What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA PG Tyrone Wallace (Signed to Cal)

Not inaccurate. Premature.

From Josh Gershon at Scout a little while ago, Wallace has made a decision to chop Oregon and is done with official visits.

Quotes from Wallace Sr. in the article.

So is Rivals killing it on the recruiting trail or is Scout? I'm confused? :lol:

So is Rivals killing it on the recruiting trail or is Scout? I'm confused? :lol:

Everyone is stepping up their hoops coverage. With Scout, it's almost always Josh Gershon with the info. He's really good. With Rivals, we have our site publisher getting a lot of stuff on top of what the national & regional guys do. AZ's has been very timely and targeted with its scoop and interviews.

Just one of the ways that you can tell that CU Hoops is growing. It didn't used to be like this.

The greatest part of this is we seem to be wrapping up this class just in time for the signing date.

No matter how this year goes, it will be tough to not look ahead to the possibilities of 2012 with the type of class Tad is constructing.

I'm hoping that Coach is confident and he's building this up so that everyone knows we beat Cal for a recruit they were going after hard.

I'm worried as hell, though. I promise to be off the board on Monday to give us the best possible chance.

I'm hoping that Coach is confident and he's building this up so that everyone knows we beat Cal for a recruit they were going after hard.

I'm worried as hell, though. I promise to be off the board on Monday to give us the best possible chance.

You should probably just leave now on the off chance he decides early.

I think it's time for you to take that long weekend in Windypatch Wyoming. And make sure you forget your laptop.

Yung has tweeted that he thinks today is the day for Wallace but it could go "either way".

So now it doesn't sound as positive as it was last week?

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Agreed, momentum doesn't seem to be in our favor here. Maybe Wallace should watch some old Golden State footage.

Considering we were his last OV, because he cancelled his visit to Oregon after he visited here, I still really like our chances.

I'm sure a big part of him not going to Oregon was their position with Artis.

Completely agree, but it can only help us that we were the last to impress him. At the bearinsider (CAL forum) they believe him to be a very strong Colorado lean with with his AAU ties to members on our team. Its all up in the air at the moment but I still think we have the edge here.

Completely agree, but it can only help us that we were the last to impress him. At the bearinsider (CAL forum) they believe him to be a very strong Colorado lean with with his AAU ties to members on our team. Its all up in the air at the moment but I still think we have the edge here.

If I were handicapping it, this is what I'd go with. I like our odds, but it's hardly a no-brainer.

I hope he sees that with Tad's system and the other players we are bringing in, this would be a great situation for him. Looking at what Tad has done in the past with much less talent than he has coming in now this program really looks to be on the upswing.

It also has to help that Tad again this past week reafirmed that he is happy in Boulder and not looking at other offers. His ties to Colorado have to help compared to some coaches at other places whos only link to the school they are at is a contract that can be bought out by a bigger program.

I hope he sees that with Tad's system and the other players we are bringing in, this would be a great situation for him. Looking at what Tad has done in the past with much less talent than he has coming in now this program really looks to be on the upswing.

It also has to help that Tad again this past week reafirmed that he is happy in Boulder and not looking at other offers. His ties to Colorado have to help compared to some coaches at other places whos only link to the school they are at is a contract that can be bought out by a bigger program.

I agree with your sentiment. But not too many coaches are going to come out and say "I would leave if I could coach somewhere better". That doesn't look good. While I don't think CTB has plans to leave right away, it would not shock me if after a few successful seasons things open up for him elsewhere. He really hasn't been a head coach for very long either, so who knows what happens down the road.

I agree with your sentiment. But not too many coaches are going to come out and say "I would leave if I could coach somewhere better". That doesn't look good. While I don't think CTB has plans to leave right away, it would not shock me if after a few successful seasons things open up for him elsewhere. He really hasn't been a head coach for very long either, so who knows what happens down the road.
There are just too many unknowns right now that make this impossible to predict. CU is in a prime position to keep Coach Boyle if they want to. If he proves out over the next couple of years, the AD should give him a big contract that reflects his success and their desire to retain him. If he's doing that well, then additional investments in the basketball program would probably be warranted, which would go even further to keeping him. If you've a top 4 team in a top 4 conference, I really wouldn't see him jumping ship unless it is for a number 1 team (UNC, Kentucky, UCONN, KU, etc.) and those jobs just don't open up very often. If he builds a winner, it is up to CU to make sure he wants to stay.

Coaching by nature is a portable proffession, guys are almost always looking for the next step in their career.

The advantage with Tad is that he can tell kids that he is a Colorado guy. His wife is from Colorado, his extended family is here, his kids are in school here, and he seems to genuinely like living here.

Certainly if some perenial top 25 program came after him with a bunch of money he would have to listen. A couple of prominent programs like Kansas and a couple where he was an assistant may also be of interest but for the most part he can argue that he is more stable than a lot of others with reason.

Back