What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA FB Christian Powell (Signed to Colorado)

331001.jpg

One of my all time favorite Buffs - Brandon Drumm. It's really incredible what a good fullback can do for an offense. Vickers, while good, was really a tailback who grew into being a fullback. Having a guy who knows the details of being a fullback is so very important. Our offense just got a lot better. I'm thrilled.

331001.jpg

One of my all time favorite Buffs - Brandon Drumm. It's really incredible what a good fullback can do for an offense. Vickers, while good, was really a tailback who grew into being a fullback. Having a guy who knows the details of being a fullback is so very important. Our offense just got a lot better. I'm thrilled.

FB's and TE's!!!

The Alaskan Assassin was a definite beast. Powell has the physical skills to make an impact right away. Cant wait to see this power rushing game come to life!!!

FYI, Powell is listed as an athlete. He made 15 sacks his senior season and had 7 rushing TD's from the fullback position. My guess is Powell and Norgard will both practice at 2 different positions this fall. Things could get really interesting. :thumbsup:

Hell yes!!! Maybe my favorite prospect this cycle. I can't wait to see him lay the wood on opposing LBs the next few years!

Here's to Powell doing double duty going both ways much like the Stanford kid did a few years ago.
Heard it here first.

Don't see Powell playing both sides of the ball. He is probably talented enough to do it, but why would we do it. He is going to bowl over everyone in front of our improved backfield. Let him rest while we're on D. Now I think Norgard, b/c he is more of a defensive player, may end up pulling double duty as backup to Powell if he needs a rest and rotating in maybe at LB.

How can you say Norgard is more of a defensive player. Powell had 90 tackles, 15 sacks and two balls batted down in addition to playing fullback in just his senior season. USC almost pulled the trigger and brought in Powell as a DT. If they were not limited on schollies, he would be a Trojan right now. He is probably the most well rounded FOOTBALL PLAYER that we have landed in many years!

Last edited:
Powell is a stud. Plain and simple. Great pick up for you guys. Congrats on a well rounded recruiting class. I sincerely hope you crush the f*ck out of fUCLA and everyone else next year.

I say take the least likely to ever get any time at LB between Greer, Daigh, Tuumalo, and Lowell and teach them how to play fullback in the spring knowing PowPow is going to be here in the fall to take it on. Move Clay to LB and start the two time Butkus Award winning career ASAP.

Fantasy football is fun.

Powell is a stud. Plain and simple. Great pick up for you guys. Congrats on a well rounded recruiting class. I sincerely hope you crush the f*ck out of fUCLA and everyone else next year.

Does that include Cal in the 2nd P12 Championship in boulder next november?

How can you say Norgard is more of a defensive player.
I am not saying Norgard is more of a defensive player than Powell. I am saying Powell is a demolition man at FB and w/ our offensive scheme we'd be stupid to switch him to D and don't think he should pull double duty. Norgard however from what I understand hasn't really played FB and has spent the bulk of his HS career only on the defensive side.

1203966.jpg
upland trio is prepped, even though I disagree withthe coaches hat decision... thanks adam for the pic.

Back