What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 AZ DE Kisima Jagne (Verbal to ASU)

He took some sort of test a week or two back. Must be a class he needed or a repeat? ACT/SAT tests don't exist in the summer months.

Since it's a GPA combo plus STandardized Test score, I'd assume he was trying to improve his GPA and that if he doesn't quite get that high enough, he could focus on improving his ACT/SAT scores in the fall while not enrolled. This would work if he was close and was serious about improving it.

Oh Please. Oh Please.
cat-fud.jpg

Be true.

It's only 2 weeks away from camp. Even if he made it on campus today that's quite the transition. I'm just hoping for a grayshirt

#andresimmons

He'd be too far behind to catch up. It's either this fall camp, or ship sailed.

Pac-12 allows us to accept a partial qualifier per NCAA rules. He may have to sit out from all team activities this fall, but he could be on campus and on scholarship.

Permanently ineligible for financial aid, practice, and competition unless
designated as one of school's 4 nonqualifiers (2 male, 2 female, 1 per sport)
per year who have been granted partial relief by the NCAA Initial-Eligibility
Waivers Committee, permitting them to receive aid and/or practice. Designate
S-A when athletically related aid is awarded; otherwise in first year of
enrollment or practice/competition. Then use other applicable NCAA rules.

http://compliance.pac-12.org/thetools/qnqtab.pdf

Pac-12 allows us to accept a partial qualifier per NCAA rules. He may have to sit out from all team activities this fall, but he could be on campus and on scholarship.

Permanently ineligible for financial aid, practice, and competition unless
designated as one of school's 4 nonqualifiers (2 male, 2 female, 1 per sport)
per year who have been granted partial relief by the NCAA Initial-Eligibility
Waivers Committee, permitting them to receive aid and/or practice. Designate
S-A when athletically related aid is awarded; otherwise in first year of
enrollment or practice/competition. Then use other applicable NCAA rules.

http://compliance.pac-12.org/thetools/qnqtab.pdf
My point was that he'd be behind already in the fall, would have to make that up on top of a full load fall/spring/(and likely) summer for a guy who is an academic risk already. I want him on the team badly, just being realistic.

I wouldn't worry about him getting behind in the football classroom. He's a rush end. His job is pretty simple. Get to the QB! They may only throw him out there in passing downs.

Basically, Talent trumps Knowledge.

RB and DE are two of the easier positions for Freshman to come in and understand the position.

its nothing earth shattering. its good news, but he still won't be here in the fall.

Then here's an idea, if you want to share content from a premium site then share it. Don't drop a hint and leave it at that (this is aimed at you Creatini, not sweaty teets).

Then here's an idea, if you want to share content from a premium site then share it. Don't drop a hint and leave it at that (this is aimed at you Creatini, not sweaty teets).
Well there's the 24 hour rule and if I would have dropped a hint, it would have pretty much given it all away. It's not a article or anything, or I would have posted something from it. Get over it.

Well there's the 24 hour rule and if I would have dropped a hint, it would have pretty much given it all away. It's not a article or anything, or I would have posted something from it. Get over it.

I know there is a 24 hour rule. Share your thumbs up on the premium site. I'll be over it at about the 24 hour mark.

I know there is a 24 hour rule. Share your thumbs up on the premium site. I'll be over it at about the 24 hour mark.
Or you know I could link the post over here with the thumbs up and once the 24 hour rule is up someone or I can say what it was about. It's tough to post a teaser from a couple sentence post regarding Jagne. People post links all the time, some have a teaser, some don't. This one didn't because it would have given it away. You sound like Rugged when I posted a teaser a month ago or so. Get over it.

Don't give tini' grief on this one.

I want to know what going on with Kisima as much as anyone else who isn't willing to put up the bucks for a premium site membership. Tini was letting us know that there was an article posted and that some news would be coming.

The junta had a hard enough time earlier on getting tini to not violate the forum rules on premium content. Now that he is following them I'm good with it. All he did is let us know that there was some news on him and the thumbs up indicated that the news was positive. I'm fine with how he handled it.

At this point, the info is dated enough to not be considered an exclusive. I've seen it on other premium boards.

AZ has said that Jagne is qualified and could actually enroll this semester but is delaying until January.

Allegedly, Jagne got his test score about 2 weeks ago.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, though, unless the coaches figured that the NCAA Clearinghouse might delay into September or if there was fear that CU Admissions wouldn't allow Jagne in without him first taking some makeup classes this fall.

At this point, the info is dated enough to not be considered an exclusive. I've seen it on other premium boards.

AZ has said that Jagne is qualified and could actually enroll this semester but is delaying until January.

Allegedly, Jagne got his test score about 2 weeks ago.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, though, unless the coaches figured that the NCAA Clearinghouse might delay into September or if there was fear that CU Admissions wouldn't allow Jagne in without him first taking some makeup classes this fall.
There was a lot of rumor about the school not wanting to let him in at all even though he was gonna qualify. I wonder if this was the compromise reached so he can focus on academics for a bit.

Back