What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 FL SF DeAndre Daniels (Verbal to UConn)

He is definitely not good enough to be one-and-done. He will be at a program for three years, in spite of what he thinks about how good he is. He is a very good talent, but he is nowhere close to one-and-done. He has a lot to develop, court-wise and based on his recruitment - lifewise. I do not want this kid for CU.
Well since you were right about the kids from Co Springs I'll trust you on this :lol:
(Sarcasm)

Last edited:
He is definitely not good enough to be one-and-done. He will be at a program for three years, in spite of what he thinks about how good he is. He is a very good talent, but he is nowhere close to one-and-done. He has a lot to develop, court-wise and based on his recruitment - lifewise. I do not want this kid for CU.

What is he like Stephenson from Cincinnati? A good player that thinks he is a great player already.

Valid concerns. I'd want to know that he's committed to fulfilling his responsibilities in the classroom and that he's willing to play defense and commit to the team concept. If I'm Duke, maybe I pass on him. But I'm talking about the CU program here. Last year, we got to the point where it's fair to say we were in the top half of programs from the Big 6 conferences. This year, the question is whether we can stay there or even build on it with a NCAA Tourney appearance. If we can get a guy like Daniels, it goes a long way toward getting us there. Frankly, I'd be pissing my pants if he announced for CU.

Well since you were right about the kids from Co Springs I'll trust you on this :lol:
(Sarcasm)

I fully admit to being too harsh on Scott (I actually was intrigued by Gordon), but the big difference between Daniels and Scott is that Daniels' game is well documented. Scott was so unknown that all we had to go by were his HS stats...which showed a drop-off against good HS competition. Daniels - he's been well known for awhile. He is good...very good. He presents matchup problems like few can. However, he just isn't as good as his peers, and he needs to develop a lot. Additionally, his recruitment has to annoy a lot of coaches.

I don't know the kid personally, so I wish him the best. But the fact he still hasn't committed to a program and the odd way he's handled his recruitment are very alarming to me. I would politely tell this kid no thanks. Buffnik - I expected a tourny bid last year, but this year, there is no way in my opinion that we are going dancing - even NIT. This year will be a rebuilding year where we develop talent and see what we've got (I know you probably think the same, but your post hints that perhaps you're expecting more??). I think we have decent players on the squad, and I'd hate to disrupt the team with someone that potentially puts himself over the team. Maybe I'm getting Daniels all wrong and he's actually just really confused...but I personally think CU could do without him.

I don't know what to expect this year. I like the pieces. I don't know how quickly they fit together or where we might see holes as the season progresses. Last year, we definitely had more holes but we also had a superstar who helped us get over in spite of that.

I think the holes will be less obvious in the Pac 12 as compared to the Big 12. Not having great size hurt us in Big 12, Pac 12 is more comparable to our size and we could have some advantages with Harris-Tunks and Dufault if they play up to their potential.

I am worried about our outside shooting not knowing exactly what Brown and Chen are going to give us. I think Dinwiddie will be a huge upgrade at point guard, but who will take the tough shots....Brown, Adams, ?

Defensively I hope we are better and that is what Boyle builds this team on in much the same way Turgeon built the Texas A&M program.

Per Adam from Rivals:

Adam said:
Daniels has told CU they are in his top three, but of course he has not said that publicly.

So yeah. Hopes up again, but not too high. My uninformed opinion is, at this point Daniels is just keeping his options open. Gotta believe having Dinwiddie on campus and using the new practice facility for summer workouts helps our cause. Summers in Boulder can be very persuasive.

everytimeithin128582182021268923.jpg

I don't know what to expect this year. I like the pieces. I don't know how quickly they fit together or where we might see holes as the season progresses. Last year, we definitely had more holes but we also had a superstar who helped us get over in spite of that.

sorry Nik we'll be playing in something worse than the NIT if at all in the post season.

sorry Nik we'll be playing in something worse than the NIT if at all in the post season.

Can we at least wait until we see the schedule before we make these types of predictions?

If it sets up for double-digit wins in the non-conference along with some high quality losses (Puerto Rico tourney), we'll have time to grow and be ready for Pac-12 play. There is reason for hope. We do have talent.

Can we at least wait until we see the schedule before we make these types of predictions?

If it sets up for double-digit wins in the non-conference along with some high quality losses (Puerto Rico tourney), we'll have time to grow and be ready for Pac-12 play. There is reason for hope. We do have talent.

agreed on the talent and i really like the new kids, I guess it all comes down to what the transfers bring to the table.

agreed on the talent and i really like the new kids, I guess it all comes down to what the transfers bring to the table.

It's hard to know until we see them play together. I have heard people close to the program say that Carlon Brown was the best player on the court in practices last year and that both Dinwiddie and Cain would have been starting for us in 2010 if they hadn't still been in high school. Shane was also a 2010 starter who was out.

I just hope it all comes together. But the way Boyle's squad continually improved as the season went along last year is what gives me hope. I'm really hoping that we don't struggle too much early.

heard his name on a UConn game recap and thought I would post his stats:

he has played two games

versus Columbia 18 minutes 1-3 FG (0-2 from 3) for 2 points, 5 boards, 3 blocks and 2 turnovers
versus Wagner 26 minutes 2-2 FG (2-2 from 3) for 11 points (5-6 on FT), 5 boards, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 2 turnovers

Back