What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA DT Justin Solis (Signed to Colorado)

FYI, Solis's Nana is apparently checking out CU boards. If legit, she showed up at AZ's site tonight. If legit, she reported that Coach marshall was the lead recruiter for Solis, but that his recruitment was a team effort.

(mods, I don't think random things posted by random people on premium sites are "premium content" as in produced by said site... let me know if wrong).

Those of us (ahem, me) who have been dissing coach marshall recently apparently are gonna have to eat a little crow...

Was her name Nana Shmarshall?

Was her name Nana Shmarshall?

I don't know, but the picture of them in the kitchen from the NYT article......G-Ma looks pretty good to me! She seemed pretty cute. And not at all what you think of when you visualize the word 'Grandma'. Hippy lifestyle has been good to her.

I don't know, but the picture of them in the kitchen from the NYT article......G-Ma looks pretty good to me! She seemed pretty cute. And not at all what you think of when you visualize the word 'Grandma'. Hippy lifestyle has been good to her.
It was a joke, goofball.

Man, we got a lot to learn in the pac 12. Apparently they use bRUIN. I personally prefer fucla.

Why restrict ourselves? I like the new and the old, damn those fucla bRuins.

I think you did? Please tell me you guys aren't mini-Cornhuskers and going to come on here every time we get a commit that had an offer from you and act like you guys didn't really want him.

So far, it's only Prince doing that...

The Oaks Christian v Westlake game was on TV the other night. Solis looked great. He was constantly pushing the pocket and even snuck through for a forced fumble and a sack. Can't wait to get this kid on campus.

Following the game, the big tackle reiterated that he’s a 100 percent committed to Colorado.

“I can’t wait to get there,” Solis said. “I know they’re struggling right now, but when our recruiting class gets there, we’re going to change things around. I think they’re just a couple of players away from being a good team and I’m looking forward to being a piece of that puzzle.

“I took my official visit in September and loved it there. It’s a great college town, I loved the fans, the stadium, the game atmosphere, basically everything about the place was great. I love the coaching staff and I really feel Coach [Jon] Embree and the rest of the guys are the coaching who can turn CU back in to a powerhouse.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=84

Following the game, the big tackle reiterated that he’s a 100 percent committed to Colorado.

“I can’t wait to get there,” Solis said. “I know they’re struggling right now, but when our recruiting class gets there, we’re going to change things around. I think they’re just a couple of players away from being a good team and I’m looking forward to being a piece of that puzzle.

“I took my official visit in September and loved it there. It’s a great college town, I loved the fans, the stadium, the game atmosphere, basically everything about the place was great. I love the coaching staff and I really feel Coach [Jon] Embree and the rest of the guys are the coaching who can turn CU back in to a powerhouse.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=84

We need this kid to start talking to some of our other targets...we need recruiting momentum desperately.

[video=youtube;i7iSPsu8E3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iSPsu8E3g&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;i7iSPsu8E3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iSPsu8E3g&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Highlights
"Were gonna get out recruiting class in there and were gonna do big things"
"We gonna do it Colorado, we gonna do it"

Between him, Payne, and Dillon, we have three presences in Socal that are areally pushing CU. Gotta love it. Hopefully just an extension of guys that Embree will be bringing into town.

Dude can play too, he was wreckin **** in the game I saw. We need more dlinemen like him.

I have been impressed with Hennington's motor in the games I've watched. A couple offseason's of S&C and they both could be steals.

I have been impressed with Hennington's motor in the games I've watched. A couple offseason's of S&C and they both could be steals.
Yeah seen Henington as well and like him. I long for the day when we can rotate 7 or 8 guys and not have much drop off. We arent recruiting every position well but Ive liked what we've done so far on the dline. Just need a few more.

"When we get our recruiting class in there, we are gonna do big things."

How can you not love this kid? Combine talent, leadership, confidence and throw in some insane energy, I'll take it. Have you noticed the class of 2012 has a great vibe about them? You can tell the staff is recruiting a certain type of personality this year, really upbeat and willing to put in the work to get the job done. (And I don't mean any disrespect to the current team, lots of great guys and great effort.) I don't want to wish this year away but I'm excited to see what next year brings. I think things are really going to click next year in a different way.

How can you not love this kid? Combine talent, leadership, confidence and throw in some insane energy, I'll take it. Have you noticed the class of 2012 has a great vibe about them? You can tell the staff is recruiting a certain type of personality this year, really upbeat and willing to put in the work to get the job done. (And I don't mean any disrespect to the current team, lots of great guys and great effort.) I don't want to wish this year away but I'm excited to see what next year brings. I think things are really going to click next year in a different way.
You know what would add to this class? Walker Williams. :thumbsup:

You know what would add to this class? Walker Williams. :thumbsup:

If only we could clone the big guy... still, we're excited to experience Buff football and depending on the playoff schedule (undefeated in league at the moment) we're going to try to make the AZ game. That is, if we can find some decent tailgating and have enough freq flyer miles!

BTW Creatini, love the profile pic ~

Hard to argue with Wisconsin football right now, they are doing great things. That being said, i thought it poignant Embree said Wisconsin and Stanford were two of the programs he wants to emulate. To me, the hallmark of those programs are led by great line play, a blue collar mentality, and a ground and pound physicality about them along with some really bright, tough kids on the front line.

CU is having a tough time this year on the field with injuries and adapting to the new mentality of this coaching staff but it's always most difficult putting the infrastructure in place first. Guys like Jeff Thomas, Justin Solis, Shane Dillon, and potentially one Mr. Walker Williams among many others are going to be the building blocks that gets this program back up and running and you can tell it from whenever you see or hear these kids in interviews. There's just a can do attitude that's so refreshing about them, and they're ready to go. I'm sure these guys would throw on a CU jersey today if it meant getting the work underway now.

Even though the record is disappointing, i'm feeling very excited and optimistic about the recruits we are bringing in this class, and really, the recruits we closed on last class as well. Time will tell!

Back