What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA DT Justin Solis (Signed to Colorado)

Another interesting pickup. Nice pass rushing DT who looks like he could also play DE in a 3-4.

Nothing to say except, :woot:

Awesome!!! This is easily the second best get for this staff. Massive position of need, great player, great program he's coming from.

193 tackles and 17 sacks as a Junior in case anyone is wondering if he can play. Factor in he plays in one of the best leagues in California and I think we got a pretty decent player.

correction: I thought that was ridiculous. those stats are combined junior and sophomore statistics.

Last edited:
Pretty cool background story from the NY Times from November 27, 2010.

I'd like to start by saying **** YEAH! Welcome to the Buffaloes Justin.

Sounds like he might need to get his grades up a little. 2.5 is a low GPA and I'm not sure what CU's admission standards are. However, it does sound like he has good people looking after him so he'll have some help raising that number.

Henington and Solis will form a formidable DT pairing.

and Ironkansi will form a formidable DL pairing.

Recruiting now picking up, had no doubt, we still have 15-17 scholarships, with a couple of guys planning to enroll early.

Seems like a good prospect, I'm actually wondering why we didn't offer him? Good get for you guys, better a Buff than a bRuin.

Seems like a good prospect, I'm actually wondering why we didn't offer him? Good get for you guys, better a Buff than a bRuin.

Man, we got a lot to learn in the pac 12. Apparently they use bRUIN. I personally prefer fucla.

I think you did? Please tell me you guys aren't mini-Cornhuskers and going to come on here every time we get a commit that had an offer from you and act like you guys didn't really want him.

Awesome!!! This is easily the second best get for this staff. Massive position of need, great player, great program he's coming from.

193 tackles and 17 sacks as a Junior in case anyone is wondering if he can play. Factor in he plays in one of the best leagues in California and I think we got a pretty decent player.

correction: I thought that was ridiculous. those stats are combined junior and sophomore statistics.

Couldn't find stats for Irokansi, but last season Solis, Henington and Norgard combined for a total of 300+ tackles and 34 sacks between the three of them. Good stuff when they all hit the field together!

FYI, Solis's Nana is apparently checking out CU boards. If legit, she showed up at AZ's site tonight. If legit, she reported that Coach marshall was the lead recruiter for Solis, but that his recruitment was a team effort.

(mods, I don't think random things posted by random people on premium sites are "premium content" as in produced by said site... let me know if wrong).

Those of us (ahem, me) who have been dissing coach marshall recently apparently are gonna have to eat a little crow...

"It's a beautiful campus and I really like the coaching staff," he told ESPN Recruiting's Greg Biggins. "I know the program has been down a bit but I think the staff in place has what it takes to turn things around. UCLA is a great school too and they were the local favorite. It came down to those two schools for me but I just felt CU was the best fit and I liked the idea of going away for college and experiencing something new."

espn.com

Pretty cool background story from the NY Times from November 27, 2010.

Great find zbuff, thanks for posting. It is becoming a little more clear why he chose boulder:

Justin lives with his grandmother Barbara Owens, a self-styled hippie from the ’60s whose answering-machine message ends with “peace and love,”

Go Grandma!!!:hippie:

Back