What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA DT Justin Solis (Signed to Colorado)

FWIW Wisconsin just picked up another 4* OT. So that is 2 along with Walker. CU looks mighty nice right now

Have a good feeling about this guy. The times I saw him on tv, you didnt have to look for him, he stood out. He was dominant in one of them and he was doubled the whole game. Cant wait to see him on the field.

Have a good feeling about this guy. The times I saw him on tv, you didnt have to look for him, he stood out. He was dominant in one of them and he was doubled the whole game. Cant wait to see him on the field.

Did Rino bust a nut on this or this premature ahem well ya know:rolling_eyes:

For those that haven't seen him, here's a edited full game video of Westlake vs. Oaks Christian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkVZg7Ahn8

Solis is #57, he'll hop back and forth from the under or over d-tackle. Sometimes they'll slide into a 3 man front and he'll play the nose. I think the guy has very good strength as you'll see when he takes on numerous double teams. He also has a very nice burst off the snap for a big guy. It reminds me a little bit of when Michael Dean Perry was good in the NFL. He was tough to block just based on his jump. I see nice chase ability running up and down the LOS. I can see a difference in his stamina carrying the extra weight but that's to be expected.

Johnny Stuart is on the video, #82. He's usually the left DE over the right tackle. Nice prospect. He' s a much better athlete than I gave him credit for. He was more quiet this game than some of the other video i've seen but I still like what he brings to the table. I think he's a very passionate basketball player and you can tell he's very fluid in his movements. I could see him playing DE or TE for us.

For those that haven't seen him, here's a edited full game video of Westlake vs. Oaks Christian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkVZg7Ahn8

Solis is #57, he'll hop back and forth from the under or over d-tackle. Sometimes they'll slide into a 3 man front and he'll play the nose. I think the guy has very good strength as you'll see when he takes on numerous double teams. He also has a very nice burst off the snap for a big guy. It reminds me a little bit of when Michael Dean Perry was good in the NFL. He was tough to block just based on his jump. I see nice chase ability running up and down the LOS. I can see a difference in his stamina carrying the extra weight but that's to be expected.

Johnny Stuart is on the video, #82. He's usually the left DE over the right tackle. Nice prospect. He' s a much better athlete than I gave him credit for. He was more quiet this game than some of the other video i've seen but I still like what he brings to the table. I think he's a very passionate basketball player and you can tell he's very fluid in his movements. I could see him playing DE or TE for us.

I watched the 3rd and 4th quarters when this game originally aired. Solis is a beast -- he requires extra attention by the offense. He is exactly what you want in a DT (or nose).

Stuart played huge in the 2nd half, on defense. I can't remember any catches while he was at TE, so I can't opine about him on offense. Defense! This guy was a monster off the edge.

391882_10150539433700955_105041320954_10827478_1580370197_n.jpg

I hope Mr. Rippy sees this photo. Guy like Solis makes life a lot easier for LBs.

After Kisima, I think Solis has the goods to be really special. These two in my novice eye look really good, and proved it against decent competition. I have high hopes for Solis, and I'm looking forward to a special three/four years.

Update from Embree press conference. He thinks he is closer to 300 pounds.

Back