What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA PG Tyrone Wallace (Signed to Cal)

There are just too many unknowns right now that make this impossible to predict. CU is in a prime position to keep Coach Boyle if they want to. If he proves out over the next couple of years, the AD should give him a big contract that reflects his success and their desire to retain him. If he's doing that well, then additional investments in the basketball program would probably be warranted, which would go even further to keeping him. If you've a top 4 team in a top 4 conference, I really wouldn't see him jumping ship unless it is for a number 1 team (UNC, Kentucky, UCONN, KU, etc.) and those jobs just don't open up very often. If he builds a winner, it is up to CU to make sure he wants to stay.

If he does well enough to justify an offer from one of the programs you mention then he will have won enough here that we will be happy anyways and have some quality options interesting in replacing him.

I don't think Tad would leave to go anywhere other than Kansas. And with the shaky nature of the Big 12-2-1-1+1+1(maybe) I think even KU would be a stretch for him. If he does what it looks like he's going to do, CU is going to be a solid Tier 2 basketball school for a long, long time. That's a pretty good spot to be in. A lot of tier 2 schools get to be tier 1 schools after a while (think UConn, Arizona).

Tad is also a guy who moves to the beat of his own drummer. Remember that he left a very lucrative position in the finance industry that could have led to a much more lucrative position in the same industry to become a GA coach which paid very little and then started as an assistant for much less money than he could have made staying in his old position and with a lot less security.

What this shows is that while I would never say that money isn't important to Tad he makes decision based on what he wants to do in life with money not neccessarily driving those decisions.

Tad is also a guy who moves to the beat of his own drummer. Remember that he left a very lucrative position in the finance industry that could have led to a much more lucrative position in the same industry to become a GA coach which paid very little and then started as an assistant for much less money than he could have made staying in his old position and with a lot less security.

What this shows is that while I would never say that money isn't important to Tad he makes decision based on what he wants to do in life with money not neccessarily driving those decisions.

If he leaves, it will have a lot more to do with competing for championships than just money. I agree he is very comfortable in CO, and it would be tough for him to leave this situation. But when I see the success he is having recruiting here at CU in a program with very little basketball tradition, fan support, resources, etc., compared to a lot of other programs around the country, I can't help but wonder how well he would recruit somewhere else. Winning the league championship, making the tournament, or winning a national title almost always comes down to getting the guys. While he's done a great job doing that here, there are plenty of schools that make that easier.

With all that being said I think he still has a lot to prove. Especially at CU. I don't see him going anywhere too soon, if at all.

If he leaves, it will have a lot more to do with competing for championships than just money. I agree he is very comfortable in CO, and it would be tough for him to leave this situation. But when I see the success he is having recruiting here at CU in a program with very little basketball tradition, fan support, resources, etc., compared to a lot of other programs around the country, I can't help but wonder how well he would recruit somewhere else. Winning the league championship, making the tournament, or winning a national title almost always comes down to getting the guys. While he's done a great job doing that here, there are plenty of schools that make that easier.

With all that being said I think he still has a lot to prove. Especially at CU. I don't see him going anywhere too soon, if at all.

This is why it is important for the school to show that it is willing to provide the support that will allow him to have a successful program. The practice facility was a great start, now to keep the momentum going.

Listening to my friend (a recent cal grad) have some serious envy over the direction our program is going, makes me extremely happy. Being a buffs fan has been difficult as of late, but the possibility of signing 3 top 100's, reminds me of my loyalty. Bring this one home TB.

41GPT3RJF2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

time to step away from the board for a bit BCS.

Why is this thread so quiet? Seriously, somone besides the buff scoop crew must have some information?

Scoop was that he isn't announcing on Monday.

In fact, hearing from a few other people that we may not know on Wallace for days, if not weeks. Dude is legitimately torn on this decision. The important thing is that he takes his time and makes a decision he's comfortable with.

In fact, hearing from a few other people that we may not know on Wallace for days, if not weeks. Dude is legitimately torn on this decision. The important thing is that he takes his time and makes a decision he's comfortable with.
and that he really wants to play basketball.

Ummmm, no. The important thing is that he chooses to come to Colorado to play basketball. Where are your priorities, man?

Signing day is in a week and the early signing period ends November 16th, any chance he postpones until the spring signing period?

Signing day is in a week and the early signing period ends November 16th, any chance he postpones until the spring signing period?

For the sake of our nerves I hope not. Just make it better for everyone, be a Buff.

Back