What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 FL SF DeAndre Daniels (Verbal to UConn)

The fact that he seems to be so indecisive with his decision probably works in our favor. He also has a suprisingly low amount of offers. Quality ones, but not much quanity. Still has two visits remaining. Its a long shot, but stranger things have happened.

He has had many offers over his recruitment - what you're seeing is an updated list...not sure how they compiled it, but it's promising that it shows CU. Still...I don't think he's coming here. For what it's worth, apparently Duke's interest is actually serious...which is still really surprising to me. He is a great talent, but Duke has another signee that can fill his position. And they have another kid in next year's class that is his mold. Both are higher rated players.

CU still has a lot to prove before it steals players like this, unless Boyle is a better recruiter than I thought or Dinwiddie's friendship is better than I thought. DeAndre is a top tier talent, and he will most likely go to a perenniel top-25 program. Sorry to keep sounding pessimistic about this kid.

He has had many offers over his recruitment - what you're seeing is an updated list...not sure how they compiled it, but it's promising that it shows CU. Still...I don't think he's coming here. For what it's worth, apparently Duke's interest is actually serious...which is still really surprising to me. He is a great talent, but Duke has another signee that can fill his position. And they have another kid in next year's class that is his mold. Both are higher rated players.

CU still has a lot to prove before it steals players like this, unless Boyle is a better recruiter than I thought or Dinwiddie's friendship is better than I thought. DeAndre is a top tier talent, and he will most likely go to a perenniel top-25 program. Sorry to keep sounding pessimistic about this kid.

I think everyone is pessimistic. Stranger things have happened, though.

Apparently it's down to UT, KU and Duke. No more Kentucky... This is a really odd recruitment. He should have been in both Lexington and Lawrence by now. I actually hope Duke doesn't take this kid, but Coach K is Coach K. He gets to do whatever he wants, because well...he's earned it.

The rumor all along was that he wanted to go to Texas, but his dad didn't like the idea. I think he gets his wish and eventually plays in Austin. disclaimer: I'm am no Buffnik or BB with bball recruiting like they are with football...i.e. I know ****.

UT just took Kevin Thomas. That's 7 commitments (4 forwards, 2 shooting guards, 1 point guard). I don't see how they possibly have room. They have 5 seniors and all of the recruits except for Thomas are already signed.

I have thought that Kansas should have landed him for the past few months. Since they haven't, I wonder if something isn't clicking there. I believe Daniels is Duke's if they make a strong move.

CU waits in the wings if Duke and KU don't materialize.

UT just took Kevin Thomas. That's 7 commitments (4 forwards, 2 shooting guards, 1 point guard). I don't see how they possibly have room. They have 5 seniors and all of the recruits except for Thomas are already signed.

I have thought that Kansas should have landed him for the past few months. Since they haven't, I wonder if something isn't clicking there. I believe Daniels is Duke's if they make a strong move.

CU waits in the wings if Duke and KU don't materialize.

Quincy Russell and MJ McFarland are football recruits. It'll be interesting to see if they play bball too, but they won't be counting against the bball total. UT does have five seniors this year to replace, plus Hamilton and Thompson if they declare. Both though stated that they will return next year, and I definitely believe that Thompson is returning. He played with Kabongo, who will be a top freshman next season, in HS.

How does Duke look right now, DeAndre?

Be a Buff, man. Pac-12 is where it's at!

let me taste your front running tears, DMD.

...umm, I don't know if this just one of those phrases that I just don't know about...but...eww...no...

Random place to find **** talking, but whatever...bring it on. Arizona played great 2nd half...and by great I mean that they shot incredible, which opened up the floor. Good luck keeping that hot streak.

As for Daniels...lots of Duke fans are feeling pretty confident about him. If Duke is seriously recruiting him, which I still find hard to believe, than he may be headed to Durham. IMG is directed by former Duke player Andy Borman, so that's how Duke is on him this late.

I wish that more of our former players coached in the HS and college ranks. Mosley is the only one I can think of. Humphries was coaching in the NBADL...don't know where he is now. We could use random former players helping CU out with recruiting.

...umm, I don't know if this just one of those phrases that I just don't know about...but...eww...no...

Random place to find **** talking, but whatever...bring it on. Arizona played great 2nd half...and by great I mean that they shot incredible, which opened up the floor. Good luck keeping that hot streak.

As for Daniels...lots of Duke fans are feeling pretty confident about him. If Duke is seriously recruiting him, which I still find hard to believe, than he may be headed to Durham. IMG is directed by former Duke player Andy Borman, so that's how Duke is on him this late.

I wish that more of our former players coached in the HS and college ranks. Mosley is the only one I can think of. Humphries was coaching in the NBADL...don't know where he is now. We could use random former players helping CU out with recruiting.
its just fun to give you **** from time to time

its just fun to give you **** from time to time

Yeah. How often do Buff hoops fans get to rag on Duke fans that we're still playing while you're not?

But back on topic...

Boulder would be a great situation for Daniels. Our last IMG player, Cory Higgins, can attest to that. Cory's about to set the all-time career scoring record among other records he now holds.

And pretty much every basketball expert I've heard (especially Bobby Knight) has raved about how well-coached Tad Boyle's teams are. He's a great teacher who knows it from a player's perspective.

DeAndre named his "top 5" and were not in it. So much for that.

That Rivals article ran on March 21st. The Kent State game that had the mystery visitor who may have been Daniels and said he was kind of blown away by how much he liked it... was on March 22nd.

I don't think we're signing Daniels. I am saying, though, that if it was Daniels who attended that night who Hastings was talking about, then this thing is far from over.

That Rivals article ran on March 21st. The Kent State game that had the mystery visitor who may have been Daniels and said he was kind of blown away by how much he liked it... was on March 22nd.

I don't think we're signing Daniels. I am saying, though, that if it was Daniels who attended that night who Hastings was talking about, then this thing is far from over.

Ok but if rivals is interviewing him about what schools he is considering and he's planning on visiting CU the next day dont you think that would have come up in the conversation?

And could you fill me in on the mystery visitor thing. Ive been away the past week and dont see a thread about it. Thanks.

Even though I think most of us are being reasonable about the likelihood of DD coming here, I still have always wanted to kill this thread. NOT because I didn't want Daniels at CU, but I just think we've always had no shot.

So with that light intro - supposedly Daniels is scheduling a visit for early April to Duke, where he will be offered a scholarship (rumors are that Coach K already has offered). At that time, he is supposedly going to commit, but that's coming from confident Duke fans' perspectives.

Even though I think most of us are being reasonable about the likelihood of DD coming here, I still have always wanted to kill this thread. NOT because I didn't want Daniels at CU, but I just think we've always had no shot.

So with that light intro - supposedly Daniels is scheduling a visit for early April to Duke, where he will be offered a scholarship (rumors are that Coach K already has offered). At that time, he is supposedly going to commit, but that's coming from confident Duke fans' perspectives.
how many times are you going to make the same damn post in this thread? we get it already.

probably at least ten more times until he eventually ends up committing to CU and making me eat crow...

...... supposedly Daniels is scheduling a visit for early April to Duke, where he will be offered a scholarship (rumors are that Coach K already has offered). At that time, he is supposedly going to commit, but that's coming from confident Duke fans' perspectives.

Uh huh, and I bet the "confident fans" believe MJ would commit to coach K if he still had eligibility left -- unc be damned!

DMD - I never really believed we were in the ball park with Daniels. I hoped, but I didn't really believe. In a couple of years, maybe....... (if Boyle sticks around)

A couple excerpts from Rivals article yesterday:

So now Daniels will decide between Kansas, Texas, Duke, Florida, San Diego State and Colorado

The latest wrinkle in Daniels' recruitment is the move by Duke recruit Alex Murphy to the 2011 class. Although Murphy is the same size and position as Daniels, he says that Murphy will have no bearing on his decision.

Fingers Crossed...... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Good work by Boyle and Staff getting on the final list.

So with Alex Burks leaving ... he can join a program that has a great coach and that has demonstrated the ability to fast track a top talented guy the become a lottery pick in the NBA draft ... he would have a similar opportunity to Alex in that the program is rebuilding. Couple that with his old buddy Dinwiddie feeding him the ball in a featured role next year with all of the established stars form last year gone. All of this seems to me to be in favor of CU getting him ... and maybe he was waiting on signing with Duke or anybody else until he saw how the Burks decision went down. I am hopeful.

for what it's worth, I've heard that Oregon is also in the mix now.

If CU pulls the upset and gets the commit...I hope expectations on this kid are tempered. While there is a lot of potential I guess, I honestly don't see this kid that good his freshman season. He has a lot of work to do on his game in my opinion.

Here's hoping that he chooses CU and makes me eat crow. I really don't think he's choosing Duke - he was there for the bball banquet, and he didn't commit. Then Murphy decided to enroll early. This kid's recruitment has been really odd and played out way too long.

Back