomores, and the way the position will open up soon, this is a big class for them. He needs a guy who can lead the program for a lot of years. And coach Neuheisel sees that in me."

Wait what? I thought he was a Buff fan since childhood? Now he has wanted to go to UCLA since he was 6? :pissed:

What happened to Richard Breahaut? I thought he was the next big thing the great Rick was going to mold into a Heisman winning first round draft pick?

One thing that may be helping us here is that we're going to lose the Brett Hundley sweepstakes. CU didn't make his top 5 (per ESPN), but UCLA did. Let's hope that Brett signs with the Bruins and we get Brock.

Not completely sure on this, but I am pretty sure that Brock Berglund was on a Southwest flight from Denver to Salt Lake yesterday afternoon, with what appeared to be his girlfriend. I went to the Utah site on Rivals and they show he camped there June 5-6 and did well. I wonder if the Utes are trying to close him?

Not completely sure on this, but I am pretty sure that Brock Berglund was on a Southwest flight from Denver to Salt Lake yesterday afternoon, with what appeared to be his girlfriend. I went to the Utah site on Rivals and they show he camped there June 5-6 and did well. I wonder if the Utes are trying to close him?

stalker.... :smile2:

Another bit from ESPN that doesn't sound good at all:

"My top three schools were Arizona State, Oregon and UCLA," Berglund said. "ASU just took a commitment and Oregon has two. I really like UCLA a lot right now and I could commit there by the weekend."

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/features/rumors

ESPN Rumors is saying that Berglund tried to commit, but UCLA wouldn't accept it. The Bruins are still hopeful that they'll land Hundley. However, it looks likely that Hundley will choose to go to Arizona. This many not, however, mean that Berglund goes to UCLA. It seems that Norm Chow is higher on Rivers (younger brother to the Chargers' Phillip, who Chow coached). UCLA may take Rivers over Berglund if it loses Hundley.

I'm very happy with Nick Sherry and given a choice between the two I would take Nick. That said I would be pumped if Brock decides to go to CU as well. I think both are guys with a lot of upside and the competion would make them both better. I would also like to see us establish a strong connection with Valor which looks like it is going to be a talent producer in Colorado.

ESPN Rumors is saying that Berglund tried to commit, but UCLA wouldn't accept it. The Bruins are still hopeful that they'll land Hundley. However, it looks likely that Hundley will choose to go to Arizona. This many not, however, mean that Berglund goes to UCLA. It seems that Norm Chow is higher on Rivers (younger brother to the Chargers' Phillip, who Chow coached). UCLA may take Rivers over Berglund if it loses Hundley.
He should tell ucla to go to heck.

Back