What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 FL SF DeAndre Daniels (Verbal to UConn)

for what it's worth, I've heard that Oregon is also in the mix now.

If CU pulls the upset and gets the commit...I hope expectations on this kid are tempered. While there is a lot of potential I guess, I honestly don't see this kid that good his freshman season. He has a lot of work to do on his game in my opinion.

Here's hoping that he chooses CU and makes me eat crow. I really don't think he's choosing Duke - he was there for the bball banquet, and he didn't commit. Then Murphy decided to enroll early. This kid's recruitment has been really odd and played out way too long.

so he sucks because he didn't commit to Duke. gotcha.

I don't see him going to Oregon. They've brought in a monster class and my read on Daniels is that he wants to start as a frosh and be one of the go to guys on offense.

CU's actually a nice fit for him, all things considered. I think he'd be happy here. And I know that Buff hoops fans would embrace him like no other fan base. Signing Daniels would be such a big deal for us.

for what it's worth, I've heard that Oregon is also in the mix now.

If CU pulls the upset and gets the commit...I hope expectations on this kid are tempered. While there is a lot of potential I guess, I honestly don't see this kid that good his freshman season. He has a lot of work to do on his game in my opinion.

Here's hoping that he chooses CU and makes me eat crow. I really don't think he's choosing Duke - he was there for the bball banquet, and he didn't commit. Then Murphy decided to enroll early. This kid's recruitment has been really odd and played out way too long.

Now, that part, I absolutely agree with. Is there a deadline for a decision here?

Last edited:
so he sucks because he didn't commit to Duke. gotcha.

wow...way to read my post through Duke-hating glasses...

I think Daniels has the potential to be a lottery pick, but I do not see him being that caliber his freshman season. All I'm saying is that if CU beats the huge odds and gets this kid, and then he only contributes 8 ppg, don't hate on him. He's really good with great potential, but he's not a one-and-done type of talent.

I think Daniels has the potential to be a lottery pick, but I do not see him being that caliber his freshman season. All I'm saying is that if CU beats the huge odds and gets this kid, and then he only contributes 8 ppg, don't hate on him. He's really good with great potential, but he's not a one-and-done type of talent.

Good point. Take Perry Jones of Baylor, for example. If he had come out for the draft, he would have been one of the top 3 picks. But he averaged under 14 ppg as a true frosh and had some games where he disappeared (with some monster games, too). Daniels is likely to have some 5 pts or less nights as a frosh with him also going for 15-20 on nights when it's clicking and he has a good matchup. Frankly, that would be a great freshman year. You can't realistically hope for more than that.

any news on this guy? he must have to declare soon right?

I'll be more surprised when he does commit as to whom...he's taken two recruiting seasons and been speculated to be pretty much a done deal to three teams (UK, UT, and KU). To be fair to him, recent times have been silent due to the death of his grandfather about a month ago. His family does seem to important to him - at least his dad is putting his hand in the recruiting it seems.

any chance he doesn't sign due to not qualifying?

I don't think so. I think he's fully qualified, but even if he wasn't - that hasn't stopped bball coaches before, including a coach he was almost dead set on playing for (Cal, the second most vile successful coach of all time)

not that too many of you care, but supposedly it's now down to KU and UT (Duke got dropped from the final three). I hope he figures stuff out soon and just starts playing ball and appreciating the opporunities before him.

Did not sign by the May 18th deadline for the signing period.

This has been a bizarre recruitment.

Recruiting is too damn confusing. I'm going to go back to just agreeing with whatever you & Snow say when it comes to that.

I'm confused on this one, too. I can't find the info on what changes when the signing period ends. Maybe there's a difference with coach contact, visits, etc. But it looks like it's not a limitation on when someone can sign.

I'm confused on this one, too. I can't find the info on what changes when the signing period ends. Maybe there's a difference with coach contact, visits, etc. But it looks like it's not a limitation on when someone can sign.

I read that those who miss the signing date can still sign a non-binding grant in aide at any time. I suppose that the difference here is the the University (and I suppose thee player) is not bound to the agreement in the sense that the University must provide a scholarship to the player. I am not aware of the terms regarding the player's options in that case ... I think that he may be a little difficult for whoever lands him in the end.

Just consulted my trusty source Google. No one seems to know what his plans are or if he's leaning in a certain direction. There are rumors that he will announce his decision at a tournament this weekend. Also rumors that Oklahoma St. and Connecticut are now in the mix.

Rumor that Kansas is out because Self doesn't feature or develop wing players and Daniels wants to be the focal point with a good opportunity of taking his game to the NBA after a year.

UConn may have jumped in here now.

Damn how hard is it to pick a school that you'll only be at for a year?

He is definitely not good enough to be one-and-done. He will be at a program for three years, in spite of what he thinks about how good he is. He is a very good talent, but he is nowhere close to one-and-done. He has a lot to develop, court-wise and based on his recruitment - lifewise. I do not want this kid for CU.

Back